Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:55:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My satire detector is broken

Started by Fambo Number Mive, June 17, 2020, 01:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Not sure if this is meant to be a satirical article or not:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/8ea1c992-89f8-11ea-a109-483c62d17528

I always triple my flower order during a lockdown. I suppose some aspects of lockdown  are difficult no matter how rich you are, but this piece, if real, is almost beyond  parody.

Head Gardener

Phew, relieved this wasn't another complaint about one of my posts, again.

JesusAndYourBush

I can't see shit, it's behind a paywall.

EDIT: Oh that's weird.  I pasted the link into Google to see if it had a readable cached version, it didn't, so I clicked the link that Google had found and it worked.  I compared the 2 links side by side in notepad and they're both the same, one works, one doesn't. Weird.

Fambo Number Mive

It takes a minute or so to load when I click the link in my first post

beanheadmcginty

Shame on the FT for publishing clickbait. They're normally above that sort of shit.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on June 18, 2020, 02:42:36 AM
Shame on the FT for publishing clickbait. They're normally above that sort of shit.

it's what the MASSES want these days - young adults brought up on clickbait instead of news, it's all they ever have known. OMG

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on June 17, 2020, 05:21:46 PM
I can't see shit, it's behind a paywall.

EDIT: Oh that's weird.  I pasted the link into Google to see if it had a readable cached version, it didn't, so I clicked the link that Google had found and it worked.  I compared the 2 links side by side in notepad and they're both the same, one works, one doesn't. Weird.

I followed your instructions and could subsequently read the article too. What's also weird is that the google result you need to click on shows that you have already been there. I didn't realise that was possible. I have to say, it's the one thing about this article that makes me feel I didn't entirely waste my time on it.