Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:18:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2020 Final: Crabwalk Vs Miles

Started by Crabwalk, June 04, 2020, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhoMe

Bloody hell. That's a Federer-level no-look one handed return ace Boomshot. It's almost criminal that these creations are confined to an obscure corner of the web. But we get to enjoy them, so fuck 'em.

Miles

Johnny Yesno

Very nice, although I admit it took me a bit of googling to understand it as I've not read Five Children and It (nor read or seen any Harry Potter, for that matter).

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I just turned my laptop upside down to read the NHS letter next to the book. Incredible detail!

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Cerys

Crabwalk

Johnny Yesno

Yes! This final was really missing the anus theme. I am happy now.

God there's so much in that shot! I love it

EDIT: woohoo! I'm in it!

Cerys

Miles

*You don't get anything for a Keir*

Cheers Crabwalk!

selectivememory

Well done both of you. A fantastic final, and the one that this tournament deserves. I'm going to take some time to mull it over before I vote.

Johnny Yesno

Fucksakes. Both of you thoughtlessly being bloody brilliant. How am I supposed to choose?

selectivememory

It's a really tough choice, but I think I'm going to go with Miles because I just love that final shot. A perfect closer to this match and the whole tournament. Had it been a normal four-shot match, I think I would have swayed Crabwalk, as that Rowling/Glinner shot made me laugh as much as anything in this year's Wimblewrong.

touchingcloth

Loved Crab's second shot, but Miles sneaks it. Ruddy good game.

Cerys

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 17, 2020, 01:24:09 AM
Fucksakes. Both of you thoughtlessly being bloody brilliant. How am I supposed to choose?

This.  I should be voting for Crabwalk, to make my defeat even more worthy than it already was - but then Miles puts the kibosh on that by being just as amazing.  I can't choose between them.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Got to be Miles. Amazing match from both players though.

kittens

thought crab had it in the bag at first but miles' last two are championship winners. miles

Butchers Blind

A final worthy of what has been a tremendous tournament this year.  A tight one to judge but overall Miles edges it by a hair.

wasp_f15ting

BlodwynPig

Ferris

That was amazing! Every shot an absolute belter.

I'll vote crabwalk but it seems churlish to pick a winner out that. The sport of Wimblewrong was the real winner.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: kittens on June 17, 2020, 10:17:36 AM
thought crab had it in the bag at first but miles' last two are championship winners. miles

Yeah, that's the direction I'm leaning as well. Crabbo put up a good fight but Miles was relentless, like fuckin Kenshiro off of "Fist of the North Star".

WOOOOAAAATATATATATATATAT

Great game, though, and what a year this has been.

Small Man Big Horse

Stunning stuff from both but for me Crabwalk's second is an ace that just can't be beat.

Spoon of Ploff

one last time then...

Spoiler alert
Crabs opening is the classic Album Wrong, which he also used in the 2018 final to great effect. Miles however counters this beautifully.. the "Paused" is an especially nice touch. Neither of the second round of shots chimed much with me (Clive), but I'd say Crabs edged it. These shots felt a little like our Titans of wrong were jockeying for position - to play that killer final shot. Crabs incorporation of Wrongs from earlier rounds is either a genius move, or a desperate attempt to curry favour with his peers. Miles, for me, knocks it out the part with his mixture of Alan Moore's  Watchmen and the beige one (who I think had escaped 2020 more or less unscathed until this point).

So for me it's go to be Miles by 2-1

A-and it purely coincidence that has seen me vote in the last two rounds against the players who have humiliated me in finals from years past.
[close]

Miles

chveik

Fishfinger

I judge Miles to be the tallest giant, but only by a lump on the head.