Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:17:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris D’Paedophelia (allegedly)

Started by Bronzy, June 17, 2020, 06:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on June 20, 2020, 03:11:54 PM
The ripple effect of this has also brought more attention to this ghoulish clip of Joey Diaz talking proudly about abusing women, all while his buddy Joe Rogan laughs it up https://twitter.com/ChemicalMishap/status/1273159524791259137

This is not even the worst thing Joey Diaz has openly admitted to.

Christ I hate Joe Rogan, and have no idea why anyone would like him.

Retinend

re Rogan: in his defence he's got a fairly level head (was never taken in by Trumpism in spite of his increasingly alt-right audience) and although he preferred the right wing guests (Peterson, Milo, Shapiro etc.) for a long spell he also included the odd left winger and has an admirable capacity to agree with everyone and their worst enemy at the same time. I don't think this is conscious self-promotion, I just think that he finds it hard to give anyone a hard time unless

they attack weed (the fact that he is interviewing a boneheaded religious fundamentalist is irrelevant to his anger)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKSTg9CgQq8&t=3h

they are a fat manchild blubbering about his interview feud with Anita Sarkeesian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrBCsLsSD2E&t=25m

so he's a centrist but a progressive at heart, all in all

Joe Oakes

Quote from: Retinend on June 20, 2020, 04:42:13 PM
re Rogan: in his defence he's got a fairly level head (was never taken in by Trumpism in spite of his increasingly alt-right audience) and although he preferred the right wing guests (Peterson, Milo, Shapiro etc.) for a long spell he also included the odd left winger and has an admirable capacity to agree with everyone and their worst enemy at the same time. I don't think this is conscious self-promotion, I just think that he finds it hard to give anyone a hard time unless

they attack weed (the fact that he is interviewing a boneheaded religious fundamentalist is irrelevant to his anger)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKSTg9CgQq8&t=3h

they are a fat manchild blubbering about his interview feud with Anita Sarkeesian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrBCsLsSD2E&t=25m

so he's a centrist but a progressive at heart, all in all

I'm not bothered by his politics, it's his shilling of snake oil products and awful LA Comedy Store comedians that he will burn in hell for. At least he loves a good sauna.

Quote from: Joe Oakes on June 17, 2020, 07:35:57 PM
Yay, I get to crowbar in Redbar clips twice today, who has a lot of great stuff on D'Elia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgmsuDq5Zgo

Thanks for this; been watching vids of his all day. There is a bit of a hypocrisy in spending your whole time analysing and heavily criticising other comedians I suppose but theres just something about this fella that I find very funny and sort of cozy to watch...

I know nothing about this chris d'elia fellow but this recent podcast interview with Whitney Cummings is loathsome, and really illuminates the arrogance and self obsession these people possess

https://youtu.be/pYkbSb3H81o

Joe Oakes

Quote from: Misspent Boners on June 20, 2020, 06:45:44 PM
Thanks for this; been watching vids of his all day. There is a bit of a hypocrisy in spending your whole time analysing and heavily criticising other comedians I suppose but theres just something about this fella that I find very funny and sort of cozy to watch...

I know nothing about this chris d'elia fellow but this recent podcast interview with Whitney Cummings is loathsome, and really illuminates the arrogance and self obsession these people possess

https://youtu.be/pYkbSb3H81o

Thanks for giving me the chance to shamelessly link my own related thread, I put a bunch of Redbar clips at the bottom of my opening post. The Steve Rannazzisi 9/11 remembrance show is a personal favourite.

Incidentally, I listed the worse offending US comedians who must be stopped, and first on the list was Chris D'Elia. Second was Joey Diaz. Start putting your money on a Whitney Cummings downfall as she was third. I'm not claiming to be a prophet, that would be crazy, but let's see what happens with Whitney before totally ruling out the prophet thing.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,80345.0.html

Indomitable Spirit

This is quite something. One of those rare occasions when the exact moment a scumbag realises he's in deep shit is caught live on camera.

https://twitter.com/BRlFFGRAFF/status/1274437073177468928

lankyguy95

^
That is wonderful. 0:44 for the moment he finds out people can save that stuff.

bgmnts

Fucking hell I pissed myself laughing at that.

mr. logic

Indomitable Spirit

Quote from: mr. logic on June 21, 2020, 03:42:21 PM
What's the context of that clip?

It's taken from this episode of The Fighter and The Kid

Context starts at 1:14:40

It's a discussion about a female teacher who sent nudes to a student that perturbs Chris for some reason.

Nice bit at 1:16:50

D'Elia: But if it was a guy to a girl it would be way worse

Host: Yeah, that's creepy

D'Elia: I understand... *violently pinches own arm*

Quote from: lankyguy95 on June 21, 2020, 03:27:16 PM
^
That is wonderful. 0:44 for the moment he finds out people can save that stuff.

