Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:31:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PS5 Games Reveal Thursday 4th June

Started by Bazooka, June 01, 2020, 06:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Sheffield Wednesday

Speaking plainly, the Xbox One X is a vastly better console than the PS4 for multiplatform games. RDR2, Titanfall 2 and AC Odyssey take an atomic dump on the Pro versions. Game Pass is also infinitely better than PS Now and PS+ combined, if you want a quick cheap massive quality library. PS4 is great if you're a cool depressed dad or panty sniffin weeb and the exclusives are well better.

Josef K

The thing with Xbox is that there's really no need to buy one if you have an alright gaming PC.

Getting Playstation for the numerous really good exclusives (and upgrading your PC midway through the gen if you're a rich bitch) covers all bases

Zetetic

The exclusivity stuff for PS5 doesn't seem so compelling, maybe.

(Can you emulate a Switch easily yet? You could definitely do Wii stuff on ancient PC hardware.)

Sheffield Wednesday

What's an amazingly misleading headline. Hahaha. What a terrible 'actually' type post.

Most games are multiplatform but Sony's exclusives are better than Xbox, simple as that, and there are loads more. PC guys getting their frig on about HZD finally coming to PC and Bloodborne maybe coming to PC five years after I played it for 500 hours is such a weird thing to celebrate. How many PC owners died in the five years since I first and last played Bloodborne?

Not nearly enough 😂😂😂

You can't emulate the Switch well enough yet, but even if you could, you really missing out on not only some amazing online games but also the major selling point of the system.

Sheffield Wednesday

Quote from: Josef K on June 13, 2020, 11:02:49 AM
The thing with Xbox is that there's really no need to buy one if you have an alright gaming PC.

Getting Playstation for the numerous really good exclusives (and upgrading your PC midway through the gen if you're a rich bitch) covers all bases

Yeah, I suppose that will also change next gen, though. If they release the XSX for £500, you'd need to spend at least double that to achieve similar specs, from what I've read. Generally true though, MS are making it all about the service and the availability of games rather than the locked platform. Game Pass on PC is a great example.

Zetetic

I think you've probably misread my intentions there. Or I'm misreading you, and this is one of those "bits".

Ferris

Quote from: Sheffield Wednesday on June 13, 2020, 08:18:16 AM
Speaking plainly, the Xbox One X is a vastly better console than the PS4 for multiplatform games. RDR2, Titanfall 2 and AC Odyssey take an atomic dump on the Pro versions. Game Pass is also infinitely better than PS Now and PS+ combined, if you want a quick cheap massive quality library. PS4 is great if you're a cool depressed dad or panty sniffin weeb and the exclusives are well better.

Bazinga

Pink Gregory

I find a lot of these difficult to look at.  I know that things two generations ago were brown and grey ad infinitum and that was worse; but saturated violently clashing colours and particles particles particles aren't easy on the eye either.

Stray appealed to me; wish I was more excited for Deathloop (because Arkane), but I suppose we don't know loads about it yet.

Pinball

The new consoles are never retro-compatible enough IMO. Frustrating. The Xbox does a relatively great job in this regard, however.

As for looks, the NeoGeo AES was always the most beautiful and still is :-) And it's not trying to be fancy, it's just an arcade-perfect console and joysticks.