Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,468
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stories Untold (good game)

Started by Sheffield Wednesday, June 08, 2020, 10:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheffield Wednesday

This is an atmospheric compilation of four fairly short (1hr each) stylised text adventures, profoundly influenced by and evoking the early 80s but much less Stranger Things than a darker, home computer, mundane Britain, cassette loading screen macabre numbers station Betamax blues aesthetic. Cheap horror short story anthology that you're a bit too young to read but you think it's OK if you leave the bedside light on, except it casts some truly mischievous shadows. A horror that colours your childhood.

I won't discuss any of the actual stories because the joy is in the gradual reveals as much as soaking up the atmosphere.

Dirt cheap in the Switch sale. Definitely recommend.

Thursday

I would also agree, and well done for remembering your password.

buntyman

Yeah I really enjoyed this. It was one of the weekly free games on the Epic store and one of the few that I bothered installing on my low-powered PC. I think I liked the 3rd story the best at the arctic station, created a tense atmosphere. I can't imagine it transferring all that well to the Switch, especially the first story

Sheffield Wednesday

I should say it's a bit tricky to play in handheld because the text is small. It's fine for me just about but I know some people will find its too small. You can hold a button to zoom in which is absolutely fine but I know what people are like and they will do anything to complain to get their heart rate up and feel something.

buntyman

Yeah they do do that. For them I'd probably recommend the pc version as long as they can control their emotions about the lack of portability

> I'm sorry, I do not understand the phrase "YXAB LB START"