Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:16:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother: Best Episodes Ever

Started by Ja'moke, June 14, 2020, 10:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockice

Quote from: Gulftastic on June 18, 2020, 08:01:59 AM
BB always makes me think of when Stu and Helen had their date (S2 I think). That was the same night my Father died. I was watching it when I got the call. Not that I'm blaming them.

He was called Paul. I remember that because of my dad too. He was a big fan of Alistair McGowan at the time and him and Ronni Ancona would do impressions of that pair on their show. Which pops found hilarious despite denying he'd ever seen Big Brother. Hmm.

New page you are live on Channel 4 so fuck off.

Gulftastic

He talked in that student way. Everything was 'uh-mazing'. She was thick and Welsh. 2001 I think. Was that 3?

Deanjam

Helen & Paul was series 2. 2001.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Shameless Custard on June 17, 2020, 11:45:46 PM
Yeah, true

Plus Ray wanking under the duvet was probably one of the funniest things in any series
I'm sure I read somewhere - possibly on here - that someone who worked on the show said Ray later realised that if he just wanked openly in the shower it couldn't be shown, so that's what he did.

EDIT: Someone already mentioned it.

Utter Shit

Quote from: paruses on June 18, 2020, 07:56:07 AM
What was the one with Charlie in. And the posh girl who said "alright my n-" and got chucked out? And was that one with Nikki and the gay Canadian in?

It was worse than that, she said something like "push it out you n**ger" while Charlie was dancing. She didn't mean it offensively, but it was an astonishingly crass, stupid thing to say even as a joke. Charlie was a horrible human being, it was quite satisfying seeing her try her schtick on 8 Out Of 10 Cats and making a total fool of herself.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 18, 2020, 01:45:50 AM
Didn't he have a full wank to completion in the shower, safe in the knowledge that they'd never show it, as admitted afterwards. Or SMBH, did you say you'd seen similar business when working on series 1?

Iirc all the wanking in series 1 was done under the covers, but in series 2 there was definitely shower based wanking, with one contestant giving the camera a big theatrical wink right after he'd finished.

Edit: Just did a brief search and discovered this old post:

The only series 1 wanking story I can remember is about Andy, who after somehow managing to stay in the house the first time he was nominated for eviction, 'celebrated' in the toilet the next morning. It was grim to watch, and he came everywhere, and without washing his hands he then went in to the kitchen and made bread for everyone, leading to cries of "Noooooo! Don't eat the spunky bread" from the gallery all through the rest of the day. Oh, and Anna apparently relieved herself one night (under the covers), but I wasn't there for that.

Jockice

Quote from: Utter Shit on June 18, 2020, 09:35:36 AM
It was worse than that, she said something like "push it out you n**ger" while Charlie was dancing. She didn't mean it offensively, but it was an astonishingly crass, stupid thing to say even as a joke. Charlie was a horrible human being, it was quite satisfying seeing her try her schtick on 8 Out Of 10 Cats and making a total fool of herself.

Emily Parr her name was. She was outside having a fag with Nicky and Charley when she said it. I'm starting to hate myself for knowing these things. Charley seems to have her own youtube channel by the way. Which seems to consist mainly of clips of herself.

sevendaughters

Quote from: paruses on June 18, 2020, 07:56:07 AM
What was the one with Charlie in. And the posh girl who said "alright my n-" and got chucked out? And was that one with Nikki and the gay Canadian in?

I used to watch those while drinking heavily in my hotel in Swansea and then read Grace Dent's column about it the following day. Such heady days.

that was BB8. Emily was undeniably thick ("there's this thing called indie rock and it's really hot") and probably unconsciously racist but i didn't think there was malice in what she said; in fact i think she was badly attempting familiarity. Charlie's response was baffled confusion that gave way to thinking she should be offended because of how it played out.

I remember one of Charlie's big opening gambits was to brag about how Man U player Kieran Richardson was her cousin, but he got sold to Sunderland during the run and one of the new housemates told her and she was clearly gutted.

It was months after the Jade/Shilpa CBB so they were understandably being very cautious when it came to that sort of thing and I remember at the time, it came across like she was crowbarring it in there as an early way of getting in the spotlight and making a name for herself. I think that's why it came across as so awkward and forced and why it stunned Charlie into gobsmacked silence.
She'd graciously accept the warning, make sure she apologised so everyone knew it was that good old British chummy, benign racism that brings us all together and maybe get in the tabloids.
They were taking no chances, and it was a way of somehow making up for there shitty handling of what happened earlier in the year. Straight out the door. They definitely did the right thing.

paruses

Yes - I was going to say I remember getting more and more irritated seeing Charley (how are we spelling this?) slowly realise how much she could milk it. I remember seeing it and she didn't really seem to notice the remark or saw it as harmlessly ignorant but then gradually moved on to telling everybody individually and in whispered tones how shocked and hurt she was. Grace Dent remarked on how ignominious it was for Emily to be whisked away in the night not even wearing her knickers.

I think having read those columns which were really funny and filthy, it's difficult when she pops up on Masterchef as a judge of fine food and culinary excellence.

Emma Raducanu

I watched Grace's bitchy montage last night, which included her and other housemates slagging off a trans woman, laughing because she wanted a girly chat and at her feet. It was horrible but presumably absolutely fine back in the day.

Uncle TechTip

I wonder what it's been like for the likes of Grace, whose awful behaviour hasn't really been analysed since it went out. Nasty Nick has been done to death and he used to offer his own reflections, maybe he came to terms with it. But i imagine it was a shock for Grace. No, that's not mummy on the TV, it's my twin sister who died soon after and i took her name in memorial.

sevendaughters

she was in the Daily Mail very recently ie. promoting this cycle of shows saying how she cringed looking back at these old shows. sadly she was referring to the state of her hair and eyebrows rather than her horrendous behaviour.

daf

Still got hours of BB2 (Lovely Welsh Helen) and BB9 (Lovely Welsh Rachel) on tape - think there might be a pattern there!

Utter Shit

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 18, 2020, 01:13:49 PM
I wonder what it's been like for the likes of Grace, whose awful behaviour hasn't really been analysed since it went out. Nasty Nick has been done to death and he used to offer his own reflections, maybe he came to terms with it. But i imagine it was a shock for Grace. No, that's not mummy on the TV, it's my twin sister who died soon after and i took her name in memorial.
What's funny about Nasty Nick is that the crime he's remembered for was not only incredibly minor in the grand scheme of things, it was actively taken on as part of the show in later years with other countries making tactical voting a central theme. Lying about a dead girlfriend was a much weirder, worse thing to do.

Custard

I guess he was trying to garner sympathy. We can't possibly vote for Nick, as he's had a right old rough time the past few years!

Was watching clips of BB1 yesterday, and Nick ends up feeling guilty about the lie so confesses to Mel mere days later. Who then goes off him, which leads to no one trusting him, and his exit

He wasn't a very clever player really!

notjosh

Quote from: Utter Shit on June 18, 2020, 03:36:04 PM
What's funny about Nasty Nick is that the crime he's remembered for was not only incredibly minor in the grand scheme of things, it was actively taken on as part of the show in later years with other countries making tactical voting a central theme. Lying about a dead girlfriend was a much weirder, worse thing to do.

How did the lie play out? I don't remember it.

Did try and Google it, but only turned up this headline (from this week) which made me laugh - especially as it never even gives any details.

Custard

Custard

Grace BB6 could be my most hated housemate of the lot. Horrific person. Not just the mentioned ganging up on Sam the trans contestant, but also her trying to gang up on Aisleyne and chucking water in Suzy's face as she was leaving the house. So basically she hated anyone a bit different to her.

That whole group of Grace, Sezer, Imogen and Mikey were unbearable. Smug as all fuck, and none of it deserved. There was another bloke in their clique, George I think, but he saw sense and quit the show almost straight away. Just after Nikki decided she fancied him, strange that

phatfill

Grace and  mikey are and have been a couple since BB apparently. Couldn't happen to nicer people and all that.

