Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:52:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

JK Rowling TERFing her legacy into the bin

Started by Dog Botherer, June 07, 2020, 01:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dothestrand

The usual way of figuring out whether your opinions are right is to say "do Spiked/Unherd/The Spectator agree with me?"

idunnosomename

they're all #Standing with someone again

Dr Rock

Sadly I can't see them as The Transers have rendered them invisible.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 07, 2020, 03:17:59 PM
they're all #Standing with someone again

Wish they would sit down for once. Must be getting stiff

idunnosomename

#Stand with the TERF of the week
Now face right
Think about sex-based rights,wonder why you haven't before

idunnosomename

guess who's given rosie duffield a platform and also a fancy glamour shoot to whine about being silenced when she's actually basically a tory transphobe who gets fucking loads of airtime ?

why yes its the fucking times

https://archive.md/H8Gjg
(paywall bypass)

Famous Mortimer

Mister Six

Is the dinosaur a reference to some Rowling/TERF thing, or is it just Chuck being whimsical?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteItem Weight   7.8 ounces

Get in, that's my favourite weight for a book

king_tubby

Quote from: Mister Six on October 15, 2020, 04:32:38 AM
Is the dinosaur a reference to some Rowling/TERF thing, or is it just Chuck being whimsical?

A lot of Chuck's stuff is about getting pounded in the ass by various dinosaurs.

Buelligan

None of whom are being exploited, I hasten to add.

Dex Sawash

You'll want to stay out of the dinosaur thread

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Mister Six on October 15, 2020, 04:32:38 AM
Tingle has managed to be on the right side of most current debates, while writing lots and lots of books about people being pounded by all manner of things. Mark Oshiro reading "Space Raptor Butt Invasion" is a good way to, er, ease yourself into his work.

Rizla

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 12, 2020, 11:42:37 AM
guess who's given rosie duffield a platform and also a fancy glamour shoot to whine about being silenced when she's actually basically a tory transphobe who gets fucking loads of airtime ?

why yes its the fucking times

(paywall bypass)

I think it is impossible to be reading this sort of article in the year 2020 without feeling we are in some sort of "bad" timeline.  It's just very very odd and weird. Like 2nd tier Twilight Zone episode weird.

JaDanketies

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 12, 2020, 11:42:37 AM
(paywall bypass)

There's something sick about people using their status as a victim of domestic violence and sexual assault to attempt to marginalise minorities. I'm a victim of DV and SA too, as are millions of other people - so many people it's almost mundane and uninteresting. Does this mean that I can say "kick out all the Muslims," tie it to my victim status, and then condemn anyone who criticises me for ignoring and mocking the pleas of DV and SA victims?

Mister Six

Quote from: king_tubby on October 15, 2020, 09:23:18 AM
A lot of Chuck's stuff is about getting pounded in the ass by various dinosaurs.

Oh yeah, I know, I just wondered why Harriet Porber or whoever is being seduced by a dinosaur and not something more obviously Potter-inspired like a dragon or a phoenix or something.

idunnosomename

The times still banging on on the pretend outrage over "womxn" is startling. Everyone knows that's an old rad fem trope extensively used in spoofs (like "male chauvinist pig") that is meant to remove "man" from "woman" so it isnt subordinate to it

I mean they know this, of course. Hmm pretending not to understand things. Good job if you can get it.

George Oscar Bluth II

I always wonder how some 60 something retired guy in Guildford reacts to The Times' obsession with trans people. Feel like if you're not Extremely Online and haven't been following it you'd be completely baffled by almost everything written on the subject.

idunnosomename

he won't even bother reading this, it's his wife they want to get upset about it and move from "i have no problem with anyone minding their own business" to "ADULT HUMAN FEMALE"

JaDanketies

My step-dad is being pulled into the anti-woke vortex. My mum is usually quiet and doesn't give her opinions often. But my step-dad is orbiting the Murdoch-approved centrist position as espoused by the mass media.

Cuellar

It's fine cos all these old duffers are going to be dead soon

Buelligan

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on October 15, 2020, 03:38:31 PM
I always wonder how some 60 something retired guy in Guildford reacts to The Times' obsession with trans people. Feel like if you're not Extremely Online and haven't been following it you'd be completely baffled by almost everything written on the subject.

One would imagine that the incidence of people unhappy with their birth gender is the same in every generation.  I really feel for all those 60 something retired people crushed by the demands of others to live out their lives unfulfilled. 

bgmnts

Quote from: Buelligan on October 15, 2020, 04:31:26 PM
One would imagine that the incidence of people unhappy with their birth gender is the same in every generation. 

http://www.transtorah.org/PDFs/On-Becoming-A-Woman.pdf

This was 700 years ago.

I'll be honest and say I have on numerous occasions, imagined or wondered what it would be like to have sex as a woman, fantasised even maybe. Whether they are just intrusive thoughts or not I do not know. And, as with Kalonymous, it's hard to say whether its a latent desire for gender metamorphism or homosexuality. Some posit the idea that Kolonymous was actually a repressed homosexual and his desire to be a woman was a manifestation of this.

George Oscar Bluth II

One would imagine that the incidence of people unhappy with their birth gender is the same in every generation.  I really feel for all those 60 something retired people crushed by the demands of others to live out their lives unfulfilled.

Yeah and thinking about people now who might feel this way, who see a world mostly getting better but who have loved ones or families radicalised by anti-trans shit. Grim. Rupert Murdoch never saw human progress he didn't want to stamp out.

Dr Rock

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on October 15, 2020, 03:38:31 PM

My mum's 82, and not online, but is fully supportive of trans people, and thinks those who victimize them are a bunch of horrible meanies.

Mister Six

"Not online" might be the key factor there.

Mmm, I should look up how the numbers of self-identified LGB people have increased in the past 50 years or so. Would be a useful counterpoint to the bullshit about kids identifying as trans because it's a fad rather than because it's now becoming more widely known and socially acceptable.

GoblinAhFuckScary

canadagoose

#IStandWithJKR? More like #ILieInAHospitalBedWithAVentilator. Bloody covidiots.