Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:38:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dad Rockers

Started by fatguyranting, June 11, 2020, 08:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bently Sheds

Luckily I wasn't subjected to an overbearing parent trying to foist their musical taste on me. My dad was a fan of big band jazz, mum seemed to always have the radio on, she didn't really have a taste in music.

Most of my musical education came from hearing stuff my older brother was playing when we shared a bedroom. So I was subjected to mostly Roxy Music, Bowie, Elton John, a few American acoustic troubadours and 70s English folk. He later got.me into punk and new wave, for which I was grateful.

I've tried to repay the favour over the years but the only thing I managed to get him interested in was Signals by Rush. He's weirdly resistant to having bands suggested to him, even ones that I know would be right up his street. Now he listens to insipid shit that sounds like whalesong sampled by bedwetting Swedish synth noodlers.

alan nagsworth

Just want to point out that even if you've posted in here saying you don't care what your kids do/might listen to but have still half-jokingly inserted the name of an artist or band you like into your post then that's just as bad. That's where snobbery starts, by having a chuckle at it. You will become the thing you hate.

That said, if I ever have kids and they don't appreciate the importance of Jello Biafra then I will disown them.