Author Topic: Neil Young - Homegrown  (Read 535 times)

Smeraldina Rima

• We both like Chris Morris
Neil Young - Homegrown
« on: June 18, 2020, 07:47:36 AM »
Streaming now on Neil Young Archives.

I apologize. This album 'Homegrown' should have been there for you a couple of years after 'Harvest'. It’s the sad side of a love affair. The damage done. The heartache. I just couldn’t listen to it. I wanted to move on. So I kept it to myself, hidden away in the vault, on the shelf, in the back of my mind … but I should have shared it. It’s actually beautiful. That’s why I made it in the first place. Sometimes life hurts. You know what I mean. Anyway, it’s coming your way in 2020, the first release from our archive in the new decade.

Made in 1974 and early 1975 with Levon Helm drumming on some tracks, Karl T Himmel on others, Emmy Lou Harris singing on one, ‘Homegrown’ contains a narration, several acoustic solo songs never even published or heard until this release, and some songs played with a great band of my friends, including Ben Keith – steel and slide, Tim Drummond – bass and Stan Szelest – piano.
https://neilyoungarchives.com/news/1/article?id=Homegrown-the-one-that-got-away

Re: Neil Young - Homegrown
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 11:57:06 AM »
So the Ditch Trilogy is a Ditch Quadrilogy now? Fuck yeah!

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 11:29:11 AM »
Sounds like the second album of one of those double albums that goes on too long. And the good half was American Stars 'N Bars.

Inspector Norse

• I bash the Bishop well.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 02:55:09 PM »
That cover art is really fucking weird when you look at it closely

Tags: