Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:50:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Acts Who Could Be Cancelled for Racially Dodgy Lyrics or Videos

Started by Satchmo Distel, June 18, 2020, 12:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 03, 2020, 03:51:45 PMI've also seen two bands associated with convicted homophobic murderer Faust - Emperor and Zyklon. I don't know if he was performing at any of the times I saw Emperor, but I've recollections that he was a guest drummer when I saw Zyklon. I guess I didn't think too much about it when I bought the tickets.

I remember being genuinely a bit frightened seeing Gaahl/King-fronted Gorgoroth supporting Cradle of Filth when I was 17. Not only was it my first "black metal" show, but I remember a woman going round the pit warning everyone to get out as if there were a fucking snake in it, but it was actually because a group of proper skinhead swastika-tatted Neo-Nazis had turned up just for Gorgoroth. Coupling that with everything I'd heard about Gaahl specifically - serving time for having kidnapped and tortured a man - it definitely felt "dangerous" in a way I hadn't experienced before.

Of course, a few months later Gaahl came out of the closet and started helping to design summer dresses and generally became a lot more smiley and pleasant. Before that, though, he really was a scary figure. He also had his history of Nazi patter in the 90s, but appears to put that down to it simply being the "cool thing" to do at the time.

It should always be remembered that a lot of people from those scenes really were kids when they took off. If I'd been in the public eye around that age I would probably have been a right cunt as well, especially if trying to seem "evil" was what sold my records.

ProvanFan

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on July 03, 2020, 11:20:00 PM
He also had his history of Nazi patter in the 90s, but appears to put that down to it simply being the "cool thing" to do at the time.

What's worse than a nazi? A fucking poser.

Egyptian Feast

Nah, actual Nazis are worse. At least posers can wise up.

ProvanFan