Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:00:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2020 Final: Crabwalk Vs Miles

Started by Crabwalk, June 04, 2020, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rue the polywhirl

Crabwalk x15. Scorching opener and follow ups were strong.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

They're all incredible shots. Wonderfully creative, amazingly polished, plenty of lovely words. So it comes down to sheer aesthetics, and Crabwalk's first two shots are the most pleasing to my eye.

Lordofthefiles

Miles

...hasn't hit a duff shot in the whole tournament, a talented and humble swine.

That was a proper honest-to-goodness classic final.

Well done Crabwalk, some of the biggest laughs I've had this year have been from you.

greencalx

Emma Raducanu

crabwalk

Great final. Brilliant tournament, I've loved everybody's contribution.

Wonderful Butternut

Miles' last shot was the best shot in the game and it nearly swung my decision. But on overall quality, I think Crabwalk just shades it. Just.

pancreas

Absorb the anus burn

WhoMe

Brilliant match - think Crabwalk just edges it

selectivememory

That's it. Voting is closed and Wimblewrong 2020 is over. The final result:

Miles def Crabwalk (16-10)

Miles is the Wimblewrong champion for the third time! Congratulations! Very well deserved.

Well done to Crabwalk too for another great run in this tournament.

Thanks to everyone else who played or voted this year. I had a lot of fun playing, spectating, and telling everyone off for posting images in the wrong size.

chveik

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Well done Miles. Some next level wronging skills.

Thanks SM for organising, it's been a great tournament.

Old Thrashbarg

Ah shit, I missed my chance to vote[nb]very even overall, The Gurlfello was my favourite individual shot, so Crabwalk[/nb] on what's possibly the best match we've ever had.

Great tournament from everyone, especially Crabwalk and Miles. But especially selectivememory. I genuinely can't remember a stronger year.

Spoon of Ploff

Congratulations Miles,
Commiserations Crabs
Kudos to SM for doing an adequate bang up job organizing this rabble.

wasp_f15ting

This season of WM has been one of the best, well done guys!

Cerys

Agreed.  We must have more pandemics, if this is the result.

Johnny Yesno

Fuuuuck! I never did make my mind up and now voting's closed. Bah! Sorry chaps. Congratulations Miles.

Crabwalk

Congratulations Miles! A very well-deserved victory. Not only are you incredibly talented, you're also bloody relentless. Fatigue had clearly set in for me upon the third shot, so I'll be firing my trainer and nutritionist as part of an overhaul of my training regime.

The star of this tournament has undoubtedly been selectivememory. The dark days of Susan and the Nazi are thankfully behind us, as this event has been faultlessly run, and in good humour too. I'd say that organising this thing is a thankless task, but it's good to see you've been getting plenty of gratitude, to which I add mine.

As an aside, I joined in this year in the expectation that I'd not have much work on and would be able to juggle this with childcare and homeschooling. WRONG. About a week in I got pulled onto a big project for FUCKING WIMBLEDON ITSELF, leaving me not just overstretched time-wise, but with an organisational nightmare on my computer. I had to ensure that I didn't accidentally put the 'wrong' wimblefile in the wrong wimblefolder, resulting in the client receiving a jpeg of Nick Robinson with the Prime Minister's spunk all over his face. Luckily, such a disaster never befell me.

So, it's been hard work. It's been stressful. But it's been fun. I think the quality this year has been absolutely fantastic all round and I was pretty lucky to make the final. Glad you enjoyed some of my shots x

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Congrats to Miles! I had great fun taking part in this year's tourney and can't wait for next year's.

Small Man Big Horse

Yeah, congratulations Miles, you played some stunning shots throughout the tournament, the Dominic Cummings Prisoner one being especially amazing.

And huge thanks go to Selective Memory, you did an amazing job and deserve a huge amount of love and affection and all of that kind of thing.

selectivememory

Thanks everyone for your kind comments here and in other threads during the tournament.

Miles

Quote from: Crabwalk on June 19, 2020, 02:00:57 PM...About a week in I got pulled onto a big project for FUCKING WIMBLEDON ITSELF, leaving me not just overstretched time-wise, but with an organisational nightmare on my computer...

Could it be...?

This is wonderful, every match was thoroughly enjoyable, and it was such a treat to get to keep playing on to the last round.

Thanks to Crabwalk, a brilliant and too gracious opponent, all the voters who keep it lively,
and of course to selectivememory[nb]LONG LIVE SELECTIVEMEMORY AND HIS GLORIOUS NEW REGIME[/nb] who ruled with an iron fist inside a perfectly dimensioned velvet glove.

Of course, as we know, in the end the real winner in all this is BlodwynPig.

Cheers

Miles

Shoulders?-Stomach!

In future can we leave the voting open a bit longer for the final? This also passed me by.

Great work guys. Crabwalk has shot of the tournament but Miles worthy overall winner. Thanks to selectivememory for the organising and dimensions whip cracking.