Joe Oakes

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on June 21, 2020, 04:07:58 PM
It's taken from this episode of The Fighter and The Kid

Context starts at 1:14:40

It's a discussion about a female teacher who sent nudes to a student that perturbs Chris for some reason.

Nice bit at 1:16:50

D'Elia: But if it was a guy to a girl it would be way worse

Host: Yeah, that's creepy

D'Elia: I understand... *violently pinches own arm*

This will be studied by body language scholars for decades.

He first instinctively pinches his own arm after hearing the word 'fifteen', then goes back for a prolonged pinch after learning that snapchats can be recorded. I watched from the start and he doesn't pinch his arm for the first hour and a quarter of the podcast. I've done my bit, now could someone else please rewatch every podcast appearance he's ever had and compile a spreadsheet of the times he pinched his arm as a coping mechanism and the context that provoked it? For the sake of science. Thanks.

Retinend

Forum favourite Chelsea Peretti on Diaz:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/22/chelsea-peretti-joey-diaz-oral-sex-12884360/

QuoteBrooklyn Nine Nine star Chelsea Peretti has blasted comedian Joey Diaz for saying he would only let female comics perform onstage in exchange for oral sex. In a resurfaced clip from 2011, Joey claimed he had '20 women' engage in oral sex with him in order to get stage time. The 57-year-old said during UFC commentator Joe Rogan's podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience: 'You think I'm f***ing kidding you? 'F*** yeah, you gotta suck my d*** to get up in The Belly Room. I'm making a call for you. That's the f***ing gateway for coming into Hollywood, everybody knows that.'

Joey went on: 'I had this little blonde open mic chick ... and just take me up to The Belly Room and suck my d*** and then go do her set, she was tremendous. 'She finally freaked out. When she got to Hollywood bro, she was beautiful. But when she left, she had dirty f***ing, her nails were dirty. And then she wrote me a letter to The Comedy Store. "You c***sucker you broke me."'

Joe was seen laughing at Joey's claims, before asking him how many women he did this with. When Joey responded, 'Oh, 20,' Joe burst out laughing and clapped his hands. As the video did the rounds on Twitter, Chelsea called out both Joey and Joe, writing in a since-deleted tweet: 'It's not just Joey Diaz, it's the f***ing laughter.' The 42-year-old then appeared to call out both men in a lengthy Twitter post, before talking about her own experiences of sexism in her comedy career. Chelsea wrote: 'If you're a male comedian one thing you can do is tell men to shut the f*** up when they are saying hateful s*** about women & not go on podcasts that are racist & sexist you can also speak up for women getting attacked online for sticking up for themselves. Or....total silence.' She then recalled once doing a comedy show and being told that a movie producer 'got up & left when I got onstage & said "female comedians aren't funny[sic]"'.

Chelsea went on: 'I've been told women aren't funny since day 1 of comedy, in backhanded compliments after shows, on youtube comments, twitter, facebook, airplane sky writing for my birthday... [sic] 'And I often wonder if the guys who love comedy so much wud love it if when they went to do sets every night it was 20 women and 1 guy on the show [sic]. 'And let me be clear *liberal* comedians in ny in the "alt comedy" rooms only had 1 woman on each show and that is why I started Variety Shac with 3 friends bc we never got to hang out together after shows like the guys bc we were all isolated as the 1 spot [sic].'

Katharine Ryan also blasted Joey Diaz, retweeting the clip of his comments and commenting sarcastically: 'A lot of young women ask me how to get into comedy.'

Fellow comedian Emily Heller added: 'How the f*** are more people not talking about this? 'Guys at comedy clubs kept trying to tell me Joey Diaz was an overlooked genius. 'I'm so tired of being asked to consider someone a genius when it's clear they don't even consider me a person.' Joey has responded to the backlash to the video by tweeting: 'If that video hurt your feelings watch this c***sniffers.'

jobotic

I have no understanding of this element of American comedy at all, even without the sexual assaults. A load of boorish arseholes making each other laugh by being cunts on each others' podcasts, who appear to be famous because they act like boorish aresoles on podcasts?

bgmnts

For people who are okay with Joe Rogan, why?

Thomas

Quote from: jobotic on June 22, 2020, 11:15:16 AM
I have no understanding of this element of American comedy at all, even without the sexual assaults. A load of boorish arseholes making each other laugh by being cunts on each others' podcasts, who appear to be famous because they act like boorish aresoles on podcasts?

It's very American, and as such it is spreading like a God-given template. Here in Ireland, even the amateur/semi-professional stand-up scene has developed a rotating circle of faces appearing on each other's YouTube channels - and one of them has just been booted out for admitting to abuse.

I'd never heard of any of these people (Chris D'Elia, Joey Diaz), but the Irish scene also has some terrible sleazecunts in charge of prominent gigs. Litigious, too, so that's all I'll say.

It's a horrible and daunting scene for any women considering stand-up. All this on top of waiting stageside for hours, enduring incel-level material from laddish dullards.

Puce Moment

For those like me who have been watching the seedy underbelly of post-shock-jock stand-up lead podcasts over the last few years, this will come as no surprise. Also, it seems to come down to fame and money, as it tends to. Diaz will hopefully be fucked (unfunny sack of shit that he is) but Rogan has that corporate Spotify money behind him, plus a sizeable fan-base from across the spectrum of American politics (as narrow and neoliberal as that spectrum might be). Cancel culture might struggle a bit more with yer boy Rogan.

lankyguy95

What's Rogan done though? Haven't seen any accusations about him.

Thomas

Because he guffawed along and was like 'totally awesome man' as Joey Diaz related his horrid casting couch activities.

Puce Moment

In more recent years/months he has learned to shake his head sadly in response to these stories. But back in the 20 teens things were so different. A different time, different attitudes.

If you remember back in the teens, female comedians were largely seen as meat.

Twonty Gostelow

Mike David referring to Rogan as "this bald ape kettlebell" is hard to beat.

Thursday

I feel like Rogan is sort of an evolution of a void left by Adam Carolla, but he's far more Anodyne, so he's managed to last longer and get bigger than he did. I'm not sure he's necessarily done much objectionable, it's just sort of the tacit endorsement of genuinely horrible people by giving space to them and not being of any challenge to them.

There's plenty of other things that don't have boring mediocre men on, so I'm not sure why you'd give him any time of day.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Thursday on June 23, 2020, 01:41:13 AM
I feel like Rogan is sort of an evolution of a void left by Adam Carolla ...

I googled to check who that is. The results may shock you:

bgmnts

Quote from: lankyguy95 on June 22, 2020, 01:08:04 PM
What's Rogan done though? Haven't seen any accusations about him.

Absolutely nothing, which is the problem.

Shaky

Quote from: marquis_de_sad on June 23, 2020, 02:30:06 AM
I googled to check who that is. The results may shock you:

I see they've correctly listed "American radio personality" above racist and rapist in terms of horribleness, there.

Famous Mortimer

For some reason, I got on board with the Adam Carolla podcast at episode 1 (I was a fan of "Drawn Together", I guess) and made it through the first six or seven episodes with no issues. Then he did a thing, entirely without irony, where he said all Indian people stank of curry and all Muslims were terrorists, so I left a bad review on iTunes and have paid him basically no attention since. Well, I was aware he did a documentary about how universities aren't sufficiently right-wing and bigoted for his tastes, but I never watched it.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Thursday on June 23, 2020, 01:41:13 AM
I feel like Rogan is sort of an evolution of a void left by Adam Carolla, but he's far more Anodyne, so he's managed to last longer and get bigger than he did. I'm not sure he's necessarily done much objectionable, it's just sort of the tacit endorsement of genuinely horrible people by giving space to them and not being of any challenge to them.

There's plenty of other things that don't have boring mediocre men on, so I'm not sure why you'd give him any time of day.

It sort of doesn't matter, he has the most popular podcast in the world (somefuckinghow, but that's how it is) - it's careless to ignore it. Presumably his "giving space" for people to talk also grants him a demographic of audiences from all sides of the spectrum of politics and interests, which a lot of podcasts can't claim. He'll have an MMA fighter on one week and then he'll have Bernie Sanders or Graham Hancock. I don't think people want or even necessarily trust him to "challenge" these people (it's Joe Rogan - nobody thinks he's especially smart), but he provides a space where public figures from all sorts of backgrounds and positions can talk for hours and hours on end without necessarily feeling like they need to put up a barrier. Very rarely does being invited onto his podcast seem like a set-up. As a result, more of these "genuinely horrible people" have exposed themselves for what they really are on his podcast rather than any conventional media interview, so it depends whether you see that as a net positive or not. It's here to stay, regardless.

I'm not a fan of Joe Rogan, but from what I've heard of him he seems much preferable, even politically, to the kind of radio hosts he would be competing with for an audience, like Stern or (pre-meltdown) Anthony Cumia or post-Loveline (post-meltdown) Adam Carolla.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on June 23, 2020, 09:39:35 PM
I'm not a fan of Joe Rogan, but from what I've heard of him he seems much preferable, even politically, to the kind of radio hosts he would be competing with for an audience, like Stern or (pre-meltdown) Anthony Cumia or post-Loveline (post-meltdown) Adam Carolla.

Yes, which is why attempts to "shut him down" are not only ineffective, but also counterproductive. He's one of the most flexible and non-partisan hosts imaginable in this form of media. If he had an ISIS figurehead on his show, he'd probably start to show sympathies to radical Islam (for an hour).

I don't personally like very much about Rogan at all - never liked his standup, never liked his shows, never liked his blather - the best thing I could say about him is that he's a good MMA commentator, but that's only because my friends who are into MMA tell me so. I'll listen to his podcast when he's got a good guest on, because I know I'm in for at least two hours of relatively uninterrupted chatter from them. Ultimately, that's the service he's providing here.