Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:27:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kay Carroll

Started by xxxx xxx x xxx, June 07, 2020, 04:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

She'll be up there now, giving Tony Wilson an ear bashing.
Very sad news. RIP KC.

Egyptian Feast

Sad news. The period when she was managing the band is prime Fall for me. Slates contains a song about her ('An Older Lover') and her endearingly crappily recorded backing vocals on 'Slags, Slates etc', so I'll give that a whirl later.

Her tribute to MES (remainder on next tweet in thread) was lovely. I was really happy to hear that they made up in the end.

the science eel

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on June 07, 2020, 05:43:42 PM

Her tribute to MES (remainder on next tweet in thread) was lovely. I was really happy to hear that they made up in the end.

Yeah, that's a beautiful, heartfelt tribute. Good old Kay.

Only her and MES have left this planet from the ol' gang now, I think (I know a Fall member from 2000 or so died a couple of years ago).

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Kay Carroll was, indeed an " Older Lover" to MES back in the day, and reputedly one of the very few people who would stand up to him and tell him to stop messing about when needs be, but 71 is still too young to be leaving us.
I had a chance to see her performing live on stage at one of the " Grotesque" - era Fall's gigs, as a recording of that performance shows that " Fit And Working Again" was played as an encore , and I'm sure that's her on backing vocals ( well, it's not Marc Riley, and it's definitely not Brix) . Alas, I left the gig before the encore was played, as I was but a youngster, and my bedtime and a lift home was beckoning . ( 50% of) 28 years old, I was.

I, too shall play " Slags, Slates,etc." tonight, along with " Just Step S'ways" from that album with a picture of yer woman on the back, as she does a bit of backing harmonies on that, too.

Quite saddened by this news, really.

jobotic

RIP/

And thanks LJAMC - I haven't listened to Just Step S'ways for years. So fucking good!