Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,362
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:20:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

No More Jockeys

Started by DrGreggles, June 19, 2020, 09:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Christmas Special 1 is up!

Spoiler alert
"I'm not going to challenge, but you're really weird."
[close]

cacciaguida

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 11, 2020, 10:47:10 AM
Christmas Special 1 is up!

Spoiler alert
"I'm not going to challenge, but you're really weird."
[close]

This was the highlight for me. Initially thought Key had fucked it, but I think his logic just about holds up.

Ja'moke

It just gets better. Not sure how. One of my comedy highlights of 2020. I'd quite happily watch a new episode every Friday for the rest of time.

Mert Aksac.

buntyman

Has anyone watched his livestreams? They've been on at an awkward time for me but I made the effort for one of the Christmas ones. I regret not forking out for the lockdown poems one too, wish there was a watch again option.

cacciaguida

Quote from: buntyman on December 13, 2020, 11:47:40 AM
Has anyone watched his livestreams? They've been on at an awkward time for me but I made the effort for one of the Christmas ones. I regret not forking out for the lockdown poems one too, wish there was a watch again option.

I've watched about 5 of them. They are all broadly similar so feel like a bit of a plum forking out for it every time, but then again Key has been paired with a couple different stooges (soundmen) so at least there's that.

He also comes out with at least 2/3 really lovely lines each time, so I never feel short changed.

Quote from: cacciaguida on December 13, 2020, 05:59:51 PM
I've watched about 5 of them. They are all broadly similar so feel like a bit of a plum forking out for it every time, but then again Key has been paired with a couple different stooges (soundmen) so at least there's that.

He also comes out with at least 2/3 really lovely lines each time, so I never feel short changed.

Was the Christmas one different to the lockdown ones, at least?

I watched one of the lockdown ones and thought it was superb. Definitely the most creative Zoom gig I've seen.

He's been one of the country's best and most consistent standups for over a decade now.

cacciaguida

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on December 13, 2020, 06:54:57 PM
Was the Christmas one different to the lockdown ones, at least?

I watched one of the lockdown ones and thought it was superb. Definitely the most creative Zoom gig I've seen.

He's been one of the country's best and most consistent standups for over a decade now.

He wore a Xmas jumper for the one I saw? He also did marginally more Xmas poems and mulled some wine instead of cooking something.

Hard agree on the last point.

Benjaminos

Watched what I guess was the first lockdown livestream, where he attempted to cook some prawns out of the window, and just harassed his tech guy for 90% of the time instead of reading poems. Ended up with everyone twitterbombing him (the tech) with new followers, him panicking and the stream ending. Really enjoyed it.

'Do you not pay your cutlery Horne?'

cacciaguida

I'd love to see Father Christmas' pay checks

Ja'moke

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on December 19, 2020, 06:54:10 PM
'Do you not pay your cutlery Horne?'

Watson was in tears during that whole cutlery bit. "You've never tipped a spoon?"

kitsofan34

A complete travesty that Key didn't walk for Father Christmas. These jokers are far too occupied with "having a laugh" instead of taking the rules seriously. Just because it's early on in the game doesn't mean a participant should be given a reprieve. Write to your local MP!

notjosh

Being Father Christmas isn't a job anymore than being a ghost or a Jesus. It's a calling, and the category didn't have anything to say about Calling Gloves.

Ja'moke

Father Christmas wears gloves because he lives in the North Pole and is cold, surely. The same reason he wears a hat and big toasty jacket. He doesn't require the gloves to do his job. Key was right to stay in!

Captain Z

Penelope Pitstop doesn't require her gloves to drive, but she still wears them...

Ja'moke

Quote from: Captain Z on December 24, 2020, 11:21:33 PM
Penelope Pitstop doesn't require her gloves to drive, but she still wears them...

Exactly, that was a travesty of justice too, seeing as the Wacky Races isn't her job. She's a socialite!

Anyway, hyped for the final Chrismtas spesh tomorrow.

Merry Christmas, all. Over!

DrGreggles

Schrodingers Cat

This New Year's Special is great. Only half way through so far. So much to enjoy. Love the narrator-ing.
Might actually be my favourite so far.

DrGreggles

I've recently introduced my missus to NMJ, despite her not knowing any of them.
She thought they were just funny mates who have created a surprise YouTube hit during lockdown - which they arguably are!

Schrodingers Cat

Almost certainly been my comedy highlight of the year - I didn't realise it had been going for 8 months until they mentioned it today! Although I think the 1st episode was uploaded 6 months ago. I wonder if they'll continue doing it in some form once all this madness is over?

(Dodds Incarcerated is in 2nd place, for those interested - really enjoyed it, but just sort of dropped out of listening to it for no reason a few months ago, and now have so much to catch up on I find it a bit off putting).

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 06, 2021, 09:21:09 AM
BONUS EP!

Oh wonderful. Didn't expect that! And set 3 "coming soon".

DrGreggles

A juicy podcast dangle too.

DrGreggles

Nothing concrete - it was just mentioned in the pre-match build up.

Set three begins in a fortnight.

DrGreggles