Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:16:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris D’Paedophelia (allegedly)

Started by Bronzy, June 17, 2020, 06:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

All I can think whenever I see Rogan mentioned now is how his amazing all-meat diet gave him lava-like diarrhea. BUT HEY HE LOST SEVEN POUNDS! FROM ALL THE DIARRHEA

PlanktonSideburns

I'm always thinking about the lad in Joe pera who's on joes all meat exterience

The scene with the chicken carcass in the shower in particular

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on June 23, 2020, 09:53:30 PM
Yes, which is why attempts to "shut him down" are not only ineffective, but also counterproductive. He's one of the most flexible and non-partisan hosts imaginable in this form of media. If he had an ISIS figurehead on his show, he'd probably start to show sympathies to radical Islam (for an hour).

I don't personally like very much about Rogan at all - never liked his standup, never liked his shows, never liked his blather - the best thing I could say about him is that he's a good MMA commentator, but that's only because my friends who are into MMA tell me so. I'll listen to his podcast when he's got a good guest on, because I know I'm in for at least two hours of relatively uninterrupted chatter from them. Ultimately, that's the service he's providing here.
Is your new thing "long-winded posts about why all activity is pointless"?

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 23, 2020, 02:34:38 PM
For some reason, I got on board with the Adam Carolla podcast at episode 1 (I was a fan of "Drawn Together", I guess) and made it through the first six or seven episodes with no issues. Then he did a thing, entirely without irony, where he said all Indian people stank of curry and all Muslims were terrorists, so I left a bad review on iTunes and have paid him basically no attention since. Well, I was aware he did a documentary about how universities aren't sufficiently right-wing and bigoted for his tastes, but I never watched it.

Someone described Carolla as an American Jeremy Clarkson which is very accurate. Dodgy views, curly hair, both like cars.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 24, 2020, 06:01:25 PM
Is your new thing "long-winded posts about why all activity is pointless"?

No, you're reacting specifically to why I think activity against these particular people might be pointless - ineffective, anyway. I've always thought Joey Diaz was scum, and have very little respect for Joe Rogan (see past posts), but I can do all of that whilst acknowledging that these aren't especially effective targets.

Lord Mandrake

Rogan of course always obliquely defends Louie CK when that comes up. I don't see anything released by Delia's team that can resurrect his piece of shit career.
'It's like, hey guy...Don't groom underage girls.'

Bobby Lee and Theo Vonn, both from Rogans orbit, kind of said Delia was dead to them.

Bronzy

He's resurfaced after nearly nine months away with this video:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Rt6U244bLec

Retinend

Thanks for updating the thread.

So he's coming out as a sex addict, essentially. Now he is the victim. No, not the victim of the girls, of course (they too are victims), but rather the victim of his addiction. It reminds me tangentially of Michel Foucault's prisoner, who was victimized by the prison.

...Bash it if you like, but the victim narrative works! The like:dislike ratio is currently over 10:1. You can't keep a good "victim" down.

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Quote from: Retinend on March 02, 2021, 09:34:13 PM
Thanks for updating the thread.

So he's coming out as a sex addict, essentially. Now he is the victim. No, not the victim of the girls, of course (they too are victims), but rather the victim of his addiction. It reminds me tangentially of Michel Foucault's prisoner, who was victimized by the prison.

...Bash it if you like, but the victim narrative works! The like:dislike ratio is currently over 10:1. You can't keep a good "victim" down.

He frames the apology in terms of being a sex addict whose relations were legal and consensual but compulsive and selfish.
He doesn't address the allegations of messaging underage girls and asking for photos, or of taking his dick out in the presence of women without their consent.

Seems to be a video for his fans only, really.

petril

looks like he'll be on the one is quite lonely, actually meals then