Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vaccine Progress

Started by Sheffield Wednesday, June 07, 2020, 08:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Don't worry we've got a multimillionaire expenses fiddling slum landlord on the case.

JamesTC

Good news. My mum has had it already but I'm still hoping she gets the vaccine in the next few weeks as she is a nurse.

The UK has enough of the Pfizer vaccine on order for 20m people (getting delivered through the new year) so we are still reliant on other vaccines being authorised. The UK really put their eggs in the Oxford basket.

Cuellar

QuotePirmohamed says there were about 40,000 people in the trials. Half got the vaccine, and half got the vaccine.

Cheers Guardian.

jobotic

First question in parliament today

QuoteChris Green (Con) asks for an assurance that vaccination will be voluntary.

Johnson agrees. Making it mandatory is "not how we do things in this country", he says

Psychopaths.

George Oscar Bluth II

Looking forward to the summer when every boomer cunt has the vaccine and the rest of us don't

ASFTSN

How many people you know have already said they won't take it. Two for me.

Schmo Diddley

Also two for me. Sounds like they've fallen deep into some You Tube anti-vaxxing rabbit holes.

jobotic

QuoteEmma Lewell-Buck (Lab) says next week will mark the first anniversary of Johnson's election victory. Since then there have been more than 70,000 Covid deaths and debt has reached £2 trillion. What is he proud of?

Johnson says he would take this more seriously if Lewell-Buck had voted last night.

She points out that she did vote; she was one of the Labour rebels who voted against the restrictions.

Johnson says he is making a point about the Labour party.

JamesTC

Quote from: ASFTSN on December 02, 2020, 12:25:11 PM
How many people you know have already said they won't take it. Two for me.

Around five or six. The same cunts who complain about lockdown.

George Oscar Bluth II

"We can't have any more lockdowns!"

"Ok, here's a vaccine that means we don't need them anymore"

"No, I meant I wanted the virus to rip through the population, utterly overwhelm the NHS and kill many thousands more"

frajer

"What do we want?"
"An end to lockdown, no masks, no vaccine, but somehow everything magically back to normal!"
"When do we want it?"
"Nowwwwww."

Twerps.

Chedney Honks

I hope they starting putting mustard gas in the water supply

Cuntbeaks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the vaccine only lessen the effects of the virus if you catch it? It won't actually stop you from getting it or passing it on to other people, asymptomatic or otherwise?

Chedney Honks

I don't think that's been verified, in fact.

bgmnts

Don't think I'll be getting the vaccine to be honest.

scarecrow

I just don't fancy it, really.

Ferris

I'm a bit hesitant about it as well because it all seems a bit rushed. Luckily for me, I'm right at the back of the queue so everyone else (rich people and boomers jostling their way to the front) will have done their duty as guinea pigs before I get a go. I also trust Health Canada a lot more than the UK/US equivalent and if they reckon it's fine then on we go.

Uncle TechTip

What about if they said you can't go to the football match, the concert or the cinema without a vaccine?

Cuellar

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on December 02, 2020, 01:42:05 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the vaccine only lessen the effects of the virus if you catch it? It won't actually stop you from getting it or passing it on to other people, asymptomatic or otherwise?

I was confused about this when the Oxford vaccine presented their 60-90% efficacy results. They boasted that no one who had the vaccine needed hospitalizing, which is an interesting way to phrase it. And some bod in or around the whole thing said it was much harder to protect against mild cases (but even in mild cases people have still suffered long term brain fucking/organ fucking haven't they?). So it suggested that yes, you might still get it but you won't need venting. Good for the NHS and hospitals etc., I suppose, but NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

But there was also something in the Guardian that said it prevented people from 'getting ill'. And what does that mean, specifically? They didn't get the virus? Or they did get it, but didn't 'get ill' i.e. coughing up a lung and burning from the inside out?

Maybe the Pfizer one that they're going to start with and waste on all the decrepit pensioners for whom it might grant 2 months more of a degrading existence is better. Typical that we're stuck with a shit tier vaccine that the Government will claim is world beating and that Britain is BACK

Ferris

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on December 02, 2020, 02:56:23 PM
What about if they said you can't go to the football match, the concert or the cinema without a vaccine?

Then I'd grab my armalite rifle, a yellow tshirt with a snake on it, and storm the statehouse with some other lonely men I met on Facebook to scream at disinterested bureaucrats about my liberty to be rolled into a mass plague pit

I'd probably just get it then. I'm not that worried about it honestly. Stick it right in there, doc.

Fambo Number Mive

It's concerning how UK politicians like Rees-Mogg and Hancock are using vaccines as a political football for Brexit. Feels like some Tories would happily go to war with the rest of Europe even if it meant no one in the UK got any vaccines from within the Eurozone.

Blue Jam

Biochemical Society Webinar on the sociology of the antivaxx movement and FAKE NEWS at 5pm today if anyone is like me and fancies an hour of nerdy entertainment:

https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/743054766735944461

Cuntbeaks

Given how fucking woeful the government is and how badly they've shit-fisted every aspect of lockdown so far, I'm very wary about believing anything they say.

I'll be happy to take the vaccine, despite never getting one for the flu and not having the flu for about 20yrs. But I'm positioning myself at the the end of the queue to he honest. Let's see if the early adopters develop any horrific side effects first of all shall we.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Labour complains about size of national debt to seem 'sensible' on the economy but this just causes a great big target on their backs when it comes to spending plans. Thick as fuck.

George Oscar Bluth II

Have to emphasise a few things:

1. This hasn't been rushed. Most of the base part of these vaccines has been in the works for years, a lot of these companies were working on a vaccine for an unknown disease entirely for this scenario. The testing process hasn't been rushed either, just run concurrently. If there were any terrible side effects we'd have found them by now.

2. The MHRA is a serious organisation and doesn't do stuff just cos Lol Boris tells them to. They're the first to approve this one but I'd imagine the EMA, the US regulators, Canada etc will be coming down the pipe soon too.

3. This isn't the GLORIOUS BRITISH VACCINE, it's not been approved for national pride reasons or whatever. I'd have been more skeptical if they'd approved Oxford/AstraZeneca first and I'll probably be skeptical until a country that hasn't bet the house on that vaccine approves it.

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on December 02, 2020, 02:56:23 PM

I literally can't imagine this being a thing at all. Unenforceable and deeply unfair to people who can't have the vaccine. Vaccine passports will probably be a thing for international travel to some places[nb]As they already are in some places for yellow fever[/nb] but that'll be it.

Chedney Honks

Gotta be honest, I'd love it if the vaccine started making people young again and everyone who took it became twenty again and started fucking like apes

George Oscar Bluth II

Heard that a side effect of the vaccine is that you are hot again and everything is like it was when you were young

imitationleather

Gotta be honest, I really prefer being 34 compared to 20 so I'll have to give this vaccine a pass.

A shame because I was actually completely fine with taking it until I heard about this age reversal stuff.