Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:06:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PS5 Games Reveal Thursday 4th June

Started by Bazooka, June 01, 2020, 06:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mango Chimes

Any games where you can play as a man with a gun?

Maybe one where I can drive a sports car?

Malcy

Quote from: Operty1 on June 11, 2020, 09:54:47 PM
Yeah, isn't this going to cost big money?

There was a placeholder on Amazon the other day for £599.99 but it could be less, could be more. I'll be waiting till it drops a good bit anyway.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Mango Chimes on June 11, 2020, 10:00:09 PM
Any games where you can play as a man with a gun?

Maybe one where I can drive a sports car?

Have you ever just looked through the front covers of your game library? Obviously this depends on your tastes but mine (and I suspect a few others) is something like:

man with gun
man with gun
man with sword
man with gun walking away from explosion
car
woman with gun
man with gun and sword
plane with guns
spaceman with spacegun
space car
wizard
wizard with a gunsword in a car in space

Operty1

Nothing there makes me want to spend £600 plus. I'll wait for the ps5 slim.

Bazooka

GTA V remaster

Spiderman 2

Gran Turismo 7

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart (looks really nice)

Project Athia (Square Enix ps exclusive,3rd person action RPG?)

Stray (play a cat in the future with robots in place of humans, humans have become extinct?)

Returnal(lone Survivor crash lands on an alien planet,3rd person shooter with g
adaptable ground hog day type structure? )

Little Big Story

Destruction Allstars (Futuristic destruction derby car arena combat spliced with Fortnite styles, it's going to fucking make millions $$¥₩£)

Kena: Bridge of Spirits (cutsey fantasy adventure game)

Goodbye Volcano High (cartoon furry game, I'm not even kidding, it looks revolting)

Oddworld: Soulstorm

Ghostwire Tokyo (supernatural futuristic FPS but with abilities not guns, in Japan, electric demons etc,looks really good)

Godfall (3rd person GoW combat fantasy action type)

Solar Ash (cel shaded adventure game, Journey style graphics)

Hitman 3

Astros Playroom (cutsey robot 3D platformer)

Little Devil Inside (3D adventure, Zelda like combat, looked fun)

NBA 2K21

Bugsnax (aimed at the kids, like Silicon Valley but what you eat you gain the aesthetics or abilities,like strawberry arms, not sure)

Demon's Souls (no in game footage)

Deathloop (FPS from Arkane Lyon so similar graphical style to Dishonoured etc, but more action based with time manipulation?)

Village:Resident Evil (FPS view,werewolf,gothic Europe Resident Evil)

Pragmata (Astronaut game)

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 aka Horizon Forbidden West

PS5 console itself, looks like a big BT home hub or something.

Boooo no Silent Hill.

Natnar

So it looks like there's a digital only version of the console with no CD/DVD/Blu ray player in it.

madhair60

That was boring and I was bored by it

Bazooka

Quote from: madhair60 on June 11, 2020, 10:21:10 PM
That was boring and I was bored by it

You won't be saying that when Goodbye Volcano High bikini costume dlc is released.

Mango Chimes

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 11, 2020, 10:13:15 PM
Have you ever just looked through the front covers of your game library?

I've got a Switch.

Cartoon girl sawing wood under the supervision of a raccoon.
Colourful squids leaping around in paint.
Woman in workout outfit facing a bodybuilding dragon.

Camp Tramp

Half the games seemed to gave Furries in them.

Volcano High looks repulsive.

It was commented when the title for Bugsnax was seen that it was designed to get kids used to the idea of an insect rich diet in the future.

TrenterPercenter

cat game and demons souls.

rest meh.

Bazooka

QuoteGoodbye Volcano High stars Lachlan Watson (known for Netflix's Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) and delivers a "queer narrative created by a diverse team with multiple storylines and unique endings," according to KO_OP.

It'll include musical and "cinematic" minigames, as well as "difficult choices" along the way. It's tough not to associate it with Night in the Woods a little, if only because they're both 2D story-adventure games staring animal-based characters. It does feel distinct in style and substance

Chairman Yang

I wonder who that's for? Seems like KO-OP an indie outfit that the games corps kick around for street cred.

I can tell you what the gay teens were playing in my house back in the day, fucking Hitman.

madhair60

Beagle 2

Got an Xbox I hardly turn on, feels like it's fine for a good few years yet. I'll probably buy a Switch pro immediately though.

It looks like a Chinese knock off called the XPSGAMEBOX that runs on Linux.

Mobius

No Fallout New Vegas remake? Fuck this.

H-O-W-L

The new Oddworld looks like shit and successfully takes a fat stinky dump on the grave of the series. Thanks for warning me ahead of time, Oddworld Inhabitants!

a peepee tipi

Cinematic heavy as to be expected, but idk I was interested in a lot of what was shown. Especially looking forward to new Ratchet and the Annapurna games. I understand the desire for games to have more discernible identity, it's very much needed and you can definitely make the argument that a bunch of this shit might not be worth the price tag in the end. But not surprised that the action games felt so samey when that's been the case for like 20 years. Thus, not really disappointed. And that said, overall I found there to be a satisfying amount of fun concepts and ideas presented so I wasn't bored either. Will likely wait for post-release reviews on most of them, but the interest is there and some were just plain gorgeous.

However, uh, look dramatically closing out a trailer with the title reveal? Standard, obviously. But when the title is Returnal? Fuckin eyes started bleeding

Sheffield Wednesday

I'll get it day one if it's got BC and if one of Demon's, HZD2 or GT7 are available. Everything looked PS4 tier though, whether it's the shit quality stream, virtually zero gameplay trailers or software development has been shat on by corono. The design is pure hubris, like it's intended to be the centrepiece of the room. I'll be hiding it behind the telly, it's visually repellent.

Kelvin

Hans Zimmer would have made a cool million if he got paid for every trailer that ripped off his Inception horns. Same for whoever wrote the Avengers theme.

I dunno. I'm sure the games will be great, it's clearly a very packed lineup. I just didn't see very much that actually looked mechanically interesting or inventive. Going purely off the trailers, Rachet and Clank might have been the only game that seemed to be using the improved tech to push forward it's gameplay ambitions and not just it's environmental ones.       

Fry

I love it when pre rendered trailer of a game is all experimental and psychedelic, all dripping with symbolism and givingthe impression of being incredibly deep, thematic and original. Then it shows gameplay and it's a woman running around with a gun sploding aliens.

I was waiting on getting a ps4 cuz I figured I could just get a ps5 and play all those games I missed during the fallow period just after a new console's release. Not really even tempted by that now. Might just get a ps4 pro on the cheap.

Bugsnax!

Bazooka

Yeah I agree, Ratchet and Clank was the most visually impressive, GranTurismo which is usually a series that really demonstrates the next generation tech better than most, really could have been GT Sport on PS4.

Timothy

That was great.

Some great sequals to great games (Spider-Man, Ratchet and Clank, Horizon, RE, Gran Turismo, Hitman!) and a lot of new interesting IP's.
The stream was in 30 FPS and not in 4K so these games are going to look even better and I quite like the design of the PS5 console and the controller.

Day one buy for me.

Sheffield Wednesday

I know it's a narcissistic notion but I sometimes think that you are almost the exact inversion of how I feel about anything.

Jerzy Bondov

Really excited to play games on the PlayStation 5

That is a hideous box. Why white? Why the horns? It's like an Alienware machine from 10 years ago. Like someone wrapped a Sky Q box in one of those plastic ring binders.

Bazooka

I only got the PS4 at the end of 2017, as my backlog on PS3,3DS,WiiU(lol) was still massive, and I'll do the same with PS5 wait a for a few years some quids to drop off, as the PS4 has enough to keep me going for a long time to come. I still don't own a Switch, the only post N64 Nintendo console(not counting each DS/3DS versions like 2DS)I haven't had since day one.

Watched the Trailers, everything looked so Beige, very little game play footage there. Looks like tons of cut scenes i'd be hammering my pad trying to skip. Its more of the state of modern AAA games than PS5, but i can't help compare it with Nintendo's strategy and there game play variety isa lot more broad. Make tech in white plastic should be a massive no no these days, everybody know that  it will brown in the sun. It looks very ugly and Game must be shitting there pants over the digital only option.

Sheffield Wednesday

Quote from: Bazooka on June 12, 2020, 10:06:25 AM
I only got the PS4 at the end of 2017, as my backlog on PS3,3DS,WiiU(lol) was still massive, and I'll do the same with PS5 wait a for a few years some quids to drop off, as the PS4 has enough to keep me going for a long time to come. I still don't own a Switch, the only post N64 Nintendo console(not counting each DS/3DS versions like 2DS)I haven't had since day one.

Sell all the other dogshit consoles and get a switch mate