Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,207
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:12:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeff Ross

Started by Famous Mortimer, June 19, 2020, 09:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Looks like our favourite roast comedian was having sex with a 15 year old when he was 33; he also allegedly raped her while she was asleep.

https://twitter.com/PallaviGunalan/status/1273925367498043394

and

https://www.facebook.com/iwas15hewas33/

I really liked him, too, and his "Historical Roasts" show was surprisingly decent, and had something to say.

Mister Six

Looks like doing those shows in prisons is finally going to pay off for him.

Bronzy

Jeff Ross: Roasting in Hell

Twit 2

"Post-lung-collapsing present"

lankyguy95

That is super depressing, not only what happened, but that all the adults around her completely failed her in such a frighteningly reprehensible way.

Twit 2

Her dad sounds like a totally mental cunt.

lankyguy95

Quote from: Twit 2 on June 19, 2020, 11:17:49 PM
Her dad sounds like a totally mental cunt.
Imagine letting and even actively encouraging that to happen to your 15 year old daughter.

up_the_hampipe

Urgh, the post for her non-fiction writing assignment is so nauseating, she was still under the spell of his grooming even then.

The fact that she was a known figure in the New York comedy scene around that time, working for Barry Katz, flirting with all the comics, accompanying Jeff Ross very publicly to the clubs and all these events. It's horrible to think all these people - perhaps many other comics some of us admire - didn't seem phased by it. Ross has often received some jabs about having young girlfriends, but I didn't know they meant actual children as well. He's even made a career out of mocking celebs for stuff like this. This D'Elia stuff seems to have set things off in a way that might reveal more than the #MeToo movement did, this feels like it's just getting started.

Ornlu

This shit is getting exhausting, man.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on June 19, 2020, 11:43:41 PM
Urgh, the post for her non-fiction writing assignment is so nauseating, she was still under the spell of his grooming even then.

The fact that she was a known figure in the New York comedy scene around that time, working for Barry Katz, flirting with all the comics, accompanying Jeff Ross very publicly to the clubs and all these events. It's horrible to think all these people - perhaps many other comics some of us admire - didn't seem phased by it. Ross has often received some jabs about having young girlfriends, but I didn't know they meant actual children as well. He's even made a career out of mocking celebs for stuff like this. This D'Elia stuff seems to have set things off in a way that might reveal more than the #MeToo movement did, this feels like it's just getting started.

Starting to make sense now why so few male comics spoke out against Louis CK.

Twonty Gostelow

Has this been ignored for months then? As far as I can see, Ross hasn't responded and he's still working with Jimmy Kimmel.

lankyguy95

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on June 20, 2020, 12:43:09 AM
Has this been ignored for months then? As far as I can see, Ross hasn't responded and he's still working with Jimmy Kimmel.
It looks to me like it's only got any real notice today. People were saying that the original video on Facebook only had about twenty reactions.

Puce Moment

He did some cracking gags about underage sex at the Rob Lowe roast. I imagine they could repurposed for his own roast.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Puce Moment on June 20, 2020, 12:49:18 AM
He did some cracking gags about underage sex at the Rob Lowe roast. I imagine they could repurposed for his own roast.

"R Kelly wanted to be here tonight but he was R-rested. That guy went from fucking young pussy to being young pussy!" - Jeff Ross, Emmitt Smith roast, 2003

Dusty Substance

I think my only exposure to Jeff Ross is when he briefly joined Norm MacDonald on the red carpet for that YouTube Comedy thing - "I buy my clothes at Forever 41" - but this news story comes as no surprise. Some guys just have a creepy vibe about them.

Puce Moment

As I have pointed out before, he is often the one of the least funny people at those roasts and his reputation as roastmaster general seems to be something he has earned largely through persevenrance and having little else to do. It was very evident at the Franco roast where other roasters were far, far better.

I will say that his prison roast documentary is a great watch, and in particular when he is roasting the women prisoners.

But nothing surprises me anymore with this creepy fucking cunts.

Sin Agog

Your brain's not fully formed at fifteen.  How can I trust that this really happened to her?

#TeamRoss

Sin Agog

Yeah, liked the Cops and Prison roasts, but he really is one of the smarmiest creatures in American comedy.  Won't particularly miss him.

SavageHedgehog

He looks like a Simon Day character in some photos

batwings

The One With Ross And The Underage Girl.

Joe Oakes

Seems like Barry Katz has also been implicated in this, and he is connected to most major US comics.

I used to think that the comedian code of never criticising each other was just because they were worried about costing themselves potential work in the future. Now I'm convinced that it's because they are all in the same paedophile WhatsApp group.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Joe Oakes on June 20, 2020, 06:15:07 PM
Seems like Barry Katz has also been implicated in this, and he is connected to most major US comics.

So that's Barry Katz and Dave Becky, two of the most prominent comedy managers in the US, complicit in sexual abuse. Maybe the comedy scene needs to reset. Good time for it while stand-up is on hold.

Puce Moment

I guess Sarah Silverman's going to have to do ANOTHER one of her serious videos about how ANOTHER one of her stand-up bezzies is a horrid perv but that she loves them.

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on June 20, 2020, 06:20:36 PM
So that's Barry Katz and Dave Becky, two of the most prominent comedy managers in the US, complicit in sexual abuse. Maybe the comedy scene needs to reset. Good time for it while stand-up is on hold.
Every time Barry Katz's name comes up on a podcast people have nothing but bad things to say about him. He was dumped by all but one of his clients (Jay Mohr) about 10 years ago. I don't know why anyone would work with him now but he must have picked up more clients because if he was relying on 10% of Mohr's income he would've starved to death years ago.

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: Carpool Dragon on June 20, 2020, 07:12:18 PM
He was dumped by all but one of his clients (Jay Mohr) about 10 years ago.

So Mohr decided to live in Jerry Maguire as well?

Hand Solo

Every time Barry Katz's name comes up on a podcast people have nothing but bad things to say about him. He was dumped by all but one of his clients (Jay Mohr) about 10 years ago. I don't know why anyone would work with him now but he must have picked up more clients because if he was relying on 10% of Mohr's income he would've starved to death years ago.

There was a very odd episode of Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee where Seinfeld had Michael Richards on, which was uncomfortable enough after his infamous Laugh Factory meltdown, but after their coffee Richards randomly suggests they drive to Sugar Ray Leonard's house to visit (which is just an odd thing to do in a driving/interview show and stank of Richards desperately trying to show the public he had a black friend) and end up at the wrong house which happens to have Barry Katz standing there visiting Jay Mohr I think it was, so he's confused staring at Kramer and Jerry staring confusedly back. It was all a bit odd.

Mr Faineant

Everyone goes on his podcast, though, and says how much they love him, and how much he contributed to their success.

Retinend

What is it about fame that lets people's guards down about sexual impropriety?[nb]rhetorical question - it's clear that fame generally clouds people's judgements as fame stands in symbolically for social approval[/nb] This woman clearly feels used now, as she rightly ought to feel, but she was seemingly under some sort of spell at the time: smiles all around, modelling, father knew, Ross's friends knew... a small part of the video concerns accusations but the greater part is occupied with proving who she was.

photos she shared: https://imgur.com/a/1q4UZmD
the video source (now 8 months old!): https://www.facebook.com/iwas15hewas33/videos/989295181435476/

One might compare these deceptive-looking photos to the quote-unquote "happy" memories that people had under the brainwashing of some cult. The cult of fame, bohemia and fancy lanyards. For this reason it seems categorically different to the D'Elia case, where he was literally going through his twitter and propositioning random teenaged girls with flights to LA.

But it's all bad, in my controversial opinion. Sleep with someone your own age. Have you got some sort of desire to be "daddy"? It's fucking gross.

up_the_hampipe

Why isn't this story getting more attention? It's circulated a bit on Twitter, but there's no media outlets reporting it and he was on TV in the US last night without any real controversy.

lankyguy95

Unless journalists are trying to contact the woman to write up the story, I have no idea. It's a bit odd.