Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:27:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vaccine Progress

Started by Sheffield Wednesday, June 07, 2020, 08:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

In the usual company bank accounts, I would imagine. Plus some new startups. I suppose a small minority of the money will have gone where it's needed.

gilbertharding

The batch of vaccine I had on Sunday was made in Liverpool, apparently. *shrugs*

None of this is the UKs fault. It's between the EU and AZ.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gilbertharding on March 25, 2021, 10:16:39 AM
The batch of vaccine I had on Sunday was made in Liverpool, apparently. *shrugs*

None of this is the UKs fault. It's between the EU and AZ.

RUUUUULLEEE BRRRRRIIIITTTTANNNNIIIIAAA

gilbertharding

Well, no. It's pure, dumb luck, obviously.

Our politicians are cunts, but they're not exceptional.

But two weeks ago they were all saying the AZ vaccine was shit, and they'd only be giving it to people who were older than 55 but younger than 60, because it doesn't work and gives you blood clots.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gilbertharding on March 25, 2021, 10:46:03 AM
Well, no. It's pure, dumb luck, obviously.

Our politicians are cunts, but they're not exceptional.

But two weeks ago they were all saying the AZ vaccine was shit, and they'd only be giving it to people who were older than 55 but younger than 60, because it doesn't work and gives you blood clots.

Exercising caution

JamesTC

Which one was it that turns you gay? I want to give that a go.

EDIT: I think it might be Johnson and Johnson.

gilbertharding

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/25/jean-claude-juncker-criticises-eu-over-covid-vaccine-spat-with-uk

QuoteThe EU has been overly cautious and budget conscious over Covid vaccines and should step back from waging a "stupid vaccine war" with Britain, the former European commission president Jean-Claude Juncker has said.

Juncker, who was replaced by Ursula von der Leyen in 2019, compared the EU's approach to vaccination unfavourably with that of Britain where the rollout has been speedier.

He also said he was "not a fan" of the commission's export authorisation mechanism under which officials have been empowered to prohibit shipments.

BlodwynPig

Britain once again will rule the waves

gilbertharding

Ah yes, the famous Anglo-Saxon cheerleader and Union Jack enthusiast Jean-Claude Junckers. Of course.

Cuellar

I bloody hate the EU isn't it

BlodwynPig

Quote from: gilbertharding on March 25, 2021, 07:55:01 PM
Ah yes, the famous Anglo-Saxon cheerleader and Union Jack enthusiast Jean-Claude Junckers. Of course.

Wasn't commenting about Ros Beef Juncker.

Bernice

The dick waving between Europe and the UK on this is utterly depressing. The zoomers will all grow up anarchists, just watch.

falafel

Zetetic

Seems to be a bunch of early evidence that the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine (at least) is considerably less effective against preventing infection and deterioration from B.1.351 (SAViD).

Zetetic

In lighter news, it might also be that mice can now catch it.

"This abrogation of the species barrier raises the possibility of wild rodent secondary reservoir."

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Zetetic on March 30, 2021, 02:43:55 PM
Seems to be a bunch of early evidence that the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine (at least) is considerably less effective against preventing infection and deterioration from B.1.351 (SAViD).

I've been feeling a bit more positive about the COVID situation the past few days but this news is somewhat bleak. Reminds me of the Sopranos.

jobotic

So have I but it just never fucking ends does it?

Fambo Number Mive

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on March 30, 2021, 04:26:04 PM
In lighter news, it might also be that mice can now catch it.

"This abrogation of the species barrier raises the possibility of wild rodent secondary reservoir."

that's the biggy - gets in rats and we're doomed. (just saw a big rat in my back garden).

Chedney Honks

Absolutely buzzing at the prospect of this getting in the rat population the day before I get the jab. OMEGA FD.

You're never more than 6ft from Covid, forever, at best.

jobotic

Trying to book now. Lets me book a first slot then says that I have to book a second but there are none available (or on one occasion asked me to be from a choice of five then gave me no days to chose from). So I can't book the first one. In the meantime slots for the first jab are going quickly. What gives?

I just want my jab!

jobotic

Just an endless fucking loop. Gives you a time for the first jab then says there are none for the second, fuck off. Yet the time slots for the first ones are going fast, so some cunts are getting them. Doing my nut in.

shiftwork2

I dunno clear your cookies or use another browser.  Your posts are stressing me out.

jobotic

Yeah sorry. Done, at last. First jab Tuesday. Had to choose a different location for the second jab.

So that's my tip for anyone having trouble with it. And don't bang on about it on here, you egotist.

jobotic

In a surprise twist this morning I got a text from my GP asking me to make an appointment at the Heath Centre at the bottom of my road, so I'm having it tomorrow evening. Like buses. Must cancel my other one.

Hurrah for the NHS

Ferris

Quote from: jobotic on April 14, 2021, 11:26:01 AM
In a surprise twist this morning I got a text from my GP asking me to make an appointment at the Heath Centre at the bottom of my road, so I'm having it tomorrow evening. Like buses. Must cancel my other one.

Hurrah for the NHS

Nice one!

What's the current eligibility criteria over there, is it just age brackets (and you wait your turn until your bracket comes around) at this point?

jobotic

Yeah. Over 45s now. Was only announced Monday so quite impressive that i got the text today.