Author Topic: Stories Untold (good game)  (Read 367 times)

Stories Untold (good game)
« on: June 08, 2020, 10:16:38 PM »
This is an atmospheric compilation of four fairly short (1hr each) stylised text adventures, profoundly influenced by and evoking the early 80s but much less Stranger Things than a darker, home computer, mundane Britain, cassette loading screen macabre numbers station Betamax blues aesthetic. Cheap horror short story anthology that you're a bit too young to read but you think it's OK if you leave the bedside light on, except it casts some truly mischievous shadows. A horror that colours your childhood.

I won't discuss any of the actual stories because the joy is in the gradual reveals as much as soaking up the atmosphere.

Dirt cheap in the Switch sale. Definitely recommend.

Re: Stories Untold (good game)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 10:45:12 PM »
I would also agree, and well done for remembering your password.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 11:30:37 PM »
Yeah I really enjoyed this. It was one of the weekly free games on the Epic store and one of the few that I bothered installing on my low-powered PC. I think I liked the 3rd story the best at the arctic station, created a tense atmosphere. I can't imagine it transferring all that well to the Switch, especially the first story

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 05:46:40 AM »
I should say it's a bit tricky to play in handheld because the text is small. It's fine for me just about but I know some people will find its too small. You can hold a button to zoom in which is absolutely fine but I know what people are like and they will do anything to complain to get their heart rate up and feel something.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 08:14:55 AM »
Yeah they do do that. For them I'd probably recommend the pc version as long as they can control their emotions about the lack of portability

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 01:09:35 PM »
 > I'm sorry, I do not understand the phrase "YXAB LB START"

Tags: