Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:32:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Vaccine Progress

Started by Sheffield Wednesday, June 07, 2020, 08:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

As a fatty with breathing issues I'm annoyed I havent had any jab yet.

Ferris

Quote from: jobotic on April 14, 2021, 11:33:12 AM
Yeah. Over 45s now. Was only announced Monday so quite impressive that i got the text today.

Great stuff, seems a very slick operation all told.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A few of my work colleagues decided to turn up at one of the big vaccination sites nearby on the off chance, and despite neither being in an at risk category they did it for them, probably just to get shot of (and in) them.

JamesTC

Let us know if it turns you gay like those scientists feared.

Ferris

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 14, 2021, 01:23:52 PM
A few of my work colleagues decided to turn up at one of the big vaccination sites nearby on the off chance, and despite neither being in an at risk category they did it for them, probably just to get shot of (and in) them.

Is there not a worry about spoilage or people not turning up for appointments so there are a few jabs going spare (bit like rush tickets at a student play, but life-saving medication)?

It's been suggested by the government here we call up local pharmacies at the end of the day and see if they've got any chekky vaccines available to alleviate criticism of how shit and slow the rollout has been.

Blinder Data

Some welcome news from the FT - the vaccines appear to be working!

Full thread of graphs here: https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1384878143308173313