Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:04:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris D’Paedophelia (allegedly)

Started by Bronzy, June 17, 2020, 06:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronzy

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/06/17/46335/chris_delia_facing_a_storm_of_sexual_allegations

Pretty well-known American comedian accused of sexually harassing underage girls.

Having listened to a few podcasts he's been on, it is no secret among his fellow comics that he shags anything that moves, so I can't say I'm too surprised if he is indeed a bit of a nonce.

Famous Mortimer

He's a prick and I look forward to his worthless non-apology in a few days.

Noodle Lizard

My wife has a good story about him relentlessly pursuing her, albeit when she was 25. Came off like an asshole, but nothing especially #cancellable, just a bit pathetic.

As for this one, I dunno. Did he know her age? If they met on Twitter, it's reasonable to assume he might not have, which would make him careless but not necessarily a Bad Man.

up_the_hampipe

Might not be deliberate nonce, as it seems like he was just trying to shag left and right without much thought. Definitely a pattern of using women and being predatory though, some pretty nasty stories in the twitter thread about him.

Bronzy

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 17, 2020, 06:53:48 PM
He's a prick and I look forward to his worthless non-apology in a few days.

Agree with that, never liked him whenever he appeared on a podcast I was watching/listening, he always acted like an arrogant arsehole and despite some claims to the contrary I'm very much inclined to believe that it isn't a persona or act.

Joe Oakes

Yes!

Hopefully he now copies something else from Mitch Hedberg other than his voice.

bgmnts

QuoteThe comic, who also played paedophile comedian Henderson

The perfect crime.

C_Larence

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on June 17, 2020, 06:57:12 PM
As for this one, I dunno. Did he know her age? If they met on Twitter, it's reasonable to assume he might not have, which would make him careless but not necessarily a Bad Man.

There have been dozens of screenshots posted from different girls who were underage at the time. Many saying that he was aware of their age or at least that they had it on their profile so if he was speaking to them he had presumably seen it.

My first awareness of him was watching him lose a fight online with someone I follow on twitter, in this thread here:
https://twitter.com/bobby/status/965981598528262145?s=21

After that he started posting in the comments of a guy I follow on instagram called Mikey Miles, who is a whole other story, but if you know who that is then you will understand how bad of a comedian Chris D'elia is when when I say that he couldn't even manage to dunk on Mikey.

Not surprised to see his dad is a famous director!

Joe Oakes

Quote from: bgmnts on June 17, 2020, 07:12:14 PM
The perfect crime.

Yay, I get to crowbar in Redbar clips twice today, who has a lot of great stuff on D'Elia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgmsuDq5Zgo

alan nagsworth

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on June 17, 2020, 06:57:12 PM
Yeah I don't have a lot of time for that argument. If he met her on Twitter he should have been more cautious, not less. It's not as though Twitter is a locked-off message board with a bunch of disclaimers saying "this is for adults only, don't read if you're underage", and it's reasonable to assume other users are legal adults.

Jake Thingray

Genuinely never heard of this cunt.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 17, 2020, 08:50:52 PM
Yeah I don't have a lot of time for that argument. If he met her on Twitter he should have been more cautious, not less. It's not as though Twitter is a locked-off message board with a bunch of disclaimers saying "this is for adults only, don't read if you're underage", and it's reasonable to assume other users are legal adults.

Sure, but that's a different argument entirely than saying he's a "paedophile". Assuming most of you live in the UK as well, it wouldn't even have legal ramifications there.

C_Larence

He became famous from Vine and appearing at the toast of Justin Bieber (as he was "Bieber's favourite comedian"). Appeared on TV as a pedophile in both Workaholics and the Netflix series You.

BeardFaceMan

I saw him on @Midnight and he was always pretty good but I'd never heard of him before then or seen him anywhere else so I checked out some of his stand-up, and it was the worst, hackiest, black-people-be-like-this-and-white-people-be-like-this bullshit I've seen for a long time, I thought that shit had been laid to rest. Although to be fair, he did do jokes about how men be like this, but women be like this.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on June 17, 2020, 10:52:13 PM
Sure, but that's a different argument entirely than saying he's a "paedophile". Assuming most of you live in the UK as well, it wouldn't even have legal ramifications there.
yeah the guy is 40 years old. What does he want with a teenager? I'm nearly that, and even a 19 year old is too young for me. "Legal" doesn't mean "not creepy".

Quote from: Joe Oakes on June 17, 2020, 07:35:57 PM
Yay, I get to crowbar in Redbar clips twice today, who has a lot of great stuff on D'Elia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgmsuDq5Zgo

Seems a bit like Keemstar.

