Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:22:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

You own a bit of Greggs now

Started by Dr Trouser, June 09, 2020, 03:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Trouser

Well technically, maybe.

Amazed to see the list of 'UK companies' (some clearly aren't UK) who UK Gov have bought short-term corporate debt from;

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/uk-news/2020/06/04/airlines-chemicals-giants-and-an-oil-field-company-who-has-the-bank-of-england-lent-to/

This £16bn given to companies that can probably manage to get through this event, but will probably never be paid back. Imagine what £16bn could have done for SMEs in this country.

Anyway good to see Greggs got a handout, along with Chanel and a handful of companies currently in dispute with HMRC and SFO over unpaid monies.

BlodwynPig

how much did Sports Direct get?

steveh

It (or rather its parent company Frasers Group) was turned down for a loan, possibly because it wasn't deemed to be financially stable enough.

Shit Good Nose

Do we all get a free sausage roll?

...well, I guess it's not free as we have technically paid for it.

Sebastian Cobb

Shit Good Nose

It's all hog anus.   But tasty.

idunnosomename

does this mean i can sodomise pigs with no repercussions

Ray Travez

What I don't understand is why Greggs closed when they could have legitimately remained open. Did the staff get furloughed, and that worked out cheaper than remaining open and potentially selling one steak bake an hour?

Captain Crunch

It's weird, the one near me is open but only for Just Eat delivery so there's a big A-frame in the door saying 'please go away (and order online)'.

idunnosomename

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 09, 2020, 11:59:12 PM
does this mean i can sodomise pigs with no repercussions
i have no memory of posting this

Ray Travez