Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:11:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Old Willie Thorne is nearly gorn.

Started by kalowski, June 16, 2020, 05:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/snooker/53068502?__twitter_impression=true
QuoteFormer snooker star and BBC commentator Willie Thorne has been placed into an induced coma in hospital after suffering respiratory failure.

The 66-year-old, who was diagnosed with leukaemia in March , was taken to hospital in Spain last week with dangerously low blood pressure.

Mr_Simnock

Looks like it's he is his final session now, biggy must be in tears, not even his alien tech can save him

Mr_Simnock

Flouncer

It might look like he's dying, but this is just the pupation stage before he reaches his final form. MechaThorne will soon be back in the top sixteen making everyone else look foolish.

Twit 2

He actually died in 2006 and has been functioning as a garden centre attendant and coin-operated ghast since then. He helped me lug compost to my car recently, and kept trying to give me snooker rest tips and drawings he'd done. He was eating fertiliser straight out of the sack and giggling about his vaporous tracts. Put 20 p'nce in his slot and off he drifted. Top bloke, he'll be fine.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I like his baldness. It's unrepentant and full on.

Jittlebags

Was there not some meme about him having a time machine? In which case he could have gone to the future, saw himself not being well, gone further to the future, got a cure, drop the cure off, then go back to the 80s to play some more snooker.

Jittlebags

Ooo, and that's prompted me to Wiki Ray (Dracula) Reardon. He's still around, now aged 87.

Right, Big Bill Werbenuik....

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 16, 2020, 06:15:29 PM
legend gary will never get over it

Haven't spoken to each other in years not since that incident with Gazza.

DrGreggles

66?!
That means that when I first watched snooker as a kid he'd have been in his late 20s!

He'd just turned 32 when he did this!

pigamus

imitationleather

Very sad about this.

One of the better BBC commentators.

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 16, 2020, 08:52:31 PM
I like his baldness. It's unrepentant and full on.

But he'd got hair at the temples still.  That's worse than the whole hog as it's got such a middle-aged vibe about it.

Butchers Blind

Poor cunt always looked 66.  The final rest.

brownjam

Sad news. I'll always remember him from that evening with Hard Suction

Gulftastic

Old school bald. You rarely see it these days.

kalowski

Gone to the great pocket in the sky.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotefunctioning as a garden centre attendant and coin-operated ghast

I laughed.

Bye Thorne mate

Beagle 2

Chalking off his chrome dome in the Crucible of God.

Quote from: Gulftastic on June 17, 2020, 10:00:08 AM
Old school bald. You rarely see it these days.

Yeah, the modern slaphead fools you, plays tricks upon you. "Have I gone bald? Or do I simply shave my head?" he says.

None of that for Willie, who's proud dome fearlessly informs you: 'Yes, I have gone bald. Castrophically, and terminally."

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Some say he died of a broken heart, others a septic shock brought on by low blood pressure and leukaemia.

Danger Man

He's playing snooker in heaven with some other snooker players who must have died.

Beagle 2

Not necessarily. He could be watching Satan blaze his way to a leisurely 147 whilst wearing his old hair.

Butchers Blind

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1273163901245575171?s=19

Glad to see Gary put all their past troubles behind him and pay this tribute. 

Tony Tony Tony

Don't be fooled, Willie has been reborn as the former BBC political editor, newly turned radio presenter John Pienaar

Blue Jam

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 17, 2020, 12:48:32 AM

I hope Willie is enjoying his reunion with Chas at least.

RIP Willie, you're with the aliens now.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Jittlebags on June 16, 2020, 09:24:53 PM
Ooo, and that's prompted me to Wiki Ray (Dracula) Reardon. He's still around, now aged 87.

He was in the audience at the Welsh Open- the last bit of televised snooker which actually had an audience.

QuoteRight, Big Bill Werbenuik....

Nope. Not a chance.

Joe Johnson is only 67, blimey. He sounds a lot older when he's commentating on Eurosport.

I'm always surprised to see Nigel Bond still playing. Isn't he about 104?