Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:12:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Big Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band Thread

Started by Banana Woofwoof, May 11, 2005, 11:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favourite Bonzos album?

Gorilla
18 (31.6%)
The Doughnut In Granny's Greenhouse
12 (21.1%)
Tadpoles
4 (7%)
Keynsham
18 (31.6%)
Let's Make Up and Be Friendly
5 (8.8%)
I've only heard Urban Spaceman and Cool Britannia
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: May 29, 2005, 05:51:54 PM

Ignatius_S

Meant to post this a while a go - a Viv and Neil special of the excellent Radio Clash podcast:

QuoteThe Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - The Craig Torso Show (excerpt)
The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - The Intro and the Outro
The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - I'm Going to Bring a Watermelon to My Girl Tonight
The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - Button up Your Overcoat
The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - Death Cab for Cutie
The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - The Sound Of Music
The Bonzo Dog Band - Hello Mabel
The Bonzo Dog Band - My Pink Half of the Drainpipe
Vivian Stanshall - Pub Talk
The Bonzo Dog Band - Canyons of Your Mind 2
The Bonzo Dog Band - The Craig Torso Show (excerpt)
The Bonzo Dog Band - By a Waterfall
The Bonzo Dog Band - Sport (The Odd Boy)
The Bonzo Dog Band - What Do You Do?
The Bonzo Dog Band - Sofa Head
The Bonzo Dog Band - Don't Get Me Wrong
The Bonzo Dog Band - Straight from My Heart
Roger Ruskin Spear - Mattress Man
Neil Innes - Re-Cycled Vinyl Blues
Eric Idle & Neil Innes - Front Loader
The Rutles - Eine Kleine Middle Klasse Musik
Neil Innes - How Sweet To Be An Idiot
Vivian Stanshall - Terry Keeps His Clips On
Vivian Stanshall - Rawlinson's End (excerpt)
Vivian Stanshall - Viv stanshall - John Peel Epitaph
Vivian Stanshall - Id Rather Cut My Hands (live)
Vivian Stanshall - The Cracks Are Showing
The Bonzo Dog Band - No Matter Who You Vote For, The Government Always Gets In
The Bonzo Dog Band - Slush

http://www.mutantpop.net/radioclash/archives/2009/01/29/rc-175/

Jemble Fred

Can anyone more cleverer than I is tell me whether this is just rebundled cash-whoring, or if it's time to part with £35 please?

http://tinyurl.com/l7abwh

I certainly don't like the 'American Gothic' cover, it's not even vaguely Bonzo-ish.

Paaaaul

edit - The DVD looks like it's the full concert from which bits were taken for the "bonus" DVD with Pour L'Amour Des Chiens.

annuver edit - There are loads of Three Bonzos And A Piano gigs in the next 6 months.

lazyhour

Hey people!  Can anyone advise me?  I need to get contact information for whoever is managing Viv Stanshall's estate, i.e., the person who now holds Viv's copyright.  Anyone know who that would be?

xx

Ignatius_S

I think sirhenry would be the best chap to ask.

Paaaaul

Quote from: lazyhour on October 29, 2009, 02:51:00 PM
Hey people!  Can anyone advise me?  I need to get contact information for whoever is managing Viv Stanshall's estate, i.e., the person who now holds Viv's copyright.  Anyone know who that would be?

xx

Try here
http://gingergeezer.net/home.html

Jemble Fred

Oh good heavens his daughter's come out all beautiful.

sirhenry

Viv's daughter Silky and son Rupert hold his copyright jointly. PM me if you have problems contacting either of them.

eta: If you're looking at doing a revival of Sir Henry At Rawlinson End or Stinkfoot, be warned - both are already planned for next year.

If it's for something else, let the vivarchive know and we'll help spread the word.

loulongs

(Removed - first post is plugging a gig and a website.  I'm going to presume you're involved in some way.  If not, stick around and get involved in the debate - Neil)

loulongs

Oops, sorry! Just a fan thinking others might like to know that there is Bonzo activity going on quite a lot out there!

sirhenry

The Three Bonzos and a Piano gigs are great fun (and occasionally there are more than 3 Bonzos involved), as folks have said before they're the closest thing to an early Bonzos gig you'll find anywhere. Most of the shows are in the South, but they occasionally venture further North. The closest to Leeds was in a small town about 50 miles away that was impossible to get back from without a car, so I have yet to see them. Except for Fred Pipes' phone videos of them on Vimeo - crap quality, but still great fun.

loulongs

Try Doo Dah Diaries Vimeos - bit better quality as he gets nearer the front!  I shall be in Stratford tomorrow - very much looking forward!  Gigs are aplenty (I am NOT plugging!) and there is a website that I'm sure you can all find if you put in the appropriate phrase.  I know the chaps would appreciate all the support they can muster.  They are the nicest chaps around and deserve wholehearted support - they do a GREAT show!  There's a fabulous montage of them doing Penzance on YouTube.  If anyone's going to any, be great to meet!

Neil

Quote from: loulongs on October 31, 2009, 03:14:39 PM
Oops, sorry! Just a fan thinking others might like to know that there is Bonzo activity going on quite a lot out there!

Aaah, all apologies then, it's just always suspicious when someone posts a gig and stuff with their first post - mostly they don't come back.  Very sorry about that.

loulongs

Not at all.  So, anyway, the gigs are a-happening (look on Neil Innes and Three Bonzos and a Piano websites for details);  there is radio happening - if anyone wants the recent Roger stuff let me know, I have mp3s.  Rodney will be on next week BBC Lincolnshire I will post when I know details.  Incidentally, there is a Vivian interview here:  http://www.kusf-archives.com/2009/09/kusf-092009-6-8-pm-spotlight-vivian.html
and Roger and Neil Innes ones here: http://www.tommysholidaycamp.com/links.html
done by surname alphabetically.
If you are interested, you can see a photo of me looking stupid (Mickey Mouse ears, for goodness' sake!)  handing out publicity cards for 3 B and a P (NOT plugging!  just being helpful) on the streets of Kendal a couple of months' ago (on the Blogs bit). 
Bill Posters Will Be Band with Sam Spoons at Bull's Head, Barnes every first Thursday of month (next one is 5th Nov).

Go and see them all!!!!!!!!!!!!  We must keep these old geezers going for as long as possible!! The world will be poorer without them.

Cheers.

Louise

weekender

Hi

Does anyone know if any piano sheet music exists for the Bonzo's?  I'm particularly keen to get Music For the Head Ballet, to save myself having to sit and transcribe it.  Googling is leading me to not very much at all.

Thanks dears.

Marty McFly

there's a couple of Neil Innes piano musics on his site, not for that song though.. http://neilinnes.org/chords/listerama.htm

weekender

Ooh, thanks - I'll have How Sweet To Be An Idiot.  Cheers.

loulongs

Just to let you know that there will be an article on the Bonzos written by Roger Ruskin Spear in the January 2010 edition of Shindig Magazine.  The Bonzos also grace the front cover. 

See here (scroll down a bit):  http://www.shindig-magazine.com/buyshindig.html

Also the Three Bonzos and a Piano will be doing a big gig at the Bloomsbury Theatre in London on 6th February 2010 to launch their NEW (yes, new!) CD 'Hair of the Dog'.  I believe tickets are on sale.  It will involve Roger, Rod Slater, Sam Spoons, "Legs" Larry Smith, Vernon Dudley Bohay Nowell, Dave Glasson on Piano and Andy Roberts on guitar.  There are details on www.threebonzosandapiano.co.uk

Cheers,

L

Paaaaul

Thanks Lou, that's reminded me they're playing quite near me next week, so I'll try and get along.

I hope the album's better than the last Bonzo one.

Serge

Bonzo lovers should check out the ten page article in the new 'Shindig!' magazine, including Roger Ruskin Spears' memories, amongst other things. I've been moved to play 'The Doughnut In Granny's Greenhouse' at top volume in the shop as a result.

sirhenry

loulongs

Just to remind everybody of the next few Three Bonzos dates:

(Extensive plugging removed - Neil)

Hope to see you there.

L

loulongs

Actually, the 19th February (Brecon) is a Friday!  Sorry!

L

loulongs

Just to let you know Roger Ruskin Spear is on BBC Radio London tonight (8th Jan) at about 10.45pm on Big George's late show.

He will also be on Sunday 10th Jan, BBC Radio Solent at about 10.30am, Nick Girdler's show.

And the Shindig articles are very good - 10 pages on the Bonzos!  Great!

loulongs

(Removed 'buy this CD' spam.  Locking this thread now as it's a) 5 years old and b) has been turned into a spamfest, please start a new one if you want to discuss The Bonzos.  Neil)