Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:52:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Vaccine Progress

Started by Sheffield Wednesday, June 07, 2020, 08:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

the cambridge vaccine would just be a bunch of cunts fannying about for years and coming up with fuck all.

they can also go to hell

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Billy on November 24, 2020, 01:25:15 AM
If all the airlines suddenly say you can only fly if you've had The Vaccine, will planes in December be filled with just pensioners?

Loads of 80 year olds having it large in Tenerife this Chrimbo.
Airlines hate pensioners, they're more likely to need assistance on/off the plane, more likely to die or take ill, they buy less crap from the in-flight magazine and bring their own sandwiches. Besides they only go to stupid destinations like the Rhineland and Aldeburgh.

Do not worry, young men, old George will not be boffing your Lanzarote lovelies this Xmas!

Head Gardener

Cuellar

Pranet

I had a feeling in my bones that things were looking too good to be true.

Obviously the UK was always going to be stuck with the shit vaccine.

Zetetic

At the same time, we have to assume that Pfizer etc are funding briefing against its utility, regardless of the facts.

idunnosomename

Told you. Posh cunts cant do anything right

Cuellar

That being said, if the 90% success figure came from a group that didn't include anyone over 55 - let all the young folk take this one, save the better ones for the decrepits

Sebastian Cobb

I assumed there'd be a fair bit of fronting from the British government on this as it might come in handy during Brexit trade deals.

Cuellar

Shame it's proven to be completely bloody useless!!

gib

i want a working class vaccine, not this oxbridge luvvies shit

MojoJojo

The lower classes have the same option they always have during epidemics - die.

George Oscar Bluth II

Yeah the Oxford stuff is half fair and half American pharma companies trying to trash it surely. I mean, the miracle Pfizer vaccine involved a trial where they weren't testing anyone unless they presented with symptoms, Oxford trial is testing everyone and finds more people who have it mildly, shock.

Looks to me like the "90% efficacy when we accidentally gave people a half dose first" thing is pretty fishy though.

Regardless, 60% efficacy[nb]I was told this week that the TB jab that those of us of a certain age had at school and gave us all a permanent scar has 70% efficacy[/nb] with zero hospitalisations or "serious" cases is better than expected and more than we need. Roll the fucker out.

JamesTC

Went for the flu vaccine this morning. Due to my tender young age I needed to pay for the bloody thing although it was cheaper than I thought it was.

On the way there an old guy on a huge scooter shot past me at full speed and told me to "get out the fucking way". Me getting this vaccine made him slightly less likely to get the flu and die. Cunt.

bgmnts

Hospitals preparing for vaccine rollout for early December.

All back to normal next week. Well, an exhausted population and a fucked economy but normal.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on November 27, 2020, 06:53:32 PM
Hospitals preparing for vaccine rollout for early December.

All back to normal next week. Well, an exhausted population and a fucked economy but normal.

delirious

MrMrs

probably right but can you say why?

shiftwork2

There's been a huge push to get the stragglers flu-jabbed this week in my Trust.  Apparently there has to be 7 days between the flu vaccine and any of the corona vaccines.  The 7 days thing has been emphasised.  Very interesting.

Zetetic

Is that just because they expect any side effects of the flu vaccine to out themselves within 7 days?

shiftwork2

To be honest I have no idea, just relating the comms.  Sounds plausible though.

olliebean

Quote from: MrMrs on November 27, 2020, 08:43:39 PM
probably right but can you say why?

What are the chances that the government won't manage to fuck up the vaccine roll-out like they've fucked up literally everything else they've so much as glanced at?

Zetetic

Hopefully, even in England, they'll let the NHS and public health handle it.

idunnosomename

vaccines for some, miniature union jacks for others

Theremin

Hang on, are they actually attempting to roll out a Corona vaccine in the UK in December?

When I heard a UK vaccine was in development, I assumed it would be as colossal of a fuck up as everything else and we wouldn't see it for at least 18 months.

Theremin

There's gotta be a mistake right, like it doesn't work or all the syringes come filled with dogshit or something.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Theremin on November 28, 2020, 08:23:51 AM
There's gotta be a mistake right, like it doesn't work or all the syringes come filled with dogshit or something.

There has to be some dogshit for it to achieve effaecacy.

Cuellar

It's the Pfizer one they're 'planning' on rolling out in December isn't it? Not the UK (AstraZeneca) one.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Dose the auld cunts up cumon geddit done rancid pharma slime up the jaffer luvvlee jubbleeee