Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:32:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pubs seem to think they're re-opening

Started by Rev+, June 13, 2020, 10:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 30, 2021, 04:22:35 PM
I'm amazed Space are still going tbh. I used to like them back in the day, not really into guitar music now though though Female Of The Species is a good tune and I can imagine they'd be fun to watch. It's been sad to see your posts on them too, they always came across as a great bunch of top Scouse lads.

I love all dogs and especially fucking mental dogs, but I grew up with dogs and I guess I'm just used to them and I "speak dog" so I can read their body language and tell the difference between an aggressive bark and an "Oi, I want attention" bark. I just find their mentalness entertaining, I love going to a pub and noting the presence of several spangles and realising we're in for a good "floor show".
Tommy Scott is lovely, tbf. He's really sweet. And Yorkie, the old bassist, is cool.

I'm a cat person, but I like pub dogs.

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 30, 2021, 08:23:58 PM
Tried to get in at whitelocks for the last 3 weeks. It's a tiny place down a Briggate alleyway..wishful thinking..I'll just wait till it all goes back to normal at crimbo. C'est La Vie.

Been in 3 times without booking recently and found it half empty. It's always been very up and down, I've seen it go from rammed to three quarters empty to back again in 20 minutes.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 31, 2021, 12:28:53 AM
Makes you proud dunt it.

"four men are in hospital after an armed mass brawl and a beach fight involving a samurai sword has taken place as Britain's bank holiday weekend descended into chaos"

So, so proud.

Kankurette

Being cooped up really does a number on people.

rack and peanut

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on May 31, 2021, 10:41:50 AM
"four men are in hospital after an armed mass brawl and a beach fight involving a samurai sword has taken place as Britain's bank holiday weekend descended into chaos"

TBF I wouldn't have been surprised to see that reported in 2019. Normality achieved.

BlodwynPig

Kankurette

Twit 2

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 22, 2021, 08:57:17 PM
Had a pint or three this afternoon in Tory central, Norfolk. This travesty was in the bogs:

I am returning here Thursday. Can take a Sharpie. Suggestions for defacing it please.

Endicott

Is a Hitler moustache too obvious a suggestion?

chveik

Sebastian Cobb

frajer

Steaming turd in his pint

Maybe do something with the sharpie too

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Twit 2 on July 20, 2021, 08:11:05 PM
I am returning here Thursday. Can take a Sharpie. Suggestions for defacing it please.

going to kill myself

flotemysost

Medium fry-up on the table in front of him.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just write the total number of UK deaths as of the day of your visit.

Fambo Number Mive

Let us know if you do hear anyone singing the National Anthem.

Twit 2

The poster had been taken down. I did turn up with a Sharpie, all primed, but for nothing.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Twit 2 on July 23, 2021, 10:03:55 AM
The poster had been taken down. I did turn up with a Sharpie, all primed, but for nothing.

Pathos-laden.