Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:21:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

JK Rowling TERFing her legacy into the bin

Started by Dog Botherer, June 07, 2020, 01:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on September 15, 2020, 02:09:39 PM
Side post which I can and probably will just erase, but this stuff affects me very personally (being trans) and I actually have a fundraiser going to help me get over some necessary hurdles. If I shared it would any of you lovely cabbers be comfortable with doing a share or even a donation. Sorry lame post xx

I'll happily help in any way I can.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Ok here goes (you get to see my awful face)! Yeah a signal boost is wonderfully helpful.

gofundme.com/f/help-jae-to-access-facial-feminisation-surgery

I'm really sorry if this comes across as taking up too much space or making this thread about myself in anyway. Already feel very indulgent. Thanks to you lovely people.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on September 15, 2020, 02:20:53 PM
Ok here goes (you get to see my awful face)! Yeah a signal boost is wonderfully helpful.

gofundme.com/f/help-jae-to-access-facial-feminisation-surgery

I'm really sorry if this comes across as taking up too much space or making this thread about myself in anyway. Already feel very indulgent. Thanks to you lovely people.
Lookin' good, GAFS. Good luck.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on September 15, 2020, 01:46:40 PM
I see her working behind a cake stand at a church raffle.

"no cakes for gay weddings"

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on September 15, 2020, 01:30:49 PM
Mashup via the good doctor Dr. Rob Zands MD PHD

https://twitter.com/DrRobertZands/status/1305813958029381637/photo/1

That's really good, he's managed to retain none of the features of the two input photos.

mr. logic

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on September 15, 2020, 02:09:39 PM
Side post which I can and probably will just erase, but this stuff affects me very personally (being trans) and I actually have a fundraiser going to help me get over some necessary hurdles. If I shared it would any of you lovely cabbers be comfortable with doing a share or even a donation. Sorry lame post xx

Definitely

petril

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 15, 2020, 12:26:23 PM
And he randomly starts turning up at major crime scenes.

and bellowing CEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLTIIIIIIIIIIIIC in the face of violent men, just daring them to have a crack

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on September 15, 2020, 02:56:32 PM
That's really good, he's managed to retain none of the features of the two input photos.
Actually I was thinking uncle Graham and auntie Joanne actually look bizarrely similar, same chin at least, aside from the fact that some naughty kid left their Graham doll on the radiator.

JaDanketies

that dress billionaire JK is wearing would be gaudy even for Kanye West

Famous Mortimer

Aww, I liked Coltrane, and assumed he'd be a bit better on this.

dissolute ocelot

The Guardian has managed to review the book without mentioning gender or Islam. If people say "Why does the Guardian make everything about gender/sex/religion", your evidence to the contrary.
https://amp.theguardian.com/books/2020/sep/15/troubled-blood-by-robert-galbraith-review-a-cosy-blast-from-the-past

mobias

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 15, 2020, 10:12:08 AM
Turns out Robbie Coltrane is a cunt too

Coltrane has always been a bit of cunt. He's not known as being a particularly pleasant person.

Quote from: JaDanketies on September 15, 2020, 04:19:35 PM
that dress billionaire JK is wearing would be gaudy even for Kanye West

That dress isn't gaudy at all, it's a nice, tasteful Art Deco inspired design suitable for a women of her age.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Better Midlands on September 15, 2020, 08:25:50 PM
That dress isn't gaudy at all, it's a nice, tasteful Art Deco inspired design suitable for a women of her age.

Nah, she looks like my Auntie when she won the the pools and went nuts.

mjwilson

Quote from: Mister Six on September 14, 2020, 11:56:03 PM
It all got put back in the 2000ish reprint though right?

I read the full version and would have been happy to see a couple of hundred pages taken out.
And a good ending added.

JaDanketies

bgmnts

I know right, i'm sat here with a face like a lumpy, hairy potato and chuckling.

Mister Six

Donated, although I'm a bit skint at the mo so can't give as much as I'd like. You look grand already but I'm sure you're gonna look fantastic. Best of luck!

H-O-W-L

Quote from: bgmnts on September 15, 2020, 09:34:48 PM
Stephen King doesn't write endings.

Bollocks to that. IT has a legitimately fantastic ending. Those last chapters are some of his most atmospheric. You know -- the gangbang excluded.

Spoiler alert
The chapter where Richie and Bill plough into the Other Verse to fight IT are fantastic.
[close]

bgmnts

Interesting how you love the ending where children have sex.

Very interesting.

Seriously though yeah he has done some good endings but we are talking about one of the most prolific authors of all time, and I've very rarely enjoyed an ending of his. The Dark Tower ending is absolutely rotten.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: bgmnts on September 15, 2020, 10:22:07 PM
Interesting how you love the ending where children have sex.

Very interesting.

Seriously though yeah he has done some good endings but we are talking about one of the most prolific authors of all time, and I've very rarely enjoyed an ending of his.
You know, I was gonna argue with you but even the books/stories of his I enjoy kinda... trail off? I like the bit in The Green Mile where Paul tells us about the day his wife Jan died horribly in a bus crash and how he cried out to John Coffey's ghost to save her, but the movie's stronger for leaving it out and cutting back to young Paul meeting Mr. Jingles again. The movie version of Dolores Claiborne has a great ending... featuring two characters that aren't in the book because the entire book is Dolores giving a monologue to the police. All we get is a postscript saying that she gave all the money to the orphans and her son Joe Junior (in the book she has Selena and two sons, Joe Junior and Little Pete) will be visiting her in the summer. The Body ends with "last time I went home to see my father I saw the violent bully who nearly caved my head in that summer I've been talking about. My friends are dead but he's alive. Huh."

Mister Six

The Institute also had a pretty solid ending, but it is a big of a coin toss with a King book whether you're going to get a satisfying close or not.

Famous Mortimer

Under The Dome is almost him taking the piss out of his inability to write a good ending, so bizarre and perfunctory is it.

The Bumlord

dissolute ocelot

Ugh, I happened to watch a few minutes of Piers Morgan discussing this shitstorm this morning (BBC Breakfast was running a series of stories about dead and dying children and their VERY ANGRY relatives so I turned over). He had an impartial panel, with noted anti-woke crusader Piers joined by world's worst human being George Galloway (who as a misogynist, anti-semite, pedophile-hugger, friend of tyrants, and fuckwit is opposed to cancel culture), some guy who didn't speak but was introduced as being critical of cancel culture, and a poor young man who thought JK Rowling was being a bit mean to trans people. The segment mostly consisted of Morgan shouting "You haven't read the book!" at the poor young man, who pointed out that nobody has read the book except a few critics. "YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK!" Because if you haven't read every not-yet-published 9000-page detective story she wrote, you've no right to criticise Rowling for anything.

idunnosomename

Benjamin Butterworth is an absolutely worthless hack and its no surprise they had him on as token woke young man

sevendaughters

I never heard of Butterworth but saw the clip and just thought it was a total set-up, here is this London liberal media wanker stereotype on a hiding to nothing, manufactured controversy #42 of the week. He should know better than to go into a TV debate without full command of the facts though.

BTW while this book sounds shit I don't think it is QED transhate and it's easy to nail JK Terflord for the actual things she's said.