Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:37:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

No More Jockeys

Started by DrGreggles, June 19, 2020, 09:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

It was MKV, so it should work on most media players.

JamesTC

VLC plays everything, practically. If you aren't using VLC to play everything on your computer then you should start using VLC.

lazyhour

Yep, I've using VLC for about 15 years. Can't get it to play the .mkv no matter what I do. I tried redownloading it too, but no joy.

MigraineBoy

At the end of the latest Horne Section Podcast, James Acaster insists he's appearing as a guest in an upcoming NMJ, as Alex ignores him and wraps up the chat.  Playing with guests has to be inevitable at some point doesn't it? Even if it's a bubble, like those Christmas episodes.

DrGreggles

Not sure I approve of guest contestants in general, but I think Acaster would make a rather good exception.

benjula

I think guest contestants would be fun, lots of good people in their friendship group with a similar sensibility, Basden would be good

Anyone who has offered able to DM me a link to any of the live shows if poss?

wooders1978

Trouble is, while there a loads of people I would want to see, there is a decent showing of people I very much wouldn't

amateur

I don't hate the concept of guests, but when you think about how long they take to record these for, you've really got have someone that knows what they're doing.

It's a bit Mornington Crescent, isn't it? You could probably win in three turns if you're a real prick about it, but that's not the spirit of the thing. Would have to be someone who respected the whole setup.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: amateur on April 16, 2021, 10:34:31 AM
It's a bit Mornington Crescent, isn't it? You could probably win in three turns if you're a real prick about it, but that's not the spirit of the thing. Would have to be someone who respected the whole setup.

Definitely.  Acaster or Osman would be competitive enough to make it interesting without squeezing the fun out of it. 
It'd make for an interesting dynamic - While playing their own turns Tim, Mark & Alex wouldn't want be knocked out by a Johnny come lately, yet they'd probably be quite gleeful if it happened to their opponent.

DrGreggles

I think Acaster, as he showed on Taskmaster, would bring the perfect silly/competitive mix.

Captain Z

I wouldn't mind James Acaster.

No more people that,

Quote from: amateur on April 16, 2021, 10:34:31 AM
when you think about how long they take to record these for, you've really got have someone that knows what they're doing.

Oh, Tim. How many times will he just lose the plot at the end. At least three categories that his final attempt failed.

amateur

Glad you enjoyed that.

Lovely episode today. Some great fan favourites and new contenders.

DrGreggles

My mate thinks Acaster will 'referee' the final NMJ live stream.
Good shout? Or is she talking bollocks again?

sevendaughters

has anyone tried playing any variants of NMJ? me and a couple of pals had a No More White Boots (football and football people) and I hear there's one where you can go beyond people and include things, concepts, etc.

amateur

I've played it a bit but always do very poorly because I forget 1. the rules and 2. the categories.

So quite true to the actual thing.

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 17, 2021, 06:48:38 PM
has anyone tried playing any variants of NMJ? me and a couple of pals had a No More White Boots (football and football people) and I hear there's one where you can go beyond people and include things, concepts, etc.

Not played any variants, but me and my friends have been playing classic NMJ during lockdown and it is a very enjoyable way to pass 90 minutes or so after a few drinks.

Highlights have included:-

One friend trying to claim that Basil Brush wasn't fictional because 'the physical puppet that was on tv exists somewhere and is therefore real'

Another trying to stay in after being challenged on the category 'no more famous spouses' after naming Tom Hanks, on the grounds that 'he'd never heard of Rita fucking Wilson'. Only backed down when we showed him her star on the Hollywood walk of fame.

My own ultimately futile attempt to find one picture on the internet of Mo Farah with hair after being challenged on 'no more baldies.'

DrGreggles

To be fair, I've never heard of Rita fucking Wilson either, so I'd claim that she can't be famous.

JamesTC

She was the wife in Jingle All the Way. Can't get any more famous.

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 18, 2021, 11:24:22 AM
To be fair, I've never heard of Rita fucking Wilson either, so I'd claim that she can't be famous.

A drunken argument about the nature of fame went on for about 20 minutes. As I say, a fun way to spend an evening (in lockdown).

DrGreggles

Quote from: JamesTC on April 18, 2021, 11:27:37 AM
She was the wife in Jingle All the Way. Can't get any more famous.

Ah, her.

Still not famous enough for me to know/remember her name though.

benjula

Another appeal for if anyone could possibly DM me a link to either of the live shows?

Adore this show

rude soil

Edited versions of the live show are coming on the 30th of April.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=708OL9MSJJ0

cacciaguida

Can anyone DM the youtube link for the show tonight? Pls?

easytarget

I sometimes wonder how Mark Watson feels about stealing bread from the mouths of dissideeeeeeehnts.

DrGreggles

I was at a NMJ BTL Quiz Night for the Cesspit Gems at the weekend.
Key, Watson and Horne all made videos for it, which I didn't mind.

I never made it beyond half an hour of the live shows but the edits are great, as you'd expect really.

Any word on what's happening after they've shown all the live edits? New set? Or is anything happening with that podcast they hinted at?

DrGreggles

I assume Set 4 has already been recorded and will start after the 'exhibition matches' have been shown.

g0m

https://youtu.be/MPWry4rn9d4

Say what you like about
Spoiler alert
The Deal - I think propositioning it and getting Watson to agree to it would be enough to win Key the game as it was
[close]

Mark Watson is starting to grate with the unfunny and out of timing song riffs/football chants he keeps doing