Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:49:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Frank Sidebottom's 10th Anniversary Saturday 20th June

Started by Captain Crunch, June 09, 2020, 08:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crunch

Details to follow but good news!  Four hours of fun in an otherwise bobbins week. 

Quote"2020 sees the 10th anniversary of the sad loss of Frank Sidebottom and his creator, Chris Sievey. 11:37 Sievey Enterprises intended to host a weekend event in Timperley to mark the occasion but due to Covid-19 that has had to be postponed until at time when it is safe to do so.

However, it was felt we should and indeed could 'virtually' celebrate this important milestone. So, in partnership with The Old Courts, please join us for an evening extravaganza of online Sidebottom and Sievey-related entertainment, broadcast straight into your living room!

Expect to see rare and unseen footage, exclusive to this presentation, including: Frank and The Oh Blimey Big Band live at The Den 1991, deleted scenes from the Steve Sullivan BEING FRANK documentary, fan favourites compilations and Frank's 'comeback gig' from 2005."

imitationleather

kalowski

Captain Crunch

Tonight girls!

QuoteSELECTED PROGRAMMING FOR "10TH ANNIVERSARY" ONLINE CELEBRATION
To be transmitted on 20:06:20 from 7pm until approx 11.37pm

Please note: Actual running order and timing schedule to be confirmed, hopefully with a couple more items to be added.

MARTIN'S MAGIC MOMENTS
Filmed by regular attendee 'Martin with the Bobbins Hair' this is his top pick of obscure, one-off camcorder moments from the 2008-2009 Sunday night LMRCA get-togethers.

11:37 HEADQUARTERS
a short 'behind the scenes' look at 11:37 Sievey Enterprises.

DENIGRATION NOW
Selected excerpts from this little known Chris Sievey solo project, only ever released on cassette and VHS in 1982.

UNSEEN BEING FRANK
Unseen, deleted and raw footage, taken from the Steve Sullivan BEING FRANK documentary(2012-2017)

BITS AND BOBBINS
A selection of rarely seen clips of varying quality. Taken from the Chris Sievey archive, now residing at Archives Plus, Manchester Central Library, under temperature-controlled conditions.

COMEBACK GIG, WIGAN 2005
Frank's triumphant return to showbiz after years of inactivity (followed by a panel chat)
This is not a typical frank performance. Painstakingly re-mastered in 1080p by Martin Lyons and Spencer Chess.

WITHNELL'S BREW CO
Taste-testing the new Frank beers with Stirling Sievey and company.

JEFF AND DOREEN'S FIRM FAVOURITES
Devoted fans Jeff and Doreen Jolly's favourite clips.
All filmed by Jeff with Chris's blessing (2006-2009)

FRANK AT THE DEN 1991
An unedited concert in full with Frank the Oh-Blimey's. The band gives an electric performance to a rowdy crowd. Filmed at Wigan Bus Depot Working Men's Club on 30th November, 1991

Watch links:

https://www.facebook.com/Theoldcourts/videos/940447889741015/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz120fjzS8c

Fantastic. 

Small Man Big Horse

I'm going to miss this due to a virtual date with Mrs SMBH, but I hope someone's able to archive it or that it will remain online for at least 24 hours.

Pranet

Might as well put this here as some of you may be interested in it - there is a new podcast about comedy and novelty records. The first episode was Ben Baker talking about the Sci Fi EP. I found it interesting but I should say I am not a super fan of Frank Sidebottom, though I have of course been aware of him for ever and have seen and heard bit and bobs of his stuff, so if you are really into him you may have a different reaction.

https://headballetpod.podbean.com/e/ben-baker-on-frank-sidebottom/

Sebastian Cobb

tinner777

Shot in the dark here lads.

I had a load of his manchester radio shows, him messing about and a few guests including john cooper clarke.

Anyone else seen these anywhere?? I think it was a fan that had recorded them and torrented them??

Thanks for reading

kalowski

Quote from: tinner777 on June 28, 2020, 04:21:44 PM
Shot in the dark here lads.

I had a load of his manchester radio shows, him messing about and a few guests including john cooper clarke.

Anyone else seen these anywhere?? I think it was a fan that had recorded them and torrented them??

Thanks for reading
Not really, but I have the Fantastic Frank Sidebottom mp3 collection which has some great snogs and bits of the shows.
Feel free to have a look.

tinner777

Dyl Spinks

Thanks for the Frank, Kalowski.

I still think the all-night Test Card stuff is some of the funniest shit I've ever seen. Hope it's all still on youtube, as I need to revisit it one of these years.

Captain Crunch

Yep there's lots up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0JMvVU1F6I

There is also a DVD in the pipeline but I'm not sure if that's new stuff or the bits that are already on youtube. 

madhair60

I got my copy of the Test Card DVD this morning, funnily enough. Haven't spun it yet.