Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:49:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corrie resumes filming with a security guard waving his massive pole around

Started by Fambo Number Mive, June 11, 2020, 04:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Quote...A scaled-down cast and crew have returned to film new episodes of Britain's most iconic soap - but the Rovers and Roy's Rolls remain closed, with filming focused on "brilliant dialogue being played brilliantly by an extremely talented set of cast".

"What we've done is pushed the writing and pushed the performance to the fore," says Iain MacLeod, series producer.

Actors must do their own make-up and hair, while "Dave the security guard" wields a two-metre pole to ensure the cast respects the social-distancing guidelines while on set.

The soap opera, which has been screened three days a week throughout the lockdown, will continue to focus on key storylines with only passing references to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic

The new episodes will be on screen in July...

Is Coronation Street the most iconic soap? Nice of the BBC to say so given it shows Eastenders.

Love to see Coronation Street with actors having cut their own hair. I presume, given that coronavirus will still be going on in July, there will only be passing references to give people a break from it all.

It would be nice to have a story where a character gets coronavirus and ends up in hospital after not maintaining social distancing rules to encourage people who watch Coronation Street to do so.

I know they did that for hand washing in March.

Mango Chimes

That two-metre pole will need to be on the end of another pole, surely.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 11, 2020, 04:28:35 PM
Is Coronation Street the most iconic soap? Nice of the BBC to say so given it shows Eastenders.

Corrie Started in the 60's whereas Enders has only been going since '85.

Corrie is seen as the definitive TV soap even though it wasn't the first one. The term had been around since 1938 in the US but was resisted in the UK (Corrie officially called itself a drama).