Retinend

Count me in as someone who has never heard of this guy... not that that'll stop me from prying...

This account is publishing a lot of the anonymous allegations, including screenshots of private chats between fans and D'Elia: https://twitter.com/SheRatesDogs

It must really mess up their sense of self-worth at a vulnerable age and some of these texts even talk about "emotional blackmail" and "leaving" the relationship i.e. D'Elia was completley abusing their naivite by implying they were falling in love:

And this next titbit reveals that he was really a predator, i.e. initiating these exchanges. He seemingly just went through his twitter feed and sent these messages out to every female fan he liked the look of, fishing for those insecure enough to respond, and playing the scam-artist numbers-game. I mean this in no way to blame others victims or exonerate D'Elia, but I think that it is telling, moreover, that this next allegation comes from a 19 year old instead of a 16/17 year old: I propose that if he had tried this on with even slightly older fans, as a rule, that that smidgen of additional life experience (and boy experience) would have meant D'Elia's blunt and misogynistic tactics of seduction would have failed a lot more often.

jobotic

Quote from: C_Larence on June 17, 2020, 07:28:08 PM

My first awareness of him was watching him lose a fight online with someone I follow on twitter, in this thread here:
https://twitter.com/bobby/status/965981598528262145?s=21

i very rarely have heard of any of the American comedians mentioned on here. This one included. This thread though - i barely understood a word of any of it.

I'm so old.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 17, 2020, 11:39:24 PM
yeah the guy is 40 years old. What does he want with a teenager? I'm nearly that, and even a 19 year old is too young for me. "Legal" doesn't mean "not creepy".

Exactly. If the genders were reversed in this scenario people would have far less difficulty labelling this as what it is: creepy and inappropriate.

Retinend

Quote from: alan nagsworth on June 18, 2020, 01:37:25 PM
Exactly. If the genders were reversed in this scenario people would have far less difficulty labelling this as what it is: creepy and inappropriate.

Are you sure about your premises, there?

edit to be less obtuse: my intuition is that people would find the reverse scenario less creepy[nb]what with "MILF" "boytoy" and "cougar" being common currency, but there being no male equivalents[/nb] but maybe we could put it to a poll

Bernice

Guys got the worst smugness to talent ratio since the last c-tier LA comedian who let a whiff of the big time go to their big hack brain. I am delighted to hear he is a sexual predator and look forward to his increasingly desperate expressions of contrition being thrown back in his face by the baying Twitter mob.

C_Larence

Quote from: jobotic on June 18, 2020, 10:37:53 AM
i very rarely have heard of any of the American comedians mentioned on here. This one included. This thread though - i barely understood a word of any of it.

I'm so old.

It could be because twitter has somehow fucked up replies, not showing them in order or even who's replying to who. Basically, Bobby (designer who worked on vine, but is very funny in his own right on twitter) posted a screenshot of Chris D'elia defending Fergie from people making fun of her for singing the national anthem badly. Bobby took umbrage at Chris D'elia's hypocrisy, as his comedy is apparently based on putting, non-famous, people down. D'elia had a mini meltdown in the replies, where his pathetic attempts to be funny were superseded by literally every other random person replying. He ended up getting so mad he posted a picture of himself smiling, to prove he wasn't mad, which just proved how mad he was.
https://twitter.com/bobby/status/1052082717855236096?s=21

monkfromhavana

Shaky

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: C_Larence on June 17, 2020, 11:04:37 PM
He became famous from Vine and appearing at the toast of Justin Bieber (as he was "Bieber's favourite comedian"). Appeared on TV as a pedophile in both Workaholics and the Netflix series You.

can't imagine why people don't know who he is then, hilarious, daddy can only get you so far if you're a failed comedian cum child chaser

up_the_hampipe

The ripple effect of this has also brought more attention to this ghoulish clip of Joey Diaz talking proudly about abusing women, all while his buddy Joe Rogan laughs it up https://twitter.com/ChemicalMishap/status/1273159524791259137

This is not even the worst thing Joey Diaz has openly admitted to.

Bronzy

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on June 20, 2020, 03:11:54 PM
The ripple effect of this has also brought more attention to this ghoulish clip of Joey Diaz talking proudly about abusing women, all while his buddy Joe Rogan laughs it up https://twitter.com/ChemicalMishap/status/1273159524791259137

This is not even the worst thing Joey Diaz has openly admitted to.

I don't think it's even in the top 50, to be honest.