Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:37:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vaccine Progress

Started by Sheffield Wednesday, June 07, 2020, 08:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MojoJojo

Quote from: JamesTC on March 16, 2021, 12:41:32 PM
Just read that the contraceptive pill has a higher blood clot rate than AstraZeneca.

Is that compared to taking one pill? Or taking them for a year? Or a lifetime?

All these claims are weird as they don't specify a time period. There's something a bit hysterical about how some reporting is trying to downplay the risk.

Cuellar

In light of all this, I intend to still get the AstraZeneca shot but only a bit

Vitalstatistix

Quote from: MojoJojo on March 15, 2021, 10:18:29 PM
Most likely explantation is just that other countries are just a lot less trusting of the vaccines, and their health authorities feel it necessary to be excessively cautious to avoid a backlash.

Yeah you're probably right. I just worry that longer term this will further entrench existing hesitancy and anti-vax viewpoints, thus extending the pandemic across Europe for years to come. I hope I'm wrong.

Chedney Honks

You're more likely to get THE BENDS when deep-sea diving than from the AstraZeneca vaccine.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Chedney Honks on March 16, 2021, 06:04:28 PM
You're more likely to get THE BENDS when deep-sea diving than from the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Cheers for that, just as I'm coming to the end of my oxygen supply down here. Thank you very much you bastard.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Cuellar on March 16, 2021, 03:24:20 PM
In light of all this, I intend to still get the AstraZeneca shot but only a bit

Yeah I'll just sip at it till it cools down mate. It's fine.

scarecrow

When you get injected with the Pfizer vaccine, can you feel how cold it is in your arm?

jobotic

Oh what? Late forties cunts were up next but it turns out they've run out.

olliebean

Quote from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56435549Government sources are suggesting the amount produced by AstraZeneca is below the expected yields. The firm has yet to comment publicly, but behind the scenes it has suggested this is not the case.

Right, well that'll be the Government lying again, then, which presumably means the shortage is their fault somehow. My money's on them having failed to allow for the effect of Brexit on making adequate and timely arrangements to get enough shipped in from the EU.

As I understand it the delay is due to a problem with the 10 million doses of AZ due from India. We've got 5m but the other 5m might be delayed until the end of April. So as long as that lot turns up in April it just means a load of less vulnerable people will be vaxed in May instead of April as planned. Shouldn't change the roadmap.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: poo on March 14, 2021, 09:56:06 PM

The UK has given over 10 million doses of both the Oxford and Pfizer vaccine.

Number of blood clot related events:

Oxford = 13

Pfizer = 15

These numbers are no higher than what is seen in the general population (no increased risk).

"I took a paracetamol and my house got burgled a week later. Not taking that again"

Uncle TechTip

As always, doing the right thing turned out to be the weakest play. Should have pretended i worked in social care or hung around the vaccination centre at closing time.

SteveDave

Get in the queue lads- Vaccines at the Science Museum in London

https://sciencemuseum.nhsbookings.com/

EDIT- Not sure if our booking will be legit as there's some thing saying "Only go to this if you've been asked" but the person who sent me the link said they've got "loads left over" so who knows. It'll be a day out.

olliebean

Quote from: Emotional Support Peacock on March 18, 2021, 11:55:29 AM
As I understand it the delay is due to a problem with the 10 million doses of AZ due from India. We've got 5m but the other 5m might be delayed until the end of April. So as long as that lot turns up in April it just means a load of less vulnerable people will be vaxed in May instead of April as planned. Shouldn't change the roadmap.

Won't that push everything back by a month, though? Or are they just going to open everything up as originally planned despite a months-worth fewer people having been vaccinated by those dates?

idunnosomename

if the oxford vaccine will cause a fatal blood clot in my head then i take it all back, inject it into my veins baby

Pinball

Shows why we need local manufacturing.

Cuellar

Quote from: that Guardian they have nowHalf of adults in England likely to have had Covid jab

Half of adults in England are likely to have had their first dose of Covid-19 vaccine, new figures from NHS England indicate.

'Likely'? Don't they know?

jobotic

They might have had it, they might have not had it.

It ain't your concern, friend.

Chedney Honks

873k dosed up with Lil' Clotta yesterday.

That is fucking unbelievable.

Fantastic work.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Chedney Honks on March 21, 2021, 03:48:46 PM
873k dosed up with Lil' Clotta yesterday.

That is fucking unbelievable.

Fantastic work.

Well done Boris!

Chedney Honks

Hopefully we can just start to focus on the positives now and see Covid for what it was, a tremendous collective effort overall.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Chedney Honks on March 21, 2021, 04:14:01 PM
Hopefully we can just start to focus on the positives now and see Covid for what it was, a tremendous collective effort overall.

Praise to the Hancock

Chedney Honks

They should make a gold statue of the guy with Gatling guns on automated turrets to protect it from antifa.

poo

c.95% of the world's population remain unprotected by vaccines. This is the statistic that really matters.

Twit 2

Nah, let's talk real data. Bar chart of pring load...bar charts of all the cums, hard bum stats. Totals of all Covid wanks, tally of the overspilling grunt buckets on the wards. Pledge drive counter going haywire after assessing horny consultants. Side-on clipboards up the arse.

Cuellar

Quote from: poo on March 21, 2021, 09:27:45 PM
c.95% of the world's population remain unprotected by vaccines.

Yeah, including me. It's an absolute fucking disgrace.

Pinball

Given the many trillions Covid has cost the world, you'd think governments would have given this more priority. A few billion is a joke in that context. They didn't take it seriously enough and acted too late. Even now the UK hasn't closed its borders enough, amongst many other issues. Half-assed fools.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pinball on March 22, 2021, 09:59:55 PM
Given the many trillions Covid has cost the world, you'd think governments would have given this more priority. A few billion is a joke in that context. They didn't take it seriously enough and acted too late. Even now the UK hasn't closed its borders enough, amongst many other issues. Half-assed fools.

where is that money now, I wonder?