Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:35:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Vaccine Progress

Started by Sheffield Wednesday, June 07, 2020, 08:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

I preferred being 20 but I'm 47 now so can I have two doses?

No one on here will be getting it for months will they, being the demographic we are?

Fambo Number Mive

Personally I want it as soon as I can get it. I know a lot of people on here prefer lockdown but I want to be able to travel within the UK, go to a pub, go to a restaurant, see friends indoors etc.

Tired of the same old walks.

BlodwynPig

I'm not taking it.

Why?

Who will run the country when only the covidiots who haven't taken the deadly vaccine are left.

George Oscar Bluth II

Would be quite funny if David Icke was actually right tho wouldn't it

BlodwynPig

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on December 02, 2020, 07:21:20 PM
Would be quite funny if David Icke was actually right tho wouldn't it

happy for people to be booted out of the comfort zone. Collective happiness is a disease.

Chedney Honks

Be so fuckin good if it made you radioactive and then everyone who didn't have it got radioed to death ☢️☢️☢️

imitationleather

Like the time I caught a dose off Marie Curie.

JamesTC

They've dropped all the vaccines and they have to start again as nobody can remember the recipe.

Blue Jam

Quote from: jobotic on December 02, 2020, 06:52:30 PM
No one on here will be getting it for months will they, being the demographic we are?

Bald?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteMeanwhile, Labour's leader Sir Keir Starmer said the vaccine roll-out would require the "best of Britain" 

Dreck
A grovelling hanger-on baying for the coke bottles of piss to rain from the festival sky.

JamesTC

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 02, 2020, 09:06:11 PM
Bald?

I wonder if bald people have better Covid outcomes due to more Vitamin D intake from exposure to the sun on the head.

flotemysost

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 02, 2020, 06:57:38 PM
Personally I want it as soon as I can get it. I know a lot of people on here prefer lockdown but I want to be able to travel within the UK, go to a pub, go to a restaurant, see friends indoors etc.

Tired of the same old walks.

Same. And I want all the venues, small businesses, industries, people whose finances, living situations and mental health etc. have been royally fucked by this year to be able to start clawing their way back in the foreseeable future.

I'll likely be the back of queue, so I'm not expecting to be out on the razz any time soon, but personally/selfishly this feels like such a ray of hope, the prospect of countless more years of this shit was making me feel very miserable indeed.

The only thing that I feel wary of (not in the sense that I wouldn't get the vaccine - I absolutely fucking will, if I can) is that as far as I can tell, we don't yet know how long it provides immunity for, or whether further booster doses are needed. Slightly terrified this government would wash their hands of it after the initial fanfare and start making people pay for it, or something.

I'm also now (irrationally) getting impatient that I haven't been called up for the Novavax trials. Come on lads, I'll have had the Pfizer one by the time I hear from them at this rate.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on December 02, 2020, 06:10:15 PM
approves it.

I literally can't imagine this being a thing at all. Unenforceable and deeply unfair to people who can't have the vaccine. Vaccine passports will probably be a thing for international travel to some places[nb]As they already are in some places for yellow fever[/nb] but that'll be it.

It'll only be until we reach herd immunity by virtue of vaccination, maybe a couple of years.

How else do you convince people to have it? It will just circulate for years if we bring back events but a proportion aren't vaccinated.

Billy

I'm going to falsify my birth certificate to say I was born in 1928 or something so I can be first in line.

Course I'll also show up to the clinic with talcum powdered 'grey' hair, an old suit and walking stick, wagging my finger saying "I remember the war, you know" and "Charlie Chaplin made us laugh" to keep the ruse going.

Chedney Honks

Anti vaxxers are just scared of needles pass it on

Dr Rock

Quote from: jobotic on December 02, 2020, 06:52:30 PM

Quoteeveryone older than 50 will be vaccinated by the end of phase one.

That's me sorted. Except when is the end of phase one?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Billy on December 02, 2020, 11:26:49 PM
I'm going to falsify my birth certificate to say I was born in 1928 or something so I can be first in line.

