Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:23:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Established artists desperately trying to take on new genres

Started by 23 Daves, May 12, 2005, 05:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek Trucks

Quote from: "Jim"Ah yes, Laughing Stock and Spirit of Eden being two of the most magnificent creations on this planet. Mind you, as 'synth-poppers', they were always a cut above the rest I reckon.

Also check out Mark Hollis' solo album, more of the same but all the better for it.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: "Derek Trucks"
Quote from: "Jim"Ah yes, Laughing Stock and Spirit of Eden being two of the most magnificent creations on this planet. Mind you, as 'synth-poppers', they were always a cut above the rest I reckon.

Also check out Mark Hollis' solo album, more of the same but all the better for it.

Just ordered (I've been meaning to get hold of that for ages - cheers for the reminder!)

NoSleep

Quote from: "Labian Quest"
Quote from: "another Mr. Lizard"Virtually all attempts at reggae by white artists have been disastrous or laughable. The magnificent exception that proves the rule being 'Jah War' by The Ruts.

What about 'Johnny was' by SLF or 'Police and Thee-ee-eeves' by The Clash, surely they're rather good examples of 'Regatta de blanc'

Could I add 'Watching The Detectives' as another exception to the rule?