Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:54:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Guitar to Mac solutions thread

Started by Stoneage Dinosaurs, June 11, 2020, 07:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I've recently been into the idea of borrowing my girlfriend's macbook to start recording music on, cause she's not using it for owt currently and I'm sick of the limitations of the iOS version of garageband. However I am currently in search of an adequite way of plugging my electric guitar into the computer using some sort of mac compatible hardware. Until now I was recording on my iPad and using an iRig HD, but i don't have a USB connector for it, and I'm starting to get some connection issues with is as I think it may be fucked.
My budget is "as little as I can get away with paying without it sounding like a piece of shit" but I would be willing to pay about 100 quid should I need to. Have you lot had any luck with anything in particular?

NoSleep

You need an audio interface. Get one of the cheap Behringers: the UMC202HD which has two inputs and two outputs and the option to record line/mic/instrument.

If you have a midi keyboard you might want one with midi in/out on it, the UMC202HD.

NoSleep

NoSleep

Any of those would also help out for doing CaB Radio as they all allow you to plug in a mic (with or without phantom power) and a set of headphones.

PlanktonSideburns

can also vouch for the behringer umcs - the preamps in them are well decent for guitar