Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:21:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Blocked Internet Access on some sites

Started by Puce Moment, June 08, 2020, 06:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomb_dog

It may be worth running an 'sfc -scannow' to repair any damaged system files.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Puce Moment on June 15, 2020, 06:35:14 PM
Going to try it now!

Edit: Well that seems to have worked in terms of accessing sites! Thank you!

I still cannot connect to my bluetooth speakers but at this point beggars can't be choosers!

Great news! As for the speakers, likely to be unrelated to this, first step would be to to pair them to your phone or something to check they work.

Puce Moment

EDIT:

Well, after an hour of to-ing and fro-ing I decided to move them. They worked. I moved them back to the same spot. They work.

I wish I knew why but I'm just happy they are working.

Thanks for all your help folks!

buzby

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 15, 2020, 05:25:50 PM
Clearly it's the vpn that is altering settings so that when it's on, things work. I'm sure it's at a sweet spot now but unless i desperately needed it I'd be removing nord.
I missed the post where he said it worked when connected through Nord. That has a function called Internet KillSwitch that can block access to websites if you aren't connected via the VPN (and even if the VPN application isn't running) I think it's on by default as well, and can only be changed once you log in.

We have the opposite problem with the web access on our work VPN where it stops some sites working correctly when you are conencted though the VPN.