Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:32:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

JK Rowling TERFing her legacy into the bin

Started by Dog Botherer, June 07, 2020, 01:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

If I were filthy rich I'd end up spunking it all away paying for lawyers to help people being bullied by other billionaires.

idunnosomename

Richard Wagner reportedly "furious" from being compared to that fucking harry potter TERF

thr0b

This is the article they were threatened over.

https://archive.is/oUW1y#selection-463.6-463.42

She must've sent the full force of her money lawyers over that. Because that's about as close to fair comment as I can think.

Buelligan

Well the great thing is, The Market can resolve legal issues as justly as it does healthcare ones or problems of antisemitism, we truly live in marvelous times!  Thank God for Capitalism!

idunnosomename

Quote from: thr0b on July 24, 2020, 08:36:41 AM
This is the article they were threatened over.

https://archive.is/oUW1y#selection-463.6-463.42

She must've sent the full force of her money lawyers over that. Because that's about as close to fair comment as I can think.
lol wagner's fifth symphony

PlanktonSideburns

Love how their apology looks like

We certainly regret comparing her to VAGNER, HITLER, and A TURD THAT WALKS LIKE A WOMAN now that were being threatened with being sued. We certainly wouldn't ENCOURAGE  our readers to MAIL TURDS TO HER HOUSE or CANCEL HER EVEN HARDER

idunnosomename

Of none if us would be talking about this if she hadnt sent a cease and desist

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

idunnosomename

big karen keep on terfin'
harry potters keep on burnin'

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1287015013513920512

she's really filling the twitter vacuum left by are graham

JaDanketies

It might be that she makes even more impassioned trans rights advocates
Quote from: idunnosomename on July 26, 2020, 05:05:06 PM
big karen keep on terfin'
harry potters keep on burnin'

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1287015013513920512

she's really filling the twitter vacuum left by are graham

I do wonder what these scientists / healthcare professionals who make 'more oversight needed / more research would clarify things' comments would think if they knew that their call for further regulation and evidence was being used to bolster arguments to ban trans women from the ladies'.

idunnosomename

Hahaha she took the Ickabog text off her website with no warning and it's now being promoted as available in print soon

What a sneaky move

Zetetic

Network Rail (Scotland) removed an "I (heart) JKR" poster from Edinburgh Waverley on the basis that they don't allow advertising of a political nature, and that it constituted such a statement in the current climate.

So rainbow flags are now the symbol of trans activist paedophiles.

(I think it's fine to draw a distinction between expressing support for things that, as a society, we've decided are fundamental to our understanding of human rights, and "one-sided political advertising", but - as an aside - also think we could probably tolerate more political advertising that didn't directly conflict with such things.)

Buelligan

I'm not sure about the advertising Z, really I'm not.  I'm all for spreading the word on stuff, the more, the merrier but the advertising can gtf. 

I think a big part of the world's problems come from selling ideas without explanation.  It's like people are choosing and voting on the Eurovisions or some shit.  But there are consequences.  Why are we encouraging voting by dilettantes and mcboatfaces, actually promoting it, using advertising?  Who does that serve?  No way to run a fucking ballroom imo.

Paul Calf

Because it's cheaper to sway 'dilletantes and McBoatfaces' than it is people who actually think about what they're being asked to do for more than a couple of seconds.

Why bother with the toughest 20% when you can get the low-hanging fruit almost for free?

Buelligan

Obviously, which is why I think political advertising should not exist.

Is this worth a new thread, btw?

Paul Calf

Buelligan

Will you?  We could copypaste over from Z's post.   I really ought to shower and start to prepare myself for the next drubbing.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Zetetic on July 31, 2020, 05:12:24 AM
Network Rail (Scotland) removed an "I (heart) JKR" poster from Edinburgh Waverley on the basis that they don't allow advertising of a political nature, and that it constituted such a statement in the current climate.

They're probably worried about it being vandalised. There's still loads of stuff about Walter Scott who was a big old Tory and a huge inspiration to Jefferson Davis and the Confederacy (all the romantic myths about dying civilisations that were actually violent, brutal and deeply undemocratic). And Robert Louis Stevenson who probably fucked loads of little Polynesian girls.

QDRPHNC

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 03, 2020, 08:23:19 PM
Following someone doesn't necessarily mean you "back" them, in my opinion.

True but when you have a history of publicly unfollowing people you don't agree with you then you've set a precedent

I will add I don't think that JK agrees with them on this, it is however another example of hypocrisy from her. Can you imagine the furore if a prominent trans person followed someone with those views? there is already conspiracies that "TRAs" want to include paedophiles under the lgbt banner

king_tubby

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 03, 2020, 08:23:19 PM
Following someone doesn't necessarily mean you "back" them, in my opinion.

You reckon it's Pete Townsend style 'research'?

Barry Admin

It's worrying as she'll probably do more shit-faced blogging or tweeting where she links that back to trans people, somehow.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on August 03, 2020, 08:34:04 PM
True but when you have a history of publicly unfollowing people you don't agree with you then you've set a precedent

I will add I don't think that JK agrees with them on this, it is however another example of hypocrisy from her. Can you imagine the furore if a prominent trans person followed someone with those views? there is already conspiracies that "TRAs" want to include paedophiles under the lgbt banner

That's fair enough.

Dog Botherer

yeah can't be mad at people for follow policing her when she self follow polices herself religiously.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Dog Botherer on August 03, 2020, 08:44:46 PM
yeah can't be mad at people for follow policing her when she self follow polices herself religiously.

I agree with you to an extent. In a larger way, I wonder what this constant game of "Gotcha!" style debate accomplishes for anyone.

Cuellar

Quote from: Barry Admin on August 03, 2020, 08:38:01 PM
It's worrying as she'll probably do more shit-faced blogging or tweeting where she links that back to trans people, somehow.

Yeah probably this to be honest - it's Glinner's obsession with calling academics who teach Queer Theory 'groomers', and Queer Theory itself just being a cover for institutionalised noncing done by lefty academics.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Dog Botherer on August 03, 2020, 08:44:46 PM

The fuck is happening with these verbs?

idunnosomename

the funny thing (or not) is when you see anyone see anyone on twitter say something even dogwhistley terfy, you look at their TL and they are basically full time SEX IS REAL CERVIX TOILETS BASED RIGHTS, 24/7

so at least normal people dont seem to subscribe to it, that's all I mean