Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:03:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pubs seem to think they're re-opening

Started by Rev+, June 13, 2020, 10:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 12, 2021, 11:01:57 AM
Having lived generally the length of breadth of England, and ditto for the USA, I think there's a discernible difference for UK people which people from abroad might not notice (kind of like regional accents), generally just described as a bit nippy, wet and overcast. But it's not a huge difference when you've lived somewhere that has 40C blazing heat day and night, palm trees and monsoon rains, then you travel up the coast and you're in -20 snowstorms, then go west and it's a pleasant 25, NW and you're basically in drizzy British style weather with lots of lush green, then go further into the middle and you're in an actual desert.

In January 2014 I visited Okinawa which, being in the subtropics, was roasting even then. Then I flew back to Tokyo and the heaviest snowfall Japan had seen in 45 years. Hours after seeing cherry blossom season come earlier than it does in most of Japan, I was standing looking at snow on the palm trees outside my flat... Good point El Unicornio, it's easy to forget how small the UK is even if being taller than it is wide makes the weather so variable.

BlodwynPig

Butchers Blind

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on April 12, 2021, 11:25:57 AM
Deso

Living their best life. Pint of piss lager before 9am in the cold outside. Get it on insta, now.

jobotic

They didn't take it though. Or so it looks.

Ferris

BlodwynPig

El Unicornio, mang

It was posted on a legend Gary top bantz wahey facebook page, hence the "girlies" I guess.

I'd be the coffee bore. Can't get into morning drinking, particularly behind a wall in Huddersfield.

Butchers Blind

Anyone would think it was the end of prohibition.  You've been able to still buy the alcohol in shops all through this. Yeah, I know you can now meet up in pubs and have a shared drinking experience again, but 8am ffs!

phes

If I was behind a wall in Huddersfield I would make myself get into morning drinking.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Got in at Kirkstall Bridge after a swim at the leisure centre which also opened up this morning.

Never going back to the office.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Also, stop picking on the wall, it's a nice wall

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Butchers Blind on April 12, 2021, 01:15:15 PM
but 8am ffs!

Is it better or worse if you're still going from the night before?

phes

Loads of pub(goer) shaming on social media. Everyone is an alkie now apparently. People don't seem to understand what pubs are for. My friend is off to The Bridge in Kirkstall tonight. Lives alone in a small flat/bedsit, doesn't have a garden etc. Hope she has a great time. 

Cuellar

idunnosomename

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 12, 2021, 01:20:24 PM
Also, stop picking on the wall, it's a nice wall
i'll have a go at the hosepipe then

oh whoops its a power cable

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 12, 2021, 01:19:49 PM
Got in at Kirkstall Bridge after a swim at the leisure centre which also opened up this morning.

Never going back to the office.

You'll be off to Czechia tomorrow, then?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: phes on April 12, 2021, 01:39:34 PM
Loads of pub(goer) shaming on social media. Everyone is an alkie now apparently. People don't seem to understand what pubs are for. My friend is off to The Bridge in Kirkstall tonight. Lives alone in a small flat/bedsit, doesn't have a garden etc. Hope she has a great time.

Tell her to be careful if a bald man approaches her with 'expert tips' on which beer to sup.

idunnosomename

there is no way they are going to finish those glasses of piss btw

BlodwynPig

El Unicornio, mang

imitationleather

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: phes on April 12, 2021, 01:39:34 PM

Their back yard is vast and everything is spaced out conservatively. It seems as risky to me as going to a park with people there, even once it fills up. Still doing the same thing, hand gel, masks if people come close.

As you say, there is a detestable element of the public that will spend their time engaging in shaming and moral midgetry in social media for attention and easy likes, but fuck them, on this occasion. See how long they keep it up.

bgmnts

I feel like adding alcohol to any activity significantly ups the risk.

Chedney Honks

The decently thing at this point is to let all businesses die so we can rebuild a new society