Author Topic: NeOL ◔̯◔  (Read 1430 times)

NeOL ◔̯◔
« on: June 17, 2020, 11:41:37 PM »
He moved to New Zealand. And added another station to his Positivity Radio network.
This one is for plants.
“We ran an experiment with two plants, one of which we neglected and the other we played Positively Plants to. The difference was absolutely amazing, and then we played those tones, because it's all about tones, we played those tones to the plant that didn't look so good, and it perked up again.”

Noel says this will not mark the beginning of a wider broadcasting career Down Under, however, as he is now retired. He said: “Kiwis can rest easy. I'm not going to inflict myself upon this proud nation. I'm not bringing Mr Blobby over. I'm here to behave.

I quite like it. Good for him.
Positively Plants

Re: NeOL ◔̯◔
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 11:56:07 PM »
"With his stupid ewok head."

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 12:24:37 AM »
Shine on you zirconia diamond

Ambient Sheep

• Please help me, I'm lost. I don't know what to do.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 12:29:26 AM »
Noel’s surprise move to New Zealand comes months after he rubbished reports that he was planning to move away from the UK.

In January 2019, weeks after his disappointing turn on I’m A Celeb where he was the first to be voted off, he released a video online where he said: “Apparently I'm so crushed following my experience on I'm A Celebrity I'm putting my house on the market and skulking off to New Zealand.

“It's a matter of record that I had a fabulous time, the production were wonderful, the reaction of the British public coming out to me were truly humbling and I'm really grateful for that reaction.”

Addressing claims by The Sun at the time that he was selling up for a new life in New Zealand, he said: “The house that I have in the UK was put on the market a couple of years ago and is now sold and they were told all this last week and they've still run the story that apparently I'm going to skulk off to New Zealand. It is absolute disgusting lies.”

Why on earth would you lie about something like that?

Unless it was before his out-of-court settlement went through and he was worried that if the bank thought he was fucking off to NZ they wouldn't be so bothered about paying up.  But even so, no need to lie so blatantly like that.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 12:47:20 AM »
You people make me sick. Neol is trying to heal but all you can do is mock.
If you had a radio station it would be called Positively PANTS.
They played frog noises a while back

touchingcloth

• You wanna plack the rick, you ha.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 12:58:57 AM »
I’m not bringing Mr Blobby over.

It’s astonishing that he thinks anyone would imagine that he would do that.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 01:05:03 AM »
Why on earth would you lie about something like that?

Nothing about Noel will ever surprise me. And also, any question about Noel's motivation can usually be answered with one word: spite.

NoSleep

• This is your Uncle Jim speaking
    • Space Is The Place
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 01:08:55 AM »

touchingcloth

• You wanna plack the rick, you ha.
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 01:09:32 AM »
Nothing about Noel will ever surprise me. And also, any question about Noel's motivation can usually be answered with one word: spite.

Why did he speak to my snake on the phone that time?

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 01:25:45 AM »
I've probably said this before here as it was all I talked about irl for ages, but Noel once wore the largest poppy I have ever seen on an episode of 'Deal or No Deal.' It practically covered his entire torso and looked heavy. By the second half of the show he was having to lean on things constantly, and appeared exhausted and unwell, often starting a sentence and then holding his finger up halfway through as if he was going to be sick, but that was a price he was willing to pay to remember more and better than the rest of us. By the end of the episode he was on all fours, calmly saying "no" repeatedly as he shook his head violently and dry-heaved.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 01:31:47 AM »
Why did he speak to my snake on the phone that time?

Compassion.

Birdie

• Tweet tweet
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 07:47:35 AM »
WHAT THE FUCK

Birdie

• Tweet tweet
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2020, 07:50:24 AM »
This is just like when funny man Michael 'alright? Barrymore moved here.

DO WE HAVE NO STANDARDS, JACINDA?

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 07:51:05 AM »

BlodwynPig

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2020, 09:46:18 AM »
Arse
NOT ARSE. Science.
Neol said he also had business plans, and he and his wife Liz were both interested in the environment.
"We have a small science business that has some very interesting technology - we are in the process of applying for patents - and it would be applicable to some of the challenges faced here with regard to water quality."

BlodwynPig

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2020, 09:47:53 AM »
and it would be applicable to some of the challenges faced here with regard to water quality]and it would be applicable to some of the challenges faced here with regard to water quality

human extinction?

Shit Good Nose

• Several bags of balls
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 10:29:17 AM »
This would explain why the grounds surrounding his house (which he tried to flog a couple of years ago with no success) are MASSIVELY overgrown.

NoSleep

• This is your Uncle Jim speaking
    • Space Is The Place
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2020, 10:30:38 AM »
"We have a small science business that has some very interesting technology..."

Surely science must have a restraining order in effect against Edmonds?

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2020, 10:40:35 AM »
Such bitterness and jealousy. All of you (except NeoSleep). Maybe if you listened to some better radio your outlook on life would be brighter. Positively Gongs is my new fave.

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2020, 10:41:14 AM »
Surely science must have a restraining order in effect against Edmonds?
I spoke too soon. Disappointed in you.

madhair60

• カッコイイ
  • Golden Member
  • バカ
    • Comics, videos, podcasts, writing, etc
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2020, 12:21:16 PM »
That thread with his Lloyd's bank radio tirade was amazing.

edit: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=61782.0

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2020, 01:41:38 PM »
Did anyone archive Noel's amazing Lloyd's baiting radio station?

boki

• Defecranium
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2020, 02:22:46 PM »
Quite surprised that his plant-healing tones don't just go "Woooo".

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2020, 06:01:55 PM »
Did anyone archive Noel's amazing Lloyd's baiting radio station?

Yes, Twed kindly recorded 24 hours of it and Duncandisorderly edited it down to 2 hours but didn't include any music (I think?). I have it somewhere if they don't see this.

madhair60

• カッコイイ
  • Golden Member
  • バカ
    • Comics, videos, podcasts, writing, etc
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2020, 12:09:14 AM »

Captain Z

• Oh yeah my cholesterol's going down
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2020, 12:12:40 AM »
B b b b b b b banksters

shiftwork2

• pies this is your time
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2020, 12:22:56 AM »
Beloved avuncular Saturday morning TV host to West Country libertarian fruitcake who vowed to buy the BBC to New Zealand expat never mentioned again.  Quite a ride, and he still looks the same.

Part of the heartbreak of Covid-19 is imagining all the Deal Or No Deal quiz machines sat in pubs unplugged in carpeted silence.

petrilTanaka

• Are we counting shites?
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2020, 09:39:15 AM »
he'll still be gurning at us from fruit machines for another four years or so until they cycle them out when the next gamblor industry innovation slowly creeps through the pubs like a manic, rave remix of the Dad's Army titles

Tags: