Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:35:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

When will things be 'normal' again?

Started by holyzombiejesus, June 15, 2020, 09:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Not sure if there's been a thread on this but any ideas when we're all be crammed on to trains, going to work as normal and then off to a gig/ pub/ cinema in the evening? Will it be NEVER? The way the government's going, it feels like they're pushing for everything to return to normal ASAP, or at least allowing for people to start doing whatever the fuck they want so long as they're quiet about it.

I'm interested in the weird quirk in the rules that's allowing zoo's to open, but not smaller horse sanctuaries and charities with rescue animals. It also seems odd to be able to go to a zoo but not a place with giant plastic dinosaurs.

MojoJojo

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on June 16, 2020, 07:35:43 AM
I'm interested in the weird quirk in the rules that's allowing zoo's to open, but not smaller horse sanctuaries and charities with rescue animals. It also seems odd to be able to go to a zoo but not a place with giant plastic dinosaurs.

I assume it's because zoo's are particularly screwed by the lock down. The animals still need looking after so they can't furlough or lay off staff. Same reason they open every day of the year.

Sheffield Wednesday

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 15, 2020, 09:32:15 PM
Not sure if there's been a thread on this but any ideas when we're all be crammed on to trains, going to work as normal and then off to a gig/ pub/ cinema in the evening? Will it be NEVER? The way the government's going, it feels like they're pushing for everything to return to normal ASAP, or at least allowing for people to start doing whatever the fuck they want so long as they're quiet about it.

You can already go to Primark and rape someone at a rave so it's basically back to normal.

kittens

seems like everything is pretty much back to normal in bristol. any day now i'll get the call from work and awake from this blissful dream.

holyzombiejesus

It has been absolutely lovely (apart from the people dying and losing loved ones). I'd really hoped that there may have been some fundamental change in people and perhaps a slight rejection of consumerism. Ha!

So are we thinking that gigs and football matches with crowds will resume before the end of the year so long as the venue has a man with a thermometer gun thingy?

Sheffield Wednesday

You ever see a thing called the fuckin NEWS

Have you been on a fuckin VENT for the last three months

Give it five minutes thought

I honestly think that's one of the stupidest questions I've ever read on this forum

Zetetic

Beginning to think we're going to see otherwise avoidable deaths from stuff like cancer, stroke, other respiratory infections for maybe a decade after this.

Will be focused amongst the worst off, the isolated and carers.

Sheffield Wednesday

My mate's uncle has been taken into hospital with pneumonia. He didn't want to go in because he didn't want to catch Covid. Turns out he's got Covid.

Zetetic