Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:38:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Friend Fed Up With Lockdown, Gift Advice Around £10 To Cheer Them Up?

Started by Malcy, June 07, 2020, 07:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

I regret to inform the panel that Lee McDonald has raised his price to £15.  He's a Surrey locksmith now - maybe the lockdown and the resultant decrease in key use has forced this regrettable measure.  May God have mercy on all of our souls.

Ferris

Quote from: shiftwork2 on June 13, 2020, 06:49:37 PM
I regret to inform the panel that Lee McDonald has raised his price to £15.  He's a Surrey locksmith now - maybe the lockdown and the resultant decrease in key use has forced this regrettable measure.  May God have mercy on all of our souls.

You might as well push the boat out and get Steve McDonald for an extra 15 notes.

Bad news though, he "cannot mention character names/locations etc from the TV Programme that he is in!" so he's strictly doing this in his own capacity.

Malcy

Quote from: Janie Jones on June 13, 2020, 05:46:53 PM
Re the celeb shout-outs, this is slightly off-topic but heartwarming: My daughter's friend turned 30 on Thursday and is undergoing gruelling chemo for lymphoma, like our own Nowhere Man endured. My daughter's friend is a massive fan of 'Real Housewives of Orange County,' so his friends bought him a video message from 2 of the women who star in it. The friend who made the purchase mentioned the recipient's chemo in the 'about' info in the hope that the celebs would say something encouraging. Not only did these Real Housewives people waive the fee but they recorded absolutely charming, funny and sincere personalised videos for him, this despite the fact that one of them was clearly off her tits on some substance or other. Really sweet, honestly, it brought a tear to my eye, and the birthday boy was beyond thrilled with it. 'So, Dan, your birthday is on 11 June and ... oh my god, Dan. Oh my god! My best friend's name is Danni and her birthday is also in June! What the fuck! The universe is telling us something, here, lovely Danny boy, we have to listen...'

I also think I've maybe seen in a sitcom plot, or maybe an episode of Space Cunts, someone being absolutely bowled over to receive from their friend on their birthday a personalised shout-out from Kylie or Rhianna or someone, only to become bewildered as they watch it and are urged to make the most of their remaining weeks, then realising their friend lied about them being terminally ill in order to get the shout-out for nothing.

That's really nice. I think they're quite a good idea. You would pay the same price if not more to get a photo or an autograph with people at conventions and stuff but they make a nice surprise for people and I think that gives them added value.

Brian Blessed announced he was doing a limited amount and apparently the demand was huge. Every video will end with a loud as fuck "Gordon's Alive". £40.

Malcy

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 14, 2020, 12:31:51 PM
Salted Caramel Seagull Eggs.

Think we have a winner. Might get some for myself as well! They're not really fed up anymore but still going to do something.