Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,358
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:07:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

UK BLM Protests - Edward Colston sleeps with the fishes [split topic]

Started by Chollis, June 07, 2020, 03:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Bronzy on June 07, 2020, 06:39:59 PM
Having now done some research, my conclusion is:

Spoiler alert
willy willy poo bum
[close]

I'm glad you've finally seen sense.

Dewt

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on June 07, 2020, 06:47:07 PM
P.S. I really don't see what these chippy remarks are adding to the conversation. When everyone was piling on Dewt I left it be (despite having had a few runs in with him) because it's disruptive and adds precisely nothing to the conversation. All we end up with is about 6 of 7 conversations running parrellel, the most interesting of which I'm now no longer able to keep up with.
Fuck off, you

peanutbutter

Frances Weetman deciding to defend the statue there now. Along with Rowling outing herself last night it's been a solid 24 hours for the anti-Corbyn liberals. James O'Brien got anything to add?

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on June 07, 2020, 06:06:16 PM
You're really creepy and weird.

lol remember this thread Mr. Walkman

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on May 28, 2020, 01:51:35 AM
Lovely lumley Maitlis, the John Lewis of smart and sexy, 'age is just a number', news presenters.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on June 07, 2020, 06:47:07 PM
Jesus christ. Victim-blaming at its finest. This was literally after a week of him following me into everything thread calling me a cunt. He was going out of his way to be nasty, and in this self-same thread he can be found telling people to "fuck off" for no reason.

Lol that's fucking ace, hope you're not exaggerating, huge respect for bgmnts if it's true.

Thursday

Quote from: peanutbutter on June 07, 2020, 06:50:47 PM
Frances Weetman deciding to defend the statue there now. Along with Rowling outing herself last night it's been a solid 24 hours for the anti-Corbyn liberals. James O'Brien got anything to add?

Well Gary Lineker has said this, https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1269678726800867328 so disapproving of the statue, but not technically saying either way whether he condones tearing it down

Chollis

Quote from: Jumblegraws on June 07, 2020, 06:59:09 PM
Lol that's fucking ace, hope you're not exaggerating, huge respect for bgmnts if it's true.

laughed

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on June 07, 2020, 06:57:06 PM
lol remember this thread Mr. Walkman

It's strange that you'd find it offensive that I find a woman smart and attractive, but not, you know, all the stuff about the horse being in the way of gentleman trying to move his bike/ calling for museums and their contents to be burnt down. I think that says more about your moral compass than it does mine. You're a rational person after all, so you know you're being weird right now.

Bernice

jobotic

Who knows why they're protesting when this is a US problem anyway, right?

It's 2020 and there's a statue of a fucking slave trader who stole, bought and sold the lives of thousands of Africans in the middle of Bristol but yeah, it's a US problem.

You're a rational person, you know what you sound like.

Bronzy

Any blushes I had about my posts in this thread have been well and truly saved by Sony Walkman Prophecies.

Cheers mate.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Bronzy on June 07, 2020, 07:10:12 PM
Any blushes I had about my posts in this thread have been well and truly saved by Sony Walkman Prophecies.

Cheers mate.

Schoolboy error posting that when you should've just kept your head down.  Now all eyes are back on you again.

DANNY

(as in Baker)

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on June 07, 2020, 07:06:30 PM
It's strange that you'd find it offensive that I find a woman smart and attractive, but not, you know, all the stuff about the horse being in the way of gentleman trying to move his bike/ calling for museums and their contents to be burnt down. I think that says more about your moral compass than it does mine. You're a rational person after all, so you know you're being weird right now.

Multiple people in that thread reckoned you were objectifying women and being a right perv. You seem to act very defensively, no? Always accusing others of being offended, no? Just go ahead and start saying snowflake already, no?

Mister Six

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 07, 2020, 01:29:19 PM
I know someone who maintains a firearms license solely because he flashes up on the rozzer's database and they immediately send a car if he is burgled in case his guns were nicked. He hasn't owned a firearm in probably 20 years at this point (if he's still alive, this was a long time ago) but the one time he reported a burglary the police showed up right away.

So there you go.

Which state is this? Thinking I might follow suit if I end up getting US citizenship.

Bronzy

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on June 07, 2020, 07:12:41 PM
Schoolboy error posting that when you should've just kept your head down.  Now all eyes are back on you again.

DANNY

(as in Baker)

Appropriate image

Puce Moment

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on June 07, 2020, 07:06:30 PMsome badly conceived bullshit... moral compass ... calls someone weird

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on May 18, 2020, 10:03:46 PM
Yes, he finally got his wife out - alas, at the late stage where no rational man would find her desirable, though maybe that's the point.

pigamus

Trying to think of a significant difference between Emily Maitlis (49) and Konnie Huq (44)

Racking my brains

Nope, can't think of one

Butchers Blind

Maybe we could start a thread called 'Handbags' where members can air their bitching at other members without clogging up threads with their petty differences.

Crisps?

Quote from: Thursday on June 07, 2020, 07:00:01 PM
Well Gary Lineker has said this, https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1269678726800867328 so disapproving of the statue, but not technically saying either way whether he condones tearing it down

I initially watched this with no sound and thought it was auto subbed. It's like bad Markov text generator.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 07, 2020, 07:27:59 PM
Maybe we could start a thread called 'Handbags' where members can air their bitching at other members without clogging up threads with their petty differences.

I've honestly never seen that work. People just bitch at each other even more.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Maybe the forum admin can do something about pile-ons/people doing nothing else but swearing at other members of the board. Some people literally sign up here and do nothing else but tell other posters to "fuck off". This is really basic stuff. It really wouldn't take much more than a polite notice.

pigamus

What's the air like on Mount Olympus

Why is Lineker offering his opinions on things anyway, and who's listening?

He's a crisp salesman and ex-footballer most famous for shitting himself on the pitch. He seems alright as it goes, but I wouldn't turn to him for analysis of the world situation.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 07, 2020, 06:10:10 PM
Interesting. Let's go back and check your remarks, shall we?

With zero evidence that anybody on here has actually taken part in any violence at any protests, you call for them to be thrown into "a huge compound". For... talking shit on a comedy forum. OMG THE THOUGHTCRIME

Yeah. A thug is someone who hits people for no reason. If people are going around hitting people - whether they're a leftist CABer or copper in a uniform, they probably should be put in a compound which civilisation has deemed fit to name to a prison. Controversial.

I can imagine you were only more slightly more serious when you said in the thread about dark fantasies that you had a one about justifiably beating someone up. If you want me to dig out the exact quote let me know. I'm pretty sure it was around March/Feb.

It's winding you right the fuck up for a start

Yeah, you're a troll account. I get that. The avatar alone makes it obvious. I was just trying to give you an out where you could be an actual person for a second, nevermind.

QuoteDid the mean minorities bully you SWP? It's okay, you can tell us. We're your friends.

Really weird comment. 1. You know literally nothing about me. 2. The mock 'speaking on behalf of the board tone' is lame and cowardly - be a man and speak for yourself. 3. I get that you were bullied and looking for a way to get back at the people who clobbered you, but you're way off base. I've seen people go down the same path you are. Resentment seethes from every one of your posts. You will fuck up your life going down this path, trust me. I've seen people radicalise themselves into all sorts of evil bollocks (Tommy Robison crap as well as far-left nonsense) who sound exactly like you, you will completely fuck up your life, I guarantee you.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on June 07, 2020, 07:32:24 PM
Maybe the forum admin can do something about pile-ons/people doing nothing else but swearing at other members of the board. Some people literally sign up here and do nothing else but tell other posters to "fuck off". This is really basic stuff. It really wouldn't take much more than a polite notice.

Maybe you could stop saying shit that's utterly stupid and then acting like smug wanker when people call you on it? Let's face it, you're getting as big a chubby from it as anyone who's 'piling on' you. At least other people are more honest about it.

Butchers Blind