Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:16:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghostbusters reunited!

Started by Ballad of Ballard Berkley, June 15, 2020, 11:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: Rev+ on June 18, 2020, 11:52:54 PM
Might be misremembering, but was wasn't the reason he was able to effectively retire down to how well-negotiated his contract was for the first film?  I think he has a stake in whatever is done with the franchise, so it's maybe not too surprising that he'd be coming back for an amplified payday.

He has also already been back to the franchise in 1997 for a godawful straight-to-VHS sequel.

dissolute ocelot

Not sure if Moranis would have been able retire off Ghostbusters as it was his first American film role (after lots of Canadian work), but The Flintstones (1994) grossed even more, and of course the Honey, I... films, and Parenthood, etc, did quite well. He did very nicely in the 80s and early 90s.

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 19, 2020, 03:23:22 PM
Not sure if Moranis would have been able retire off Ghostbusters as it was his first American film role (after lots of Canadian work), but The Flintstones (1994) grossed even more, and of course the Honey, I... films, and Parenthood, etc, did quite well. He did very nicely in the 80s and early 90s.

I would wager that he has some kind of equity in the Honey, I... series. He was apparently a tough negotiator when it came to money (and you'd be surprised to realize how many of his SCTV sketches featured his character fretting over contracts, fees, etc.), and it says something that he willingly continued to appear in that series past the point where he wasn't really taking work after his wife's illness/passing, not to mention that the latest installment in the series happens to be the vehicle for his long-delayed return to the screen.

Replies From View

It seems a bit cack to me that the new sequel to Honey I Shrunk the Kids will be a story about Moranis' character's son accidentally shrinking his own kids.  It's almost as if, like Terminator, there isn't really enough of a world to explore to warrant an entire franchise.  Even the first sequel 'Honey, Our Toddler Has Gone Massive' lacked invention and charm.  The second sequel went back to shrinking people, the twist being that the parents were now shrunken instead of the kids, and the new film is back to kids being shrunk.  Now though we'll be blown away by such remarkable CGI of everyday objects appearing larger than we would normally experience.  Just imagine all the computer generated things that will tower over the kids!!

Obviously they expect this film to act as a springboard to further sequels of shrinking mayhem.  I can't see where the potential lies myself, but then I'm not making Hollywood sequels for a job am I.

I only say all this because the talk is of Moranis holding back from film projects he deemed unnecessary.  What is the creative rationale for a new Honey I Shrunk The Kids sequel where the exact same story from the first film is retold?  It is surely about money - bolstering his pension pot or providing more security for his children or something along those lines.  Which is fine, but it rubs against this concept of him keeping away from cynical money-grabbing sequels.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Replies From View on June 20, 2020, 06:08:26 PM
Just imagine all the computer generated things that will tower over the kids!!

Rick Moranis' old granddad cock and balls as he's getting out of the bath/shower or off the pot after a shit.

Replies From View

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on June 20, 2020, 06:12:43 PM
Rick Moranis' old granddad cock and balls as he's getting out of the bath/shower or off the pot after a shit.

The second of those puts me in mind of Rolf Harris' famous Skype calls to his daughter.

Mister Six

Quote from: Replies From View on June 20, 2020, 06:08:26 PMWhich is fine, but it rubs against this concept of him keeping away from cynical money-grabbing sequels.

I don't think he's ever said that's his motivation, has he? He's just not really interested in working for the most part, and a one-day shoot wasn't worth worrying about.

Obviously if he's getting a decent chunk for this film plus residuals or whatever, it's worth him getting back to work.

Good for him.

Goldentony

giant arc of chip shop sausages, massive great big fuckers, size of houses man, flying out of his giant old arse into a toilet the shrunk kids are in going FUCK NO PLEASE NO nd moranis is going "this is is it isnt it, ive lost my fucking mind, I didnt think itd happen"