Course I'll also show up to the clinic with talcum powdered 'grey' hair, an old suit and walking stick

Fambo Number Mive

Question Van-Tam

QuoteYou can put your questions directly to Jonathan Van-Tam, England's deputy chief medical officer, who is taking your calls in a BBC Radio 5 live and BBC News Channel special from 0900 GMT [on the 3rd December].

The text number is 85058, or use the hashtag #BBCYourQuestions on Twitter

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteMum-of-three Jennifer, from St Albans, asks whether Father Christmas will be front of the queue to get the vaccine.

"Oh, absolutely," Prof Van-Tam replies.

"The JCVI (Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation) made a very special case for Father Christmas and he is absolutely going to be the top of our list."

*vomits*

Surely we will still need to keep social distancing and masks in indoor places until most people have had the vaccine? Even once groups 1-10 have been vaccinated people under 50 with no underlying health conditions could still spread it to each other.

Cuellar

Well he's old as fuck and a physical wreck, of course he's top of the list.

Fambo Number Mive

Doesn't Father Christmas live in Lapland? Why would he be getting the vaccine in the UK? Are we meant to vaccine all his elves as well?

JamesTC

I for one am glad that Tim Allen will be top of the queue.

SteveDave

So once all right thinking people have the vaccine, we can go about our business and the anti-vaxxers will die of Covid? Yes? Good.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 03, 2020, 09:57:39 AM
*vomits*

Surely we will still need to keep social distancing and masks in indoor places until most people have had the vaccine? Even once groups 1-10 have been vaccinated people under 50 with no underlying health conditions could still spread it to each other.

Yes, but I think most people under 50 with no underlying health conditions are fine with that.

robhug

Gavin Williamson said the UK's status as the first country to approve a vaccine is due to its superior experts.

"I just reckon we've got the very best people in this country and we've obviously got the best medical regulator, much better than the French have, much better than the Belgians have, much better than the Americans have"

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: SteveDave on December 03, 2020, 11:58:06 AM
So once all right thinking people have the vaccine, we can go about our business and the anti-vaxxers will die of Covid? Yes? Good.
The anti-vaxxers will be protected by herd immunity - unwittingly - and claim it as proof that vaccines are unnecessary and/or part of some evil conspiracy.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: robhug on December 03, 2020, 12:33:56 PM
Gavin Williamson said the UK's status as the first country to approve a vaccine is due to its superior experts.

"I just reckon we've got the very best people in this country and we've obviously got the best medical regulator, much better than the French have, much better than the Belgians have, much better than the Americans have"

Another attempt to annoy the EU so as to help avoid a deal and please their base? And of course the usual xenophobic playing to the tabloids and the base that reminds me of Portillo in the 1990s.

If Britain is a "better country" why are living conditions and public services so much worse than most EU countries? I think a "good country" is one where everyone has as comfortable a life as possible with as low inequality as possible. Who wouldn't rather live in Berlin, Nice or Madrid than London, Manchester or Birmingham?

robhug

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on December 03, 2020, 12:42:59 PM
Another attempt to annoy the EU so as to help avoid a deal and please their base? And of course the usual xenophobic playing to the tabloids and the base that reminds me of Portillo in the 1990s.

If Britain is a "better country" why are living conditions and public services so much worse than most EU countries? I think a "good country" is one where everyone has as comfortable a life as possible with as low inequality as possible. Who wouldn't rather live in Berlin, Nice or Madrid than London, Manchester or Birmingham?

On the back of Hancock's bollocks yesterday about the UK only being able to get it authorised due to Brexit (We're still following EU rules until the end of the year, so clearly you could have authorised it regardless).

Ive already heard 2 people today spouting this lie as confirmation that brexit was the right thing to do.

Dr Rock

Speaking of anti-vaxxers, haven't they been around 15 or more years now? Haven't they done studies that show there is no higher incidence of autism or whatever in vaccinated children than their little grotbags?