Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:09:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeff Ross

Started by Famous Mortimer, June 19, 2020, 09:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retinend

Sadowitz seems very prescient for having vigorously maintained a "no uploading" policy on his copyrighted material.

I can think of one particular bit from the US series of "The People Vs." which would make twitter scream today, but is nonetheless one of the most hilarious put-downs in the history of comedy.

Sin Agog

Quote from: Retinend on June 24, 2020, 01:13:36 PM
Sadowitz seems very prescient for having vigorously maintained a "no uploading" policy on his copyrighted material.

I can think of one particular bit from the US series of "The People Vs." which would make twitter scream today, but is nonetheless one of the most hilarious put-downs in the history of comedy.

I love the U.S. People VS Jerry Sadowitz.  The UK one, not so much, save for the moment when the gangster bouncer gets in a ruckus.  It was New York at its quirky best before 9/11 and a thunderous rain of self-consciousness landed on it.  Not to mention Sadowitz was actually genuinely warm and earnest at certain points, for him.  Can't think what would have gotten him cancelled, though.  He mock-humps a woman at one point; "Arnold Schwarz and N*%*?", as well as marching off that probably autistic dude obsessed with the NYE ball drop.  There must be much worse that I'm forgetting.  Best program on Channel 5.

Retinend

No, neither of those instances.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Retinend on June 24, 2020, 02:48:33 PM
No, neither of those instances.

Probably the crazy girl who was obsessed with him and acted like he was Willy Wonka.

"Fuck off, and take your body with you!"

Twonty Gostelow

Mobius

Quote from: Sin Agog on June 24, 2020, 01:20:59 PM
I love the U.S. People VS Jerry Sadowitz

Is there anywhere to watch these?

Hand Solo

Quote from: Mobius on June 25, 2020, 12:24:59 AM
Is there anywhere to watch these?

Through one's fingers?

Twonty Gostelow

I hate to kick a man when he's guilty or not guilty but I just watched the Historical Roast of Freddie Mercury on Netflix and it's one of the most depressingly unfunny things I've ever seen.

I did like Bumping Mics though.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on June 28, 2020, 02:17:32 AM
I hate to kick a man when he's guilty or not guilty but I just watched the Historical Roast of Freddie Mercury on Netflix and it's one of the most depressingly unfunny things I've ever seen.

I did like Bumping Mics though.

Fuck the idea of "Historical Roast of Freddie Mercury" is bleakness. When people mentioned historical roasts I thought it might be "That Benjamin Franklin can't keep it in his pants". But picking someone who wouldn't give a shit about roasts for post mortem jokes any fool and his cat could make? No thanks.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 29, 2020, 09:08:12 PM
Fuck the idea of "Historical Roast of Freddie Mercury" is bleakness. When people mentioned historical roasts I thought it might be "That Benjamin Franklin can't keep it in his pants". But picking someone who wouldn't give a shit about roasts for post mortem jokes any fool and his cat could make? No thanks.

The first one of Lincoln was that sort of thing, and not as bad as the shabby Mercury one. I didn't see this clip before watching or I'd probably have skipped it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHtx3Hd_lNk.

The Anne Frank one is next. Sounds horrendous but Ross and Gottfried seem to be proud of it. Might risk it.

Famous Mortimer

I saw that when it was on in the US, and liked it. I guess his employers have decided the claims are without merit?

Joe Oakes

Just found this which backs up some of her claims. Things like her being around the scene and working for Katz, plus Ross being known for only liking very young girlfriends/hookers. Kevin Brennan, of all people, talking some sense. Well, until he mentions Jews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6vjx4OpNRg

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Joe Oakes on July 01, 2020, 04:22:24 PM
Just found this which backs up some of her claims. Things like her being around the scene and working for Katz, plus Ross being known for only liking very young girlfriends/hookers. Kevin Brennan, of all people, talking some sense. Well, until he mentions Jews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6vjx4OpNRg

It's not backing up her claims. We know she was around the comedy scene and that she probably worked for Barry Katz, that's clear from the photos. Nothing about them being together. He likes young women, okay good to know, but we're talking about children here. This video provides nothing, it's just Brennan and his loser friends using the story as an opportunity to call Amy Schumer a cunt.

Joe Oakes

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on July 01, 2020, 04:48:58 PM
...using the story as an opportunity to call Amy Schumer a cunt.

To be fair, it's a noble cause.

up_the_hampipe

This seemed to quietly go away after Ross' statement, but there was a new interview with the accuser in Vulture yesterday, with several others backing up her claims https://www.vulture.com/2020/08/jeff-ross-jessica-radtke-alleged-sexual-relationship-at-15.html

Famous Mortimer

I think it shows the limit of the monster that is cancel culture - when the person in question denies it and enough people either believe the denial or don't care enough or have a financial stake in the denial being true...that's it. Nothing happens.

dissolute ocelot

^Cancel culture depends on the willingness of people to follow the consensus to cancel: people keep working with lots of "cancelleds". I doubt most of Jeff Ross's friends are worried about seeming un-woke.