Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:17:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PS5 Games Reveal Thursday 4th June

Started by Bazooka, June 01, 2020, 06:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Utter Shit

I can't wait to see how incredible the graphics will be on the next generation of shit FIFA games.

druss

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on June 12, 2020, 05:53:23 AM
Everything looked PS4 tier though
That's quite common with a new gen though to be fair, early PS4 games looked PS3 gen.

Rinsing GTA5 for a third generation is pretty depressing. Thought we'd have had a new one by now.

They'll only make a new one when people stop buying this one.

I don't think it's left the UK or US top 10s once since it first came out in 2013.

Mango Chimes

I've just watched the beginning of this via the Benny Harvey YouTube uploads of Limmy's stream. I can't believe you'd launch your new console with an old trailer of an old game that's not even for this console! That's mental. I was expecting it to do a transition to the new version, black-and-white into colour, 4:3 into widescreen, but no. Just the old game, old trailer, and a title card saying "we'll update it next year". How does that happen? Did they not get it ready? Was it written into the contract that they have to show it first, and then at the last minute they realised they had nothing to show?

Sheffield Wednesday

Madden, FIFA, etc. have basically been doing the same thing as GTA:O for the last six years, just with the pretence of releasing something 'new'. I don't even like it but I'd give it it a go on PS5 just to see what that open world looks like with better detail, draw distance and HDR.

Timothy

Fifa's The Journey was a great addition imo and Career is now almost a mini version of Football Manager.

FIFA 20's Volta was crap though.

Timothy

Just read that Spider-Man is not Part 2 but a Remastered version of 1 with a Miles expansion.

That's disappointing. :(

falafel

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 12, 2020, 12:55:35 PM
They'll only make a new one when people stop buying this one.

I don't think it's left the UK or US top 10s once since it first came out in 2013.

That's the thing, i don't understand who's left to buy it

Kelvin

Quote from: Timothy on June 12, 2020, 01:26:11 PM
Just read that Spider-Man is not Part 2 but a Remastered version of 1 with a Miles expansion.

That's disappointing. :(

Are you sure? The trailer made it look like a half way point between the two; not quite a full sequel, but more than just DLC. I assumed it was a game of it's own, but a smaller, shorter one.   

Ferris

Quote from: falafel on June 12, 2020, 01:31:03 PM
That's the thing, i don't understand who's left to buy it

I was going to get a copy of skyrim for the switch so I could play it handheld. Switch store wanted $80 for it - it's nearly a decade old! Who's still fucking buying this to keep the price so high.

Bazooka

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 12, 2020, 02:22:44 PM
I was going to get a copy of skyrim for the switch so I could play it handheld. Switch store wanted $80 for it - it's nearly a decade old! Who's still fucking buying this to keep the price so high.

Switch+Canada=misery prices, can get it for about 4 quid on other consoles.

Mister Six

Only saw the Ratchet trailer, which was impressive but part of the dimension hopping was literally on rails, which isn't a good sign.

Quite happy playing Deadly Premonition on the Switch at the minute. I'll probably wait until there's a PS5 slim that doesn't look like overengineered dogshit.

It looks like they got Apple to design the new Star Wars robots.

Kelvin

Ben Hanson, over on MinnMax Games, took one look at it and said, "It looks like an evil queen."

Ferris

Quote from: Bazooka on June 12, 2020, 02:27:44 PM
Switch+Canada=misery prices, can get it for about 4 quid on other consoles.

I must have bought a dozen copies over the years, always second hand and never more than about 12 quid. I was blown away at the brass neck of trying to charge a full AAA price tag for it.

Ferris

Quote from: Mister Six on June 12, 2020, 02:35:27 PM
Only saw the Ratchet trailer, which was impressive but part of the dimension hopping was literally on rails, which isn't a good sign.

Quite happy playing Deadly Premonition on the Switch at the minute. I'll probably wait until there's a PS5 slim that doesn't look like overengineered dogshit.

Have you ever noticed that flashy electronics go through waves of colours? They cycle from all black, to silver, to white, and then back to black so on ad infinitum. The matte/gloss finish seems to cut in and out randomly.

Josef K

Thought it was an alright reveal, 7/10.
The stream quality was dogshit but the 4K trailers uploaded looked life different games.
Happy that the cyberpunk cat game has got a name after 5+ years in development.

Few too many kiddy games but I guess that makes sense given it's on sale right before Christmas.

Mister Six

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 12, 2020, 02:46:20 PM
Have you ever noticed that flashy electronics go through waves of colours? They cycle from all black, to silver, to white, and then back to black so on ad infinitum. The matte/gloss finish seems to cut in and out randomly.

I'm glad the early 80s charcoal grey and dark blue, and late 80s beige and brushed aluminium have seemingly been knocked out of the cycle. Wouldn't mind a return of wood panelling though.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 12, 2020, 02:46:20 PMHave you ever noticed that flashy electronics go through waves of colours? They cycle from all black, to silver, to white, and then back to black so on ad infinitum. The matte/gloss finish seems to cut in and out randomly.

And whenever things aren't black, people want them to be black.

Ferris

Quote from: Mister Six on June 12, 2020, 03:03:16 PM
I'm glad the early 80s charcoal grey and dark blue, and late 80s beige and brushed aluminium have seemingly been knocked out of the cycle. Wouldn't mind a return of wood panelling though.

Not too late for the new xbox!

Quote from: Mister Six on June 12, 2020, 02:35:27 PM

Looks nothing like anything Apple would come up with.

This shit is pure Alienware.

Kelvin

Zetetic

I would simply buy a computer.

Although they all look awful too.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Why do designers think games hardware has to be all flashy and/or ugly? Do they think that we're all so thick that we'll put the games disks in the DVD player otherwise?

Kelvin

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 12, 2020, 04:37:56 PM
Why do designers think games hardware has to be all flashy and/or ugly? Do they think that we're all so thick that we'll put the games disks in the DVD player otherwise?

Because people fetishise the console itself, and especially prior to launch, like to look at pictures and imagine what could be. Then they get the console, and they stick it on its side and never look at it again, other than when they pop a disc inside.   

Bazooka

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 12, 2020, 04:37:56 PM

I have walked outside before carrying my GameCube by its handle thinking it was my briefcase.

Sheffield Wednesday

Xbox Series X is the best console. Looks like a black box. Stand it however you like. Kick it out the window. Throw it at someone. Slam someone's head against it otherwise it against someone's head. Get two and put someone's head in a vice with them.

Timothy

Quote from: Kelvin on June 12, 2020, 01:55:53 PM
Are you sure? The trailer made it look like a half way point between the two; not quite a full sequel, but more than just DLC. I assumed it was a game of it's own, but a smaller, shorter one.

Yeah you are right. They just clarified it's a stand alone game. Looking forward to it.

Ferris

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on June 12, 2020, 06:17:25 PM
Xbox Series X is the best console. Looks like a black box. Stand it however you like. Kick it out the window. Throw it at someone. Slam someone's head against it otherwise it against someone's head. Get two and put someone's head in a vice with them.

Problem is, at the end of all that you still have an xbox