Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:13:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone know the name of this short film?

Started by A Passing Turk Slipper, May 12, 2005, 12:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient Sheep

Ah, La Cabine I think it's called.  One of TJ's favourites too.  I have this on VHS somewhere, when I dig it out I shall add you to the list of people who want to see it.

butnut

I got that off UkNova awhile ago. Not a bad film - a nice strange atmosphere to it.

Hang on - maybe I didn't see that one. Is the one you're talking about this one Sheepy?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0432769/

Because that's not the film I saw. I saw a Spanish film from the late 70s I think about a man getting trapped in a telephone  box. It was longer than 10 minutes too, probably about an hour or so. What was this called?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "butnut"Hang on - maybe I didn't see that one. Is the one you're talking about this one Sheepy?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0432769/
No.

Quote from: "butnut"Because that's not the film I saw. I saw a Spanish film from the late 70s I think about a man getting trapped in a telephone  box. It was longer than 10 minutes too, probably about an hour or so. What was this called?
Yes, that's the one I'm sure we're all talking about.

La Cabina - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065513/

It's on that site you mentioned earlier, you say?  Ah well, my VHS is redundant then!

butnut

Yes that's the fellow. I imagine it's been deleted off that place by now.

A Passing Turk Slipper

I'd love to see that too, it would be great if we could get that torrent.

Bigflood

There was an animated short on a while back that a friend of mine saw which sounds like something I saw ages ago and really liked.  It was about a biker and an old lady.  The biker nicks the old lady's bag and speeds off but drops something.  The biker scoffs all the prescription pills in the bag and when the old lady catches up to him to give him his stuff back he starts hallucinating that she's out to kill him.  I'm sure I've described that terribly but does anybody know it?  I remember it being very good.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Hey, I remember The Black Tower. I thought I was the only one who did. It was very scary, mainly because I was too young to understand the slightly corny 'grim reaper' symbolism.

Dare I mention The Telephone Box too?

Rolf Harris

This is really vague, I know, but I'm looking for a short film that was on Channel 4 a few months back.

I remember a young boy sharing a bedroom with his similarly young sister, and he had nightmares about a terrifying guy coming in a quite graphically murdering his sister, then proceeding to his mother's room and slaughtering her. A LOT of blood, from what I remember, I mean buckets and buckets, quite over the top.

Frinky

Was this the one where the sister was bullying the boy? If so, I remember the one you're talking about, but nothing else.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"Dare I mention The Telephone Box too?
I'm not sure whether that's extreme irony there ELW10, or you've done something a little odd.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Mention of The Telephone Box (http://www.sarahbyte.f2s.com/lacabina.htm) usually brings out all the 'Jesus, I thought I was the only person who saw that' people out of the shadows. I associate this film and The Black Tower with the glory days of late-night C4.

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"Ah, La Cabine I think it's called.  One of TJ's favourites too.  I have this on VHS somewhere, when I dig it out I shall add you to the list of people who want to see it.

Somehow I managed to read this and the following posts mentioning the film several times without actually realising that they were mentioning it. Thanks for the link to the film title, I looked it up on IMDB but couldn't find it. I just went back to have another look and I've worked out why I couldn't find it. It gives me a sort of slight shiver of horror just to think about it. A brilliant idea for a film though.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"
I'm not sure whether that's extreme irony there ELW10, or you've done something a little odd.

No, I just skipped p2 by mistake. Sorry.

Rolf Harris

Frinky, yes the sister was bullying her brother. I just remember that guy who slaughtered them being really creepy and scary. I'd love to see it again.

Frinky

Yeah, I'm remembering it plenty but not the name, sorry.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"No, I just skipped p2 by mistake. Sorry.
No need to apologise, it wasn't so much a problem, as just confusing!

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

I wonder how The Black Tower was made? It must have be a glass-matte, I suppose, but I remember it being quite convincingly done.

A Passing Turk Slipper

I was wondering about that too actually, although having not bloody seen the film I can't really speculate on it's making. Bah.

another Mr. Lizard

Quote from: "The Unicorn"Does anyone know the name of a short film that was shown on Channel 4 a few years ago which was set in an elevator and had this one guy who looked like a Reservoir Dog, covered in blood, acting all crazy. I think it was Canadian.

Yes - ELEVATED, directed by the bloke who made CUBE and CYPHER. I've got it on video somewhere. It's terrific.

I've also just acquired a copy of LA CABINA. Whenever this film gets mentioned, I always spoil the party a little by pointing out that it's not a particularly original idea - the plot is stolen from the final scenes of the James Coburn movie THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST, made three years earlier in 1967.