Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:53:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Command and Conquer Remastered

Started by beanheadmcginty, June 09, 2020, 04:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

I just got this and actually haven't played it yet, just wanted to report something weird that happened. When I first booted it up it went through a fake recreation of the original installation sequence, which back in the day I remembered being cool as fuck compared to other games in the DOS era. It then cleverly updates itself to the modern era and I suddenly welled up with emotion. Tears in my eyes. So either I'm terrified of how much time has passed or I love C&C a lot more than I realised. To be fair I did play it a lot when I was 14 against my mate over serial link.

falafel

Poobum

I really hope this comes to consoles. I was young enough when I played this that I'd recreate missions using my toys, fashioning my own versions of Nod turrets, and minigun emplacements out of playing cards and felt tip pen lids. So wholesome.

The Culture Bunker

Ehh, I can remember buying it back in the day on PC in Electronics Boutique, Carlisle, just after Christmas with money gifted to me. I think I got Demolition Derby too, which must have been a great combo.

Red Alert was the only subsequent one I bothered with, not sure how much I'd want to revisit it.

evilcommiedictator

The Intro was great and the nostalgia hit makes all the right feels come up.
The videos are upscaled, and the more motion in them the worse they look. Those of you back in the day like me running it on sub-par machines will be confused with the speed settings, but it all looks nice and being able to switch graphics is also pretty cool.
Klepacki redid the music and to be honest, I think I'm too attached to the old tracks to like the new ones.

They've removed a "bug" in the NOD missions that the AI would always airstrike the top-left most unit of yours, meaning that you could place a lone infantry out of the way and make the AI waste their airstrike, but now NOD missions are quite hard, I don't think everyone remember how bloody hard C&C is, RA is much more forgiving but in both missions anything with "limited units" is a save scum experience

Poobum

I definitely remember, the GDI mission in Greece is ridiculous. All the missions were about reaching a tipping point and then you were fine, but fuck those flame tanks made it hard on that mission. Wasn't a fan of the indoor missions in RA initially, but they did eventually grow on me, almost a puzzle aspect to them with using your limited units to achieve the objectives.

popcorn

Do these still have a mode where you can just play against the world's thickest computer and build up a perfect brilliant base?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Remastered music tracks are great as well.