Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:50:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition free until June 25th

Started by Bazooka, June 19, 2020, 07:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

I know it's old, and you may not care, but just saw the full game is free on PS4/Xbox/PC until 25th June.

Mister Six

My thoughts while I played it last night:

These menus are quite ugly, aren't they? And the font's massive. Was it designed for phones?

Oof, this is really ugly. Don't like the designs for Superman or Batman.

Jesus, it's only seven years old. That's the same year Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us came out! Did this just have a weirdly low budget?

This tutorial is boring and I'm too tired to dodge. I'll just play the game.

Wow, this cutscene is Xavier: Renegade Angel-quality in its visuals. Skip!

Wait, I can't choose a character? Hang on, there must be another mode.

Ooh, Zatanna! And her costume looks like the classic one from the comics.

Urgh, what's wrong with her face?

Nice bum though.

Can I win by just flailing around and hammering buttons?

Yes!

Why are Lobo and Deathstroke's super attacks so creative and brutal while Zatanna's is so lame?

And after she wins, does someone pick up her hat and take it to the next battle, or what?

Okay I'm going to try being Joker.

He's much less easy to flail with. Oof beaten by the Martian Manhunter.

What's MM's victory animation supposed to be? He celebrates by flying off to Mars?

Okay, I'll be Cyborg this time.

Why is Scorpion in this? Ha, I like his intro animation.

Twatted again, and I missed the connecting blow on that super move. Clearly I needed that tutorial.

Right, sod it, I'll play this another day. Maybe.

Mister Six

And yet I still want to play Injustice 2, even though I'm clearly not temperamentally suited to one-on-one fighters these days. I think just because it has Hellboy and the characters have little conversations before they fight. And it doesn't look hideous. What the fuck is wrong with me?

kittens

one night years ago i bought injustice and completed the story mode in one night while getting drunk with some of my best buds. it was terrific and is now a precious memory. we thought the story was great and their big moves were so wicked. got injustice 2 when it came out and tried to recreate that magic evening and it sucked so bad. gonna try playing this one again on my own. bet it's shit

Spiteface

Quote from: Mister Six on June 20, 2020, 03:09:33 PM
And yet I still want to play Injustice 2, even though I'm clearly not temperamentally suited to one-on-one fighters these days. I think just because it has Hellboy and the characters have little conversations before they fight. And it doesn't look hideous. What the fuck is wrong with me?

Nothing.

2 is genuinely better, graphically, gameplay-wise and just overall.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Spiteface on June 24, 2020, 02:28:46 PM
Quote from: Mister Six on June 20, 2020, 03:09:33 PM
Nothing.

2 is genuinely better, graphically, gameplay-wise and just overall.

Plus Injustice 2 has Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Injustice 2 is when Netherrealm Studios finally learned how to do character faces, moving away from the fugly, rusty mannequins with Lego hair into something actually resembling humans, and quite impressive at that. For example, look at the latest Mortal Kombat 11 compared to MKX, which came out before Injustice 2. It looks like a generational leap, even though they're both current gen.

evilcommiedictator

I'm using the Opera GX browser for watching twitch, it has all the game deals on it's start page, quite useful, also got a few discords where free game deals are posted but Opera seems pretty good imo for those who like establishing a catalogue of games like this that they feel bad about not playing

Mister Six

Injustice 2 - Ultimate Edition is available for $20 on the US PS4 store. That includes all DLC, so I'm looking forward to playing as Hellboy. I'm guessing it'll be the same on other stores, and that they're trying to drum up interest in the series ahead of news about Injustice 3.

Really hoping John Constantine's in that one. C'mon, yer bastards!

(Should I slog my way through Injustice 1's storyline mode before catching up on Injustice 2's one?)

madhair60

nah just watch it on youtube if you feel like it, or read the Wiki.

Injustice 2 is way better but there's just so much of the game that seems to be about opening boxes of trousers.

Kelvin

Quote from: madhair60 on June 27, 2020, 12:02:34 AM
Injustice 2 is way better but there's just so much of the game that seems to be about opening boxes of trousers.

Sounds like a Rockstar game.

Barry Admin

It's basically - if I recall correctly - more of a Destiny style system. Enjoyable in a different way to choosing to dress up, as you're constantly upgrading pieces of costume.

Love both games. Should get back into the second one, was watching clips of me playing Robin and Black Canary this week, while making space for more Apex captures.

Mister Six

Injustice 2 is fucking mint, by the way. Accessible enough to let you get pretty far with button mashing, but with enough depth and balance (and things to do in one-player) to reward concentration and practice. Shame Catwoman's such a minger though. Also sad that Hellboy is one of the tougher characters to play for a total newb.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Mister Six on July 05, 2020, 10:57:41 AMShame Catwoman's such a minger though.

I always thought she looked like Alyssa Milano. For some reason they used a young Dan Aykroyd as the Superman face model.