Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A small win for Palestine.

Started by bgmnts, June 11, 2020, 08:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

https://www.thecanary.co/global/world-analysis/2020/06/11/palestinians-score-a-huge-victory-against-israels-apartheid-regime-in-a-european-court/

I know Palestine is fucked and all that but you have to recognise and celebrate the little victories when they arrive.
Although, strangely I didnt get this buzzed through my phone via Al Jazeera.

However:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/germany-fm-warns-israel-west-bank-annexation-plans-200610110346857.html

Is this actually happening, this annexation of the West Bank? Could it lead to war?

Crisps?

There are only two solutions to having a bad neighbour: they leave or you leave. If they aren't leaving then as much as you want to hang on because why the fuck should you have to move from your own home, it's ultimately the only thing to do for your own sanity and survival.

The Palestinians are never ever getting a homeland, or peace, and they never, ever were. Nothing more a few square miles of concentration camp anyway, until they are gradually squeezed out completely into neighbouring countries.

I've thought for years they should just call it a day. The US has never been on their side and neither has the EU, to any degree that means anything. Most people who lived on the land before the ethnic cleansing in the 1940s are gone. Most of the population today can probably only remember life as refugees or under military oppression. What's there to hang around for or be homesick about?

They should agree to give up unenforceable symbolic claims to "Palestine" and to relocate to a country of the individual's choice (other than Israel) in return for $1,000,000 for every Palestinian man, woman and child.

Israel should have no problem agreeing to the US and EU shelling that out on their behalf, and with fewer than 10 million Palestinians in the world, it comes to no more than 10 trillion dollars; absolute peanuts for resolving one of the world's most intractable issues.

Where's my Nobel Prize?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm not sure that adequately recognises the failed world-building of old powers and the shamelessness of successive Israeli governments or that to be Palestinian is to be martyred to this cause - due to the extent of their diminution. To equate being Palestinian with being a home owner with a neighbour is preposterous and shows a huge deficit in appreciation of psychology at play.

Someone without arms to defend themselves can only express injustice through suffering. Despite wall-to-wall pro-Israeli media in the west (who ultimately call the shots for now) there is still global support for Palestinians, which unfortunately nearly always goes unrepresented through parliamentary democracy which is designed to filter out unwanted interests. If they were given voice you would have a groundswell that made UKIP look like a bake sale. 

bgmnts

Quote from: Crisps? on June 11, 2020, 11:18:58 PM
What's there to hang around for or be homesick about?

Its their home and Israel are settled there illegally? 

Sin Agog

Send the Palestinians for a long walk and the next Middle-Eastern neighbours will eventually feel Israel's wrath.  It is not simply a haven for the Jewish community, it is a white ethnostate.  The Ethiopian Jews in Israel are almost treated as shit as the Palestinians.  They even had their own riots after the police shot one of them dead this time last year.

bgmnts

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53139808

I admit this thread makes me immensely sad now.

Fucking horrible wankers.

Flouncer

Quote from: Crisps? on June 11, 2020, 11:18:58 PMI've thought for years they should just call it a day. The US has never been on their side and neither has the EU, to any degree that means anything. Most people who lived on the land before the ethnic cleansing in the 1940s are gone. Most of the population today can probably only remember life as refugees or under military oppression. What's there to hang around for or be homesick about?

Janet Russell - Song of the Olive Tree

chveik

Quote from: Sin Agog on June 12, 2020, 12:53:26 AM
Send the Palestinians for a long walk and the next Middle-Eastern neighbours will eventually feel Israel's wrath.

you forgot to mention that Palestinian immigrants have been treated like scum in neighbouring countries like Lebanon and Jordania, and I'm not sure Israel has been forcing them to act like that. they've been abandonned by everybody.

idunnosomename

i thought netanyahoo was going to be strung up from a lampost. what happened to that

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 26, 2020, 01:06:58 AM
i thought netanyahoo was going to be strung up from a lampost. what happened to that

can't say that now - Starmer will be cross.

Starmer needs to resign immediately.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Idea for a two state solution:

1. Palestine gets all their original land back
2. Israel still exists but it gets relocated to somewhere nobody is really going to miss i.e. Lincolnshire

bgmnts

Would be good if the US stumped up and gave Jews some of their own land, considering they have the biggest lobbies and influence.

But of course its not about that is it oh well.

Mister Six

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on June 27, 2020, 11:34:26 PM
Idea for a two state solution:

1. Palestine gets all their original land back
2. Israel still exists but it gets relocated to somewhere nobody is really going to miss i.e. Lincolnshire

Australia? Fucking loads of land there, and hardly anyone on it. There must be a good long stretch of nice coastline that's uninhabited and not important to the Aborigines, surely?

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Mister Six on June 28, 2020, 05:17:07 AM
Australia? Fucking loads of land there, and hardly anyone on it. There must be a good long stretch of nice coastline that's uninhabited and not important to the Aborigines, surely?

It's uninhabited for a reason: it's uninhabitable. There's a reason the Australian doctrine for WW2 was "If the Japanese invade, say 'fuck it' and run back to Brisbane. Let them find out the hard way how fucked up everything in that big expanse is."

bgmnts

Bumpty bump.

https://aje.io/vw8ly

A very small win again for Palestine here maybe?

RenegadeScrew

Well no, it's not even a victory for Palestine.  Hamas are spot on in their criticism of it.

Zetetic

shh

Yes what do our friends in Hamas have to say. Ah, the same as Turkey & Iran would you believe....

pcsjwgm

Public relations

In exchange for normalization, Israel agreed to suspend plans to annex large swaths of the occupied West Bank "and focus its efforts now on expanding ties with other countries in the Arab and Muslim world," according to the joint statement.

However, this is spin.

In reality, it was the United States that put Israel's annexation plans on ice weeks ago.

In fact, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reaffirmed his commitment to annexation shortly after the announcement of the agreement.

The UAE is merely using the American-imposed freeze as an opportunity to bring its secret ties with Israel dating back to the 1990s into the open.

These secret relations have included military and intelligence cooperation and even joint military exercises.

The ground for Thursday's announcement was laid in recent years with athletic competitions and business cooperation.

Just weeks ago, an Emirati firm struck a deal with two Israeli arms giants, supposedly to fight the coronavirus pandemic.

But the public relations messaging focusing on Israel's agreement to suspend annexation allows the UAE to claim falsely that it achieved something for Palestinian rights, when the opposite is the case.

Relations between Israel and Gulf States including Saudi Arabia and the UAE are founded on a mutual enmity towards Iran.

Liquidating Palestinian rights and bypassing the Palestinian issue is seen as key to building up this anti-Iran alliance under American oversight.

Annexation, moreover, would only be a formal rubber stamp for what Israel has been doing on the ground for decades: stealing land, forcibly displacing Palestinians and building colonies in flagrant breach of international law.

This violent colonization has never ceased and will not stop as a result of this agreement.

The United Arab Emirates, therefore, asked for and received nothing from Israel on behalf of Palestinians in exchange for normalizing ties.

Full: https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/tamara-nassar/united-arab-emirates-sells-out-palestine-israel

Blumf

Wonder if this has anything to do with recent events.

Not quiet sure why an oil and solar rich nation needs a nuclear power station.