Custard

And yet the second she was evicted, Mikey was cosying up to Imogen. Though they conveniently leave that bit out of the narrative!

Imogen Thomas was gorgeous, though. Pity she had little to no personality

Jockice

Quote from: Shameless Custard on June 18, 2020, 07:09:21 PM
Grace BB6 could be my most hated housemate of the lot. Horrific person. Not just the mentioned ganging up on Sam the trans contestant, but also her trying to gang up on Aisleyne and chucking water in Suzy's face as she was leaving the house. So basically she hated anyone a bit different to her.

That whole group of Grace, Sezer, Imogen and Mikey were unbearable. Smug as all fuck, and none of it deserved. There was another bloke in their clique, George I think, but he saw sense and quit the show almost straight away. Just after Nikki decided she fancied him, strange that

Mikey, who said his pet hate was 'ugly people.' Well us uglies don't like you either, you wanker. I don't think him or Grace are the worst ever though. Surely I can't be alone in my hatred of Marco, possibly the most irritating person to be on television ever, let alone Big Brother?

paruses

Was Mikey the bargain basement Vernon Kay(e)? Funny seeing all these names again. Have I imagined a gay Canadian? And was this the series with the Plastics and the.... Reals, maybe

Jockice

Quote from: paruses on June 18, 2020, 08:48:42 PM
Was Mikey the bargain basement Vernon Kay(e)? Funny seeing all these names again. Have I imagined a gay Canadian? And was this the series with the Plastics and the.... Reals, maybe

That's the one. I think the gay Canadian was in the same series as Marco (two extremely annoying gay blokes with shaved heads for the price of one) and he hung around with that woman who had enormous (false) tits. I could be wrong there but I'm certainly not checking. I know nothing about Plastics and Reals though. I'm glad some of it passed me by. I know people probably don't believe me now but I really didn't watch it all that often. I just have the sort of brain that soaks up trivial crap.

Deanjam

Quote from: paruses on June 18, 2020, 08:48:42 PM
Have I imagined a gay Canadian?

Gay Canadian

Quote from: Shameless Custard on June 18, 2020, 07:09:21 PM
There was another bloke in their clique, George I think, but he saw sense and quit the show almost straight away. Just after Nikki decided she fancied him, strange that

He was posh but not an asshole, I think. I remember him refusing to join the rest of the house in walking out on Shahbaz when they turned on him. Now Shahbaz was annoying as fuck, but all of the ganging up on him was shitty.

Jockice

Quote from: Deanjam on June 18, 2020, 08:58:36 PM
Gay Canadian

He was posh but not an asshole, I think. I remember him refusing to join the rest of the house in walking out on Shahbaz when they turned on him. Now Shahbaz was annoying as fuck, but all of the ganging up on him was shitty.

To be fair to Pete he didn't join in the bullying either.

holyzombiejesus

I think my most hated one was that woman who said 'show me the hummous', trying to get a little catchphrase going. Oh and Charlie too, and that guy who got all aggro with a paper cup when he left. Think he was a meathead and volleyed it and said fuck yous all or something. Oh, I hated that Helen(?) from Bolton too and that model woman in the celebrity one who shredded everyone else's letter. Oh yeah, who was the woman who chose to see her dog in the letters challenge meaning that some people (including that lovely girl who came in late who won it) didn't get their letters. And that guy who got kicked out of that series too.

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on June 18, 2020, 06:46:40 AM
Now, who was the Scottish bloke who was trying to be funny in the dairy room to absolutely no reaction from the woman who was manning it, so to speak? Then he came out and told the other housemates that 'she was pissing herself.'' What a prick.

Federico! And how do I remember that? Because I was watching a documentary about page three girls on Channel 4 earlier and they showed a newspaper page with a story about him on it. I'd never have remembered otherwise.

Custard

Jockice, by Marco do you mean the skinny bald bloke from BB5, who argued with my hero Ahmed? If so, then yeah he's deffo a contender for worst housemate evorrrrr!

Though hilariously he did stack it as he left the house. Even Davina laughed. Sadly there's no longer a video of this on YouTube