Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:43:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pubs seem to think they're re-opening

Started by Rev+, June 13, 2020, 10:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: icehaven on October 16, 2020, 10:27:48 AM
WHERE IS DOT?

Smashing a fat line off the back of the Armitage Shanks cistern in the ladies with Dr Legg. She snorts hard and looks at Doc screaming "MY NICK'S A GOOD BOY"

Blue Jam

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteSpeaking to the BBC's Today programme, Mr Martin said: "There's massive confusion in the UK now because you've got the 'rule of six', Tier 2, Tier 3 - everyone's confused.

"I think you should concentrate on the basics which is social distancing. If you don't get too close to someone you won't get infected, that works better."

Tim Martin failing to understand infection points are not limited to ones proximity to another individual.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Better Midlands on October 16, 2020, 09:29:21 AM
It's sad to think that everyone in this picture is now dead :(

I know you're only joking, but five of them are ( six if you count the poodle. Is the coloured gentleman who was also in " Bottle Boys" still alive? If not, then seven).

bgmnts

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 16, 2020, 11:47:53 AM
I know you're only joking, but five of them are ( six if you count the poodle. Is the coloured gentleman who was also in " Bottle Boys" still alive? If not, then seven).

Can you still say that?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yes, only Lisa Jesusandmarychain though, the rest of us aren't.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Better Midlands on October 16, 2020, 09:29:21 AM
It's sad to think that everyone in this picture is now dead :(

I think you'll find that Carl Douglas is still alive and (Kung Fu) kicking.

Icehaven

QuoteThe company (Wetherspoons) confirmed on Friday that 108 head office staff have been made redundant.

Tim Martin himself deserves a good whipping for his open callous complacency, but you can't help but feel sorry for anyone else who worked their way up the slippery Spoons corporate ladder thinking it has to be one of the safest, most recession proof jobs you can get and is now out on their ear.

idunnosomename

WHAT! IS! THE CHARGE!?

NOT SERVING A MEAL?

A SUBSTANTIAL PUB MEAL?

Menu

Quote from: bgmnts on October 15, 2020, 09:53:39 PM
I don't want to undercut that amazing idea but just make this your desktop picture:

And play this youtube video in the background.

Then crack open a can and pretend your life is good.

Fuck! I can name all those characters(apart from the guy at the bar). I haven't watched it for decades. Why can't I remember anything useful?

Cloud

I mean if you want a virtual British pub just go to the Winchester in VRchat

Dr Rock

I see the person who was sitting next to Michelle (Dot? Dr Legg?) has racked out a few lines.

Dr Rock

BlodwynPig

There is a sadness in their eyes, especially Arthur's.

BlodwynPig

Cloud

Aw. RIP one of the pub doggos.  Kind of thought as much, had a look in on Weds and you know when an animal is on the way out.  Laying there looking sad, breathing hard and uninterested in treats, and had apparently stumbled a couple of times on the way.  Petted her on the way out knowing it was probably a goodbye and sure enough next day ;(

Menu

Quote from: Cloud on October 17, 2020, 09:02:45 PM
Aw. RIP one of the pub doggos.  Kind of thought as much, had a look in on Weds and you know when an animal is on the way out.  Laying there looking sad, breathing hard and uninterested in treats, and had apparently stumbled a couple of times on the way.  Petted her on the way out knowing it was probably a goodbye and sure enough next day ;(

Ah mate.

Menu

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 17, 2020, 05:55:27 AM
I see the person who was sitting next to Michelle (Dot? Dr Legg?) has racked out a few lines.

LOU BEALE GETTING RIGHT ON IT

Blue Jam

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 16, 2020, 11:45:24 AM
Tim Martin failing to understand infection points are not limited to ones proximity to another individual.

I will start drinking at Wetherspoons again if Tim Martin releases a video of himself licking all the toilet seats.

Sebastian Cobb

Sadly Spoon's bogs are quite well maintained. I think there must be an inverse relationship between the quality of a pub and the effort put into their toilet facilities.

That or the patrons all piss themselves before completing the 3 mile hike to get to them.

Blue Jam

'spoons does have nice toilets, aye. They all seem to have those locks with that emergency release mechanism that allows you to kick the door in without destroying the lock. You never see a toilet door with no lock in a 'spoons.

Do 'spoons toilets have urinals? I'd accept Tim Martin licking those.

Sebastian Cobb

Yes and if I recall they're bulkier than your standard Armitage Shanks urinal.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Cloud on October 17, 2020, 09:02:45 PM

Awww *hugs*. My favourite pub's doggo died during lockdown. She was a Cavalier King Charles spangle, one of the black and tan ones with ginger eyebrows that make them look really sassy. She was an absolute legend, very very affectionate but you wouldn't dare nick her seat. She was nicknamed "Her Majesty" for good reason.

Another pub doggo from the same pub died a couple of weeks back. He was a Heinz 57 and a lovely gentle giant but also black and tan with ginger eyebrows, very expressive face.

We've lost both of the eyebrow doggos :'(

imitationleather

It is a shame that COVID has robbed me of being in able to go in to a 'spoons for a chekky shit when I'm out and about. The toilets are always without fail really nice.

beanheadmcginty

One of my favourite ever birthday presents was from an ex-girlfriend who nicked the disabled toilet key from our local 'spoons which grants me access to all disabled toilets in the country.