Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:37:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

what's worse?

Started by the science eel, June 17, 2020, 08:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choose one

Are You Being Served?
Terry and June

the science eel

idunnosomename

Are you being served's theme toon is fucking brilliant so it's got that going for it at very least

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

The Terry and June theme tune is great too.

Autopsy Turvey

Neither of them are bad, both probably went on too long but they're very different obviously, 2-hander vs big ensemble, domestic vs world of work, very hard to meaningfully compare. A better one might be Terry & June vs George & Mildred or AYBS? vs On The Buses. (AYBS is better than OTB and G&M is better than T&J, but they're all better than any British sitcom of the last 20 years.)

dissolute ocelot

In 20 years' time they'll be showing schoolchildren Are You Being Served? to explain what a shop was.

Shit Good Nose

I absolutely hated Are Your Being Served when I were a nipper, but tolerated Terry and June.  So my answer is Terry and June.

Brundle-Fly

I certainly enjoyed AYBS? more as a kid because of the theatricality, the colourful cartoonish ensemble, Mr. Harman's gadgets, John Inman's warmth, Mollie Sugden's fantastic performances, Mr Rumbold's ears and of course, all the 'dollybirds'.  Was there ever any location shots on that show?

Jittlebags

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on June 25, 2020, 09:13:57 PM
Was there ever any location shots on that show?

There weren't even shots of Mrs Slocombe's pussy from what I recall.

keir

I reckon Terry & June is basically worse, but I love Reginald Marsh.