Author Topic: Jeff Ross  (Read 4722 times)

Retinend

• gettit done gettit on gettit done when you do it
    • Goodreads profile
Re: Jeff Ross
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2020, 01:13:36 PM »
Sadowitz seems very prescient for having vigorously maintained a "no uploading" policy on his copyrighted material.

I can think of one particular bit from the US series of "The People Vs." which would make twitter scream today, but is nonetheless one of the most hilarious put-downs in the history of comedy.

Sin Agog

• Dogs fucked the pope; no fault of mine
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2020, 01:20:59 PM »
Sadowitz seems very prescient for having vigorously maintained a "no uploading" policy on his copyrighted material.

I can think of one particular bit from the US series of "The People Vs." which would make twitter scream today, but is nonetheless one of the most hilarious put-downs in the history of comedy.

I love the U.S. People VS Jerry Sadowitz.  The UK one, not so much, save for the moment when the gangster bouncer gets in a ruckus.  It was New York at its quirky best before 9/11 and a thunderous rain of self-consciousness landed on it.  Not to mention Sadowitz was actually genuinely warm and earnest at certain points, for him.  Can't think what would have gotten him cancelled, though.  He mock-humps a woman at one point; "Arnold Schwarz and N*%*?", as well as marching off that probably autistic dude obsessed with the NYE ball drop.  There must be much worse that I'm forgetting.  Best program on Channel 5.

Retinend

• gettit done gettit on gettit done when you do it
    • Goodreads profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2020, 02:48:33 PM »
No, neither of those instances.

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2020, 04:25:02 PM »
No, neither of those instances.

Probably the crazy girl who was obsessed with him and acted like he was Willy Wonka.

"Fuck off, and take your body with you!"

Twonty Gostelow

• Sent from my bum using Crapatalk
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2020, 12:09:06 AM »

Mobius

• he who hingeth aboot getteth hee haw
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2020, 12:24:59 AM »
I love the U.S. People VS Jerry Sadowitz

Is there anywhere to watch these?

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2020, 09:39:59 AM »
Is there anywhere to watch these?

Through one's fingers?

Twonty Gostelow

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2020, 02:17:32 AM »
I hate to kick a man when he's guilty or not guilty but I just watched the Historical Roast of Freddie Mercury on Netflix and it's one of the most depressingly unfunny things I've ever seen.

I did like Bumping Mics though.

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2020, 09:08:12 PM »
I hate to kick a man when he's guilty or not guilty but I just watched the Historical Roast of Freddie Mercury on Netflix and it's one of the most depressingly unfunny things I've ever seen.

I did like Bumping Mics though.

Fuck the idea of "Historical Roast of Freddie Mercury" is bleakness. When people mentioned historical roasts I thought it might be "That Benjamin Franklin can't keep it in his pants". But picking someone who wouldn't give a shit about roasts for post mortem jokes any fool and his cat could make? No thanks.

Twonty Gostelow

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2020, 09:48:41 PM »
Fuck the idea of "Historical Roast of Freddie Mercury" is bleakness. When people mentioned historical roasts I thought it might be "That Benjamin Franklin can't keep it in his pants". But picking someone who wouldn't give a shit about roasts for post mortem jokes any fool and his cat could make? No thanks.

The first one of Lincoln was that sort of thing, and not as bad as the shabby Mercury one. I didn't see this clip before watching or I'd probably have skipped it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHtx3Hd_lNk.

The Anne Frank one is next. Sounds horrendous but Ross and Gottfried seem to be proud of it. Might risk it.

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2020, 10:52:26 PM »
I saw that when it was on in the US, and liked it. I guess his employers have decided the claims are without merit?

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2020, 04:22:24 PM »
Just found this which backs up some of her claims. Things like her being around the scene and working for Katz, plus Ross being known for only liking very young girlfriends/hookers. Kevin Brennan, of all people, talking some sense. Well, until he mentions Jews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6vjx4OpNRg

up_the_hampipe

• Crowd appeaser
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2020, 04:48:58 PM »
Just found this which backs up some of her claims. Things like her being around the scene and working for Katz, plus Ross being known for only liking very young girlfriends/hookers. Kevin Brennan, of all people, talking some sense. Well, until he mentions Jews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6vjx4OpNRg

It's not backing up her claims. We know she was around the comedy scene and that she probably worked for Barry Katz, that's clear from the photos. Nothing about them being together. He likes young women, okay good to know, but we're talking about children here. This video provides nothing, it's just Brennan and his loser friends using the story as an opportunity to call Amy Schumer a cunt.

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2020, 04:52:00 PM »
...using the story as an opportunity to call Amy Schumer a cunt.

To be fair, it’s a noble cause.

